John Ramsey to appear on Oprah

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by S.F., Aug 18, 2008.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

If ya'll go here... http://www.oprah.com/index

and scroll to the bottom...you can email Oprah...I think an FFJ campaign is in order on John Ramsey...maybe we should remind her to do her homework next time!

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks so much to whoever wrote up this transcript! YOU DA BOMB!!

Here is where John's little "tell" slips in:

Is there any way to see this other than that John is simply REVEALING that the murder of JonBenet was NOT premeditated, because there is NO EVIDENCE this killer has murdered again? John KNOWS the truth and it just popped out, didn't it? Do y'all realize what a GOOD DETECTIVE would do with such a statement in an interview room? John himself chose the words "PREMEDITATED CRIMINALS": John knows full well after 12 years his well publicized RST story all along has been the "intruder" came in to get vengence on the Ramseys, because of some real or imagined slight, planned it, then broke into their home and carried it out "while they slept", as John says AGAIN on this very show. The alternate RST version is this was done by a SADISTIC PEDOPHILE, or perhaps it was some combination of these wild imaginings. Either way, EVEN THE RST hasn't put forth the theory a stranger randomly happened by the house and went inside and committed this crime like some disoriented psycho. John in fact told Arndt it was "an inside job", didn't he?

Yet here John is, 12 years later, and his subconscious peaks out on the Oprah show: PREMEDITATED CRIMINALS do it again, UNLIKE the killer of JonBenet, WHO HAS NOT DONE IT AGAIN. AND HENCE, IT WAS NOT PREMEDITATED. It doesn't take Plato to get there, PAL!

Sorry, it just really gets me when the Ramseys CONFESS AGAIN AND AGAIN, but there is NO DA TO HEAR THEM. :steamed:

And equally telling on THIS show is this part, where John has a golden opportunity to make a plea for INFORMATION to help FIND THE INTRUDER...but alas...HE IS TOTALLY OBIVIOUS. It goes right OVER HIS HEAD...because John has not one worry in the world about finding THE KILLER, does he? :no: la di da

3. koldkase

Sorry, Moab and WY, I disagree that Oprah didn't do a good thing. As far as I'm concerned, John just told the world on her show--that's a bunch of people, too--that JonBenet's murder was not premeditated, but WAS an accident or manslaughter. I have believed for some time now John knows what happened that night. He just confirmed it for me, no question anymore.

It's never a bad thing when the Ramseys are talking, because the worm has turned and time is no longer on their side.

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I thought Oprah did a decent interview with him. I'm not so sure she thinks he is innocent.

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Okay, so I missed the show, but DVR'd it to watch later when I came home

I use my DVR all the time, NEVER a problem. I came home, put it on and despite my best efforts, it was a blank screen. IT DID NOT RECORD :eek:

Spooked me, but I taped it again later that evening when it comes on as a repeat on a different channel, so I'll actually TRY to watch it later. Having read the transcript though, the one thing that stands out in addition to his usual BS was the once again, me,me,me,Patsy, Patsy, Patsy

When asked what we could do by Oprah, his response COULD have been something, ANYTHING, that dealt with how to PROTECT our children, OR..how about asking for donations to REAL children's charities, or just about anything that would show he cared about children

One would also have thought, given that he had a general idea (I'm sure) of what would be asked that he would have made it a point to bring some of the pictures or videos that he spoke of, showing JBR doing the "normal" things that Oprah asked about.

After all these years, KNOWING that the public ONLY knows JBR based on the tarted up videos of her shown over and over again, that he would have used an opportunity ON THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW to drive home the point that she was an average kid, like he claims with the videos and pictures of her doing all the things he spoke of.

When someone famous speaks, usually something positive comes from it

As always, HE talks, nothing worthwhile comes out, and nobody is ever better for having heard John Ramsey (or any Ramsey) speak!

6. Angelwngs

Angelwngs Member

JR says: "That I know of. We were in a relatively small town, uh, we had a relatively large business, so we were fairly visible. So I don’t know."

~~~
    "A relatively large business"??? They previously said that they had a small business!

Then he explains that JBR did many other things other than pagents, such as rock climbing, violin, etc.

In DOI it says PR signed her up for rock climbing classes after JBR scampered up a rock wall upon her first visit to see the place but it never says she lived long enough to take the classes.

No wonder Natalie Holloway's mom ran as fast as she could away from this LSOS!

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Actually, put that way, I admit I could be wrong about Oprah IN THIS INSTANCE. I suppose I let my negative feelings about Oprah color my judgment, and since I didn't watch the show, I certainly don't have the grounds to judge what happened on the show.

And, so....I bow to your judgment on this, KK. Hurrah for Oprah if she scored a couple of points with Ramsey, but she doesn't know diddly about DNA and she took Lacy's word that the DNA exonerated Ramsey without questioning it, herself.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Oprah's huge ego turns me off..

8. koldkase

Good catch. Patsy and John both can be seen in various interviews pausing and stumbling with "cues" when they come to a lie they're telling. If you read the part of Patsy's interview in which I tracked some of her speech patterns, indicating deception IMO, on the "20/20" thread, you'll see what I mean.

I agree John stumbled because he not only knew no one was sleeping, but that JonBenet was NOT "taken" from her bed by an intruder as he stated right after his "stumble".

9. koldkase

WY, I understand your feelings, but one has to keep one's eye on the goal and not get distracted. It wasn't ABOUT Oprah for me. It wasn't about John, either, because I could never see him again and that would be a good thing. It was about JonBenet, and John and possibly Burke are the two remaining people who know the truth about the murder of JonBenet that night. So I watched. And voila: John dropped his guard for a few moments in his attempt to sound like he has done anything proactive for crime victims, and what he knows about the murder but won't admit slipped out, as I see it.

If you watch police interrogations of suspects, they seldom get the "big confession" in real life from truly clever and educated criminals. What they get are slip-ups, in increments, where the subconscious has a brief appearance and out pops the truth in an oblique or indirect reference or detail. That's what happened with John on Oprah, IMO.

John let his knowledge of the truth about the murder of JonBenet slip out in his reference to the repetition of crimes by "premeditated criminals". He put a slight EMPHASIS and INFLECTION on the words "premeditated criminals"...it was a moment frozen in time for me. There he was, making this statement in which he said, with body language and words, as I saw it:

Well, that's what I saw, and it won't mean anything to the case or maybe to anyone but me, but that part of the puzzle is in place for me. At least in John's rationalization of what happened that night, it was an "accident" or "spontaneous" act of violence, not premeditated to kill JonBenet. So someone in the home that night got angry and JonBenet died, and John knows it, IMO.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

John, ya slip-p-p-ped.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The anonymous transcriber of the Oprah show sent this to me and gave me permission to post it here at FFJ.

They said:

"John Ramsey only cares about keeping his family out of the clear and not justice for his daughter. It doesn't matter who he and his Team have to take down and ruin to hide the truth. Just sickening. It's amazing how this new DNA evidence gives the Rams a free pass on how Patsy's red sweater fibers got on the tape (on JBR's mouth), John's sweater fibers in JBR's new panties, the ransom note...

"If JR is correct about his statement in Oprah yesterday, that the killer is not only going to do this once, and that he'll show up again...if that sick MoFo killer is really that sick, he would have done it again and not be sitting in a corner of a dark basement playing with his winkie waiting for his next victim. Mr. Sicko would be out in the world stalking his next victim, which he would have gotten already.

"Look at JMK, he just loves young naive women. He can't help himself. Even with the whole Thailand issue and Mary Lacy bringing him to CO, he still found a poor helpless, dumb fawn to hook up with. Victims are not hard to find.

"So John wants me to believe that that the killer of his daughter is incredibly deranged and evil...if that's true, is that person going to lay dormant for 12 years? Heck no!

"For example, I loooove chocolate...especially dark chocolate. It's my weakness. Try and put some chocolate in front of me and expect me not to touch it. Not going to happen, I'm going to be all over it. Currently, it makes me sick because my gall bladder is bad. But I still can't resist. I just eat less, so I don't get 'as' sick. Why not avoid chocolate so I don't have any level of sickness? Because chocolate to me is like young gals to JMK. So if the real killer is as John paints it...would the "evil" killer really be able to lay off the chocolate for 12 years?"

12. Karen

Karen Member

[QUOTE=Barbara;169651]Okay, so I missed the show, but DVR'd it to watch later when I came home

I use my DVR all the time, NEVER a problem. I came home, put it on and despite my best efforts, it was a blank screen. IT DID NOT RECORD :eek:
    Spooked me, but I taped it again later that evening when it comes on as a repeat on a different channel, so I'll actually TRY to watch it later. Having read the transcript though, the one thing that stands out in addition to his usual BS was the once again, me,me,me,Patsy, Patsy, Patsy

When asked what we could do by Oprah, his response COULD have been something, ANYTHING, that dealt with how to PROTECT our children, OR..how about asking for donations to REAL children's charities, or just about anything that would show he cared about children

One would also have thought, given that he had a general idea (I'm sure) of what would be asked that he would have made it a point to bring some of the pictures or videos that he spoke of, showing JBR doing the "normal" things that Oprah asked about.

After all these years, KNOWING that the public ONLY knows JBR based on the tarted up videos of her shown over and over again, that he would have used an opportunity ON THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW to drive home the point that she was an average kid, like he claims with the videos and pictures of her doing all the things he spoke of.

When someone famous speaks, usually something positive comes from it

As always, HE talks, nothing worthwhile comes out, and nobody is ever better for having heard John Ramsey (or any Ramsey) speak![/QUOTE]

Barbara just FYI, mine does this too sometimes, but when it does I go up (or down) a channel and click on it and let that channel play for a second then go back to what I recorded and it kind of resets it and it plays. Hope this helped. Try it again and let me know if it worked for you, ok?

13. Little

Little Member

Thank you to a poster on another forum for providing this:

Source: http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20080826_tows_ramsey

Air Date: September 10, 2008
    ABC

skip:

skip:

skip:

(My comment here, this is the one that has me thinking that the old boy is going to run for office again - AS IF he's ever given a thought about victims and victims rights!! )

Attached Files:

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Sickening.
    And what was up with the questions? Only ONE person was able to ask a question. No one was able to call in??? And that question, of all that could have been asked, was totally useless.

15. koldkase

No it wasn't, DeeDee. That question caused John to repeat their BS about how the pageants were no big deal, how JonBenet had taken violin and piano and rock climbing lessons--and we all know what a load of crap that is. It also caused Oprah to bring up the question of there being NO video of JonBenet doing all those "normal" activities. John just made excuses and looked pretty transparent.

And this all led to Oprah telling us of her little "observation of John" when JonBenet's pageant video was playing pre-air and John looked away. Hello? John didn't even deny it. He made a lame excuse about being upset when she was called a pageant queen or some such, but he'd just said it was no big deal, so that made no sense.

His entire appearance was so empty he almost came across as silly for even being there. Why was he there? NOT TO FIND A CHILD KILLING INTRUDER, that was clear.

Only really stupid people fall for the Ramsey scam, IMO. And I mean SCARY stupid! :cold:

16. koldkase

We vote them into office, so we get the leaders we deserve. If Michigan wants John Ramsey as a leader, then they deserve him.

As for Aunt Pam, I guess she's convinced the Whites did it, from what she said. Now we know who in the RST has been planting those red herrings among the brain damaged all this time, don't we?

Is it possible to collect a group of more ignorant people than the RST has? Smit, Lacy, Tracey, jams, Aunt Pam, mame, Ollie, the gang of whackadoodles led by Nancy Krebs and PERV Karr--the list is endless.... The RST has cornered the market for ignorance.

17. Karen

Karen Member

IMO the comment about the blue dress just speaks to Patsys vanity. Oprah said, and John agreed, that blue looks good on camera. THAT is what was concerning her all these years. I can tell you without a doubt that if my childs killer had finally been arrested the LAST thing I would be thinking of is how I looked on camera. I'm sure I would look a mess and you know what? I wouldn't give a damn.

18. Barbara

I'll try that. Thank you very much

19. Barbara

no! :no:

20. koldkase

I agree. Nothing that comes from the Ramseys ever is about justice for JonBenet, about FINDING the killer, ABOUT JONBENET. It's always just Patsy and John and their desperate attempts to APPEAR to be innocent, to LOOK good on camera, STAGING themselves as "victims". Good thing Oprah PUSHED the ADVOCACY issue on camera and REMINDED John he MIGHT use the air time to do more than BROADCAST THAT SILLY SMILE ON HIS FACE.

Like I said, watching John on Oprah, who can imagine John Ramsey's child was murdered IN HIS HOME WHILE HE WAS THERE and the killer has NEVER been found? Mark Klaas at least saw justice for Polly when her killer was put on death row, but Klaas never looks on TV like he's just having the BEST LIFE EVER! That's what John looks like to me in that picture posted here: Hey, I'M HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE! It's so inappropriate. And why is he grinning like the Cheshire Cat? He's on TV advocating for HIS MURDERED DAUGHTER, isn't he? Guess not.

We see parents of victims all the time and they are ON POINT when they get that INVALUABLE air time, getting out the info they want to push to catch criminals and get justice! John forgot about that old intruder altogether. Again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice