In-Depth Discussion of Kolar's Book "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 20, 2012.

1. otg

otg Member

I wonder if it was actually a bruise on the labia. From the AR:
    Note that Meyer does not refer to is as a bruise, or a contusion, or a hematoma. Seems to me he is saying the noticeable "faint area of violet discoloration" is incised to look for blood in the tissue which would verify that it is indeed a bruise. But since no hemorrhaging is found in the tissue, it is not a bruise. Perhaps it is dried, smeared blood?

DeeDee?

I have in the past looked at the titles of every single book by Dr. Seuss to see if there was anything that would be cause for the secrecy here. If there is, I don't see it. Have a look and see if I'm missing some connection:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Seuss_bibliography#Dr._Seuss_books

In addition to having JAR's semen, didn't the suspected pubic hair turn out to be a hair from Patsy's forearm? :yow:

Oh, no... Oh, no! We don't want to go there, pal!

2. otg

otg Member

Oops. You beat me to it, heymom. Didn't know until I posted. But we seem to have verified one another's thinking along that line. :thumbsup:

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It was a bruise. There is no other description for "an area of violet discoloration", so let's call a spade a spade. She WAS penetrated that night- finger or paintbrush or both. The bruise on the labia could have come from pressure of a hand against the labia as it pressed against her during the penetration.

4. heymom

heymom Member

We know she was penetrated, no question there. But Dr. Meyer did not call that area of violet discoloration a contusion, and he even excised to see if it was one. He says that there is no evidence of hemorrhage. For all we know, it could be from a marker or something.

5. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

This fits the scenario of the perp jabbing her with the short end piece of the paintbrush, doesn't it? As koldkase pointed out, that piece would've been small. So it makes sense that the perp's fingers/hand could've caused the bruising while doing the jab if the piece wasn't long enough to avoid contact between the perp's hand and JBR.
    Okay, here's another Britt Dumb Medical Question: can there be a "bruise" without "hemorrhage"?

By the way, has the exact original (unbroken) length of that paintbrush handle ever been determined?

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

From the autopsy report:
    I'm a medical layperson, but could "very faint area of violet discoloration" (with no hemorrhage present in the underlying tissue) indicate that it was from an older bruise that had healed to a point where only a very faint violet discoloration could still be seen?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. Elle

Elle Member

The Duvet may well have been handled when Patsy was putting it in the washing machine otg. She did wash jonBenét's bedding quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
  8. cynic

cynic Member

It can be described as a bruise, albeit a superficial, minor bruise.

But there was more evidence from the vaginal exam.
    Meyer found a very faint area of violet discoloration on the right outer lip of the vagina. A superficial bruise, Wecht assumed, probably inflicted during the sexual abuse. And inside the vagina – in the vaginal vault – Meyer found a small amount of what he described as “semifluid, thin, watery, red fluid.â€
    Wecht read that as referring to the liquid part of blood with some mucus mixed in – not as thick as whole blood. The fluid was another indication of a fresh insult to the vagina of this little girl

Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?, Cyril Wecht M.D., page 261.

Although Wecht doesn’t address the possibility, I’ll throw it out there.
    Because there wasn’t a significant amount of blood in the underlying tissue (no hemorrhage) I had speculated that this was a further indication that the sexual abuse that night had occurred post mortem or at a time when there was little blood pressure, perhaps just before death.
    Activity or pressure on this area would then simply cause the little amount of blood in the capillaries to seep out rather than larger amounts of blood backed by a beating heart.

9. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, cynic! So it sounds like that bruise would be consistent with the perimortem vaginal jab, right?

10. cynic

cynic Member

In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, yes.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The hair on the white blanket DID turn out to be Patsy's forearm hair.

12. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Yes, it was Levin. Thanks for the above info, koldkase - that's what I thought - that even if cops can play games like that, lawyers cannot.

Plus, if you read John's evasive answers about his laundering habits (I posted the quotes, post #153, p. 13, this thread), it's obvious IMO that he's trying to "explain" those fibers being on JBR's underwear. Otherwise, he would've just said that he sends his wool shirts to the drycleaners, period. He wouldn't have had to tap dance so fast keeping all the options open for how that shirt could've "ended up" in the regular laundry and deposited its fibers on his daughter's underwear.

Plus plus, as wombat pointed out (post #255, p. 22, this thread) Lin Wood went absolutely batcrap nutso in response to this line of questioning. A tad over-reactive, lol. I think both his and his client's reactions were telling. Oh yeah, that fiber evidence exists, IMO.

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

Michael Kane was also present during the August/2000 Atlanta interviews when Levin confronted both Patsy (on August 28) and John (on August 29) with the fiber evidence from John's shirt.
    It exists, there's no doubt about it.
    And Wood knew that the interviewers were not lying about this evidence which indicated Ramsey involvement. This explains why he began to 'bark' at Kane & Co like an upset dog seeing 'danger' ahead ...

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

Does Kolar believe John's 'window break-in' story?

J.Kolar, FF, From the chapter "Revisiting the Point of Entry":

Kolar covincingly argues that the evidence contradicts that an intruder broke the window on that night, but surprisingly, he seems to believe John's story about having broken this window the previous summmer.

Is it possible to examine whether a window has been broken from the outside or the inside?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  15. Elle

Elle Member

rashomon,

I received my book long after the excerpts from "Foreign Faction" were posted. Kolar suggests we read the book in the proper sequence. I am at page 174 but have jumped ahead to read your information on p 232.

When I read about John Ramsey having broken this window before. I personally didn't believe it. The Ramseys had given keys to a neighbour and a few other people. Knowing he was a CEO, I doubted he was the type of man who would bother to take his clothes off and go through the scenario he claims he went through, when it would have taken him just a few minutes to call on his neighbour and get a spare key. Plus, he could have made an easier entry through another door with windows. No! I don't believe he would have gone through the idiotic scene of lifting the grate etc. etc. etc.

Excuse my British spelling!

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Elle--he did break that window. I know it's hard to sort through all his lies, but that window was long broken.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Maybe he did break the window Bob, but it's hard for me to see this CEO take his clothes off and go through that window the way Lou Smit went through it. I have trouble with this part, because it would have taken him seconds to get one of the keys the Ramseys had handed out to several people. Plus he could have broken into an easier section of his own home. Money was no object for repairs, although the window was never repaired.:) Sorry I can't see John Ramsey doing this. Sorry I don't believe he went through that window. He doesn't strike me as being the type of man who would go to that amount of trouble.

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I agree. Besides, all he had to do was call LHP. The Rs made such a big deal about her having a key. I would think the Barnhills also had a key- they used ot take care of JB's dog all the time. I had also read that Patsy kept a spare ket in a statue outside. She even gave the statue a French name- but I don't recall what is was. Patsy was enamored of all things French, giving her daughter and her dog French-sounding names.
    All the Rs did was talk about how many people had keys to their house.

19. Elle

Elle Member

This is why I have trouble believing John Ramsey's statement of having gone through this broken window before, DeeDee. With his stature of being such an important CEO, it was beneath his character to go through this basement window undressed, and why would he need to with all these keys given out to his housekeeper, neighbours or friends? I just cannot see John Ramsey going through this window(?).

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

Does there exist evidence that indicates it was long broken?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice