John Ramsey on 48 Hours - Saturday - 11/25/06

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Nov 17, 2006.

1. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

48 HRS and DATELINE

I confess.

I watch these shows slavishly. And I find them fascinating. But sometimes I know more about the featured case than is presented in the hour, which is of course a limited amount of time, but it does make me wonder about the slant of the shows.

48 HRS is going to feature an interview with Michael Tracey, I see, and I have to wonder if they are going to ask him tough questions about all of his other "suspects".

48 HRS covered the Nancy Seaman murder trial for the hatchet slaying of her estranged husband Robert which Nancy claimed was in self-defense. 48 HRS swooped down and a lot of people felt very disheartened, betrayed in fact, after they saw the show on the murder.

DATELINE covered the murder trial of Justin Barber who claimed that his wife April was killed in a botched "robbery" not by him, as the jury believed. DATELINE was much more credulous towards the defendant than I would have been. I was very disappointed.

So much of these shows, limited in time as they are, depends utterly on the editing of the material and that depends on their point of view. I have to wonder about their point of view. That should depend on the FACTS, nothing else.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Tough questions? Ha. Not on your life.

The program will be slanted in Tracey's favor, and will be more of an infomercial than an interview.

For one thing, CBS and Erin Moriarity are die-hard Ramsey lovers. Tricia and others have tried to talk to them about presenting the other side of the story, but they're not interested.

For another thing, Michael Tracey will only talk to media that is biased in his favor. When Geraldo did the piece in August on how Gigax was slandered by Tracey in his third crocumentary, they couldn't get Tracey to come on the program, or even answer their questions.

Tracey is a wimp when it comes to media he can't control. He would not be appearing on 48 Hours unless he was assured it was all going to be favorable to him. I'm sure he's demanded to see a list of questions, and only those he approved will be asked.

3. Little

Little Member

So, if one were to do an analogy (is that the appropriate word?) here, one might say "CBS is to Tracey as the Boulder DA's office is/was to the Ramseys"?

Little

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, it's all just a free-love love-fest. They are all enamored of each other and believe their own BS. It's disgusting, and it's frustrating. Big media won't ask the hard questions or touch the truth. That's why Lin Wood is going after the Internet. It's the last bastion of intelligent and truly free reporting.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  5. Amber

Amber Member

IMHO Team Ramsey are not being as clever as they think.

People will have seen all the media frenzy about OJ and 'if I did it'...here comes JR at exactly the same time and in people's minds they will be
    associated, no matter what slant he puts on it. You DO NOT want to be seen as being on a par with OJ.

Why doesn't someone here write to Carol McKinnley, especially now with the Midyette case beginning to get momentum?

6. heymom

heymom Member

Excellent point. If I were a certain Ramsey male, I would try like anything to get that interview pulled. Just like when Patsey referenced Susan Smith - not a good association to make, hon.
    :tsktsk:

7. wombat

wombat Member

I wonder how much promo CBS is going to do for this. We should watch for that this week.

If there are tons of commercials and internet ads, maybe we can hope for new info. Like, Patsy wrote the ransom note. After almost 10 years, no national TV reporter has shown Patsy's handwriting next to the ransom note. She's dead, people - go for it!

I doubt it though - the only hooks they had in that preview were 1) evidence could have exonerated the Rs and 2) JOHN MARK KARR IS NOT OUT OF TROUBLE!!!

Another inverview with Tripp and Ratface. Ho Hum. We can't even hope for Tracey to be interviewed right after he's come from the pub, like the last time he was on LKL.

8. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Speaking of which, people should not forget this moment from the Ramsey interview on the Christian Broadcasting Network in 2000:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yaK2RstdQQw

9. heymom

heymom Member

This is beyond disgusting. They are reveling in their supposed Christianity, lecturing the minister by saying that even the murderer, or especially the murderer, should be welcomed into church.

My God, if one of my boys died in the way JonBenet did, I would never smile again, not like that smug sneer John Ramsey wears. The only thing I can ever see on his face is "Eat this, I got away with it you stupid bastids."

:rage:

10. Elle

Elle Member

John Ramsey said, he hoped the minister would let them in the church if they were murderers, and that Jesus addressed the worst of the worst.

All's well with the world, I guess, when you look at life in this way, WN.

11. Amber

Amber Member

OJ : IF I did it...

JR : What IF we WERE murderers?

This is no hypothetical christian debate...their daughter was murdered...yet they find the whole thing hysterical...'the worst of the worst'?...well put JR...well put.

12. heymom

heymom Member

This time, the minister, the "ordained minister in the church," as he put it, was less than convinced. He didn't slurp them up like the Hawaiian guy did. The final shot was his face, which has an expression of something more like, "Yeah, RIGHT!"

If he even asked this question, it must mean he feels they are involved in some way.

"That's a problem that WE CHRISTIANS have," says John, as he laughingly draws a parallel between them and the minister. Ha ha ha ha, it's all good, John, you are SO GOOD and you are IN THE CLUB, hahahaha.

This giggle-fest makes me ill.

13. heymom

heymom Member

Here's a laugh - when I pulled up the video on YouTube again, on the right side are other vids, right? So what is the first one I see, when I glance over from John and Patsy being self-satisfied?

Drum roll...

"2,200 Lbs. of Bull!"

:justice:

14. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I think that is the same interview where the minister asked John what some of his favorite scriptures are, and he couldn't name one. He finally mumbled something about how he likes the story of Job. Obviously John has spent as much time reading the Bible as he has looking for his daughter's killer.

15. wombat

wombat Member

He knows about Job because he "wrote" about Job in Death of Innocence. He identifies with Job because he has lots of troubles. While inspiring, Job's story is one of the least complicated instructions in the Bible. Believe in God and you can cope with your troubles, God will reward you, and you will die old and full of days.

Couple of interesting thing about Job's story re: JR - During his troubles, Job's wife told him to curse God and die. Hmmm...is that a parallel too, Johnny? And do you think about how no women were as fair as the daughters of Job?

Anyway, JR never quotes New Testament stuff, like love or peace or grace, just Job. I don't think he's ever read another book in the bible.

16. heymom

heymom Member

Maybe he's also heard of Ecclesiates, "There's nothing new under the sun."

17. Carol

Carol Member

Thanks for your answer, BluesStrat. If I ever, God forbid, got into any trouble, I'd want the Ramsey's PR team and their lawyers!

I doubt if Erin Moriarty is going to be fair and balanced or present the BPD's side of the story. You can tell by the accusatory tone in her voice when she is questioning Mr. DeMuth.

18. wombat

wombat Member

So I heard on the radio on the way home that Rupert Murdoch killed the entire OJ project -book and TV interview.

I wonder if 48 hours needs JR so much now that OJ's done?

19. heymom

heymom Member

Maybe they will cancel JR now. I hope not. I am disappointed that OJ isn't going to come out and be the murderer we all know he is.

I wouldn't watch him, but I would be glad for the fallout. Oh, well. If JR does appear I am going to get it on tape.

20. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Hah!...OJ is not going to get the book sells he thinks he will get, with all the bad publicity.

I really liked OJ as an actor, not football, until he murdered Nicole and Ron. These days I consider him a low lift serial killer who continues to grind his heels into his victims families....none will see a penny of the multi million dollar verdict. Sheltering his fortune in his children's trust funds and getting away with more than murder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice