JonBenet's Skull Fractures: The Weapon

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by otg, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

No TANTIES!??!! But that's my specialty! :viking:

And you're the one who taught me all I know!

2. heymom

heymom Member

That could help explain how that much force could be applied to her skull yet the scalp was not lacerated in the process. I will check and see what kind of putter we have.

Edit: Yes, I have one of that style of putter. Bear in mind it's a left-handed putter, so the "wound" to the cantaloupe will be backwards, but it should prove edifying anyway.

3. Elle

Elle Member

OM4U,

This is the problem I have when it comes to thinking it may have been a golf club - the actual swinging "down" motion troubles me! I feel this would be very awkward.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

As the young people say, I feel you, heymom.

All the years I've spent doing whatever it is we do, my hubs has no interest whatsoever in any of it. For many years I seldom even mentioned to him anything about it. Even now if I get excited about something and speak of it, his eyes glaze over and he is off in his own world within seconds.

Poor guys.

5. koldkase

Oh, yeah...forgot about that.

Thanks for reminding me. :rs:

6. koldkase

Edifying?! Have you been watching the Jodi Arias murder trial?!

I swear, that "bunny boiler", as they call her on TV, makes me think of Patsy. I'm sure those two will be BFFs in Hell. (Best Friends Forever...yeah, I can do it, too!)

7. BOESP

BOESP Member

This might be of interest:

"For example, a thin metal pipe striking some part of the body would be expected to inflict greater localized injuries than a broad board of similar mass and velocity striking the same part of the body. Likewise, an impact on a small area of a curved surface, such as the head, will cause greater damage than would be caused were that same impact to occur on a flat surface, such as the back, since there will be a more concentrated point of impact on the head." (Copied from Forensic Autopsy of Blunt Force Trauma http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1680107-overview)

As someone stated above, something clicked while reading the recent posts in this thread. If JonBenet was struck with the head of the golf club and the shaft landed horizontally along the top of the head it could explain the linear fracture. In essence, that might provide the pressure needed to create the fracture (pressure from the golf club shaft).

I haven't quite come to an acceptable position for JonBenet to have been in and what position the possible attacker could be in but at least I am considering the golf club (or a baseball bat, or the Maglite). But I'm still considering her head made contact with something too.

There is so much discrepancy between Kolar and Thomas's speculations and without seeing all the evidence I just don't see the public can decide which version is most likely to be correct. The Grand Jury stated child abuse resulting in death, which could also mean the parents allowed JonBenet to be put in a precarious position but didn't actually do the direct and immediate harm to her. Frankly, I can't see that but, again, I've not seen the evidence.

8. koldkase

I actually spent HOURS looking for used golf clubs from 1996 or earlier yesterday--there must have been only about 10 THOUSAND brands, models, etc., so please join in this search, anyone!

Finally I opted for something that looked like the comminuted fracture shape OTG outlined for us...and that is brilliant work, otg. All these years we've been misled by that glistening, dark tissue over the fracture...I swear, if Boulder LE had ONE THOUSANDTH the determination of people on these forums to solve this case through evidence, it would have been over long before Patsy died and could no longer be held accountable for what she did.

But I digress....

So after finding a putter that "fit" and doing the mock-up pictures, I then went into my old files looking for pictures where I might have missed golf clubs in the home. That's when I found the NE photo of JR's clubs: actually, it was half a photo on the bottom of the page of pictures I'd worked with of boxes in the basement with duct tape on them. So I grabbed my NE book and scanned it again for the one of the golf bags.

As bad as my reproduction scans and enlargements are, I find that one putter I circled a possibility. It has a "curve" of the foot, though I'm not sure that shows up in the blurred photos I was able to post.

The thing is--where did that photo come from, anyway? Clearly the golf bags were moved from the original position in the basement hallway to photograph side by side. Also, if you notice the hallway photo bag on the right has a couple of "woods" with covers--at least, I think it's called "woods", but it's been many years since my short adventures in golfing experience.

So who stood those together, took the covers off those two clubs and stood them between the bags, and took that photo? And how did the NE get it?

And oh, how I wish we had better copies of those pictures to work from.

But it makes me think that LE had to take the pics--who else would have? Team Ramsey? I doubt they were looking to prove JR's golf clubs were used by some intruder to kill his daughter that night.

If LE did this, then it must have been after the autopsy on Dec. 27th, because until autopsy LE didn't know about the head injury.

And on Dec. 27th, LE collected several golf clubs, according to the search warrant, which I posted, if you noticed.

So can we deduce that by Dec. 27th, LE was at least considering golf clubs as the weapon used to bludgeon the child?

They also collected bats and a "flashlight" on that day, as well, so obviously they were looking for something the medical examiner must have mentioned as a possible weapon?

Thoughts?

9. koldkase

OMG.

Reading my last post for errors and clarity, I've had another epiphany.

Okay, it's not new, but it's one critical piece in which the ligature strangulation--the OVERKILL--makes more sense.

I wrote:
    Of course they weren't interested in proving JR's golf clubs were used to bludgeon JonBenet.

And as we know, until the autopsy the next day, LE had no idea there WAS a head injury.

JR tried to get his remaining family out of Boulder long before that, didn't he? His call to his pilot was intercepted by LE, though, and that blew that plan.

So the Ramseys were trying to get themselves out of the hands of Boulder LE before the AUTOPSY revealed that HEAD INJURY--which was the BEGINNING of assaults on JonBenet.

So covering up that bludgeon was THE REASON for the OBVIOUS ligature strangulation: so LE would see that, think that's what killed her--which it did, of course, but also would prevent LE from looking for what WOULD HAVE BEEN the cause of death had there been NO LIGATURE STRANGULATION.

I'm thinking it through: if there WERE no ligature strangulation, what would have happened once the body was "discovered"--by LE or a family friend invited over for the kidnap party?

No obvious cause of death, as the head injury was no visible; LE is immediately going to be looking for what DID kill her.

Without that ransom note, without that ligature around her neck, who else is LE going to suspect?

They're going to start asking questions, taking all three family to the police dept.

Once they would find evidence of prior sexual assault, the Ramseys would have no "Intruders" to blame.

Now, I know you're thinking, Hello? This ain't news!

Of course, it's not. It's just how my old brain works.

And right now, it's thinking that Patsy and JR BOTH strangled "that child" to cover up the head bludgeoning.

If Burke was the one who did that, why bother, we always ask. He was a minor--no crime.

But someone was sexually assaulting JB and that was the motivation for not taking her to the ER, as we've speculated many times.

If Burke was the one yielding the blow--or even if it were not him but Patsy or John, and she was also being molested by SOMEONE in the family and the parents knew this, what would happen if they took JB to the ER?

At the very least Burke would have been taken into child care services PDQ.

If an adult were involved in either of the assaults, someone else also might be under arrest soon enough.

So to throw off LE, to get themselves to their lawyers, and hopefully out of the state before Boulder LE could figure out what had actually happened to the child, the parents staged the crime to appear intruders tried to kidnap her first, then strangled her--thus hiding the blow which started the mayhem that night.

But the catalyst for all of it may well have been the sexual molestation taking place for some time. Tension must have been heavy, the family dynamics strained.

So whoever "snapped" that night and struck that blow set into motion all that followed.

Okay, I know this isn't news. I'm only going on about it because I've been putting these pieces together for so long, I've re-worked the evidence so many times, somehow it all fits for me like it has never before.

10. heymom

heymom Member

:blush: Sorry, I try my best to hide it, but sometimes my inner English major just peeks through....

I have no idea who Jodi Arias even is.

11. koldkase

I did say I understand people have their own theories and I don't expect anyone to see or think the same as I, so no worries.

I will bring up one thing I've yet to address in this "golf putter as weapon" theory I'm exploring: from my short experience learning to play golf back when I was still young enough to walk a course, I learned a common "grip" used to hold the club. Anyone who has played can tell you about it.

It involves folding the palm of one hand over the extended finger or thumb of the other on the upper shaft grip. Sorry I can't remember which, but we can look that up, though I don't have time right now.

The thing is that grip would mean anyone holding a club like that to "put" would also have a stronger hold on it, and it doesn't lend itself to turning or having the club rotate during a stroke involuntarily--which is why it's devised like that, I assume.

So if someone were practice putting, for example, with that grip, then in a momentary flash of anger raised it to strike someone or something, I'm thinking the club would still face the same way it would if the golfer were in fact still aiming to hit the ball--facing in that same direction.

If my thinking makes sense, that would put a putter's "face" in a position to strike the skull in exactly the same way the comminuted fracture is outlined.

I hope I've explained that so you can understand. Hope to have time later to look up examples on the net, unless someone else wants to go ahead with that before I get back.

Let me reiterate: I have no expectations of anyone agreeing with any of this. It's all theory, and I've changed mine many times, when I've even had one I claimed. :blush:

12. heymom

heymom Member

OK, so both my sons asked what the putter was doing in the kitchen and STUPID ME, I told them...Now the younger one wants me to buy HIM a cantaloupe so he can practice with his Samurai sword. Not happening. I'm going to have to wait until next week when they go back to college, or just throw away the cantaloupes when I finish whacking them with the putter.

Why can't I learn to LIE???

:tsktsk:

I guess for some of us, that just doesn't come naturally.

13. BOESP

BOESP Member

ROFL~~just wait until he is sixteen. :curse:

14. koldkase

Clearly you haven't earned your Certificate from the Patsy Ramsey School of Art...ful Lying.

On the other hand...YOU VICIOUS CANTALOUPE WHACKER, YOU!

You've clearly earned your FFJ Pro Cutlass and I'm proud to call you a fellow...PYRATE!

Attached Files:

15. BOESP

BOESP Member

And I win the DUNCE AWARD! I didn't read far enough because I was laughing so hard. Your boys are in college! :duh: :wave:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  16. Cherokee

Ha ha ha, Heymom, so busted! :floor:

17. Cherokee

VICIOUS CANTALOUPE WHACKERS?! Here at FFJ?!! What IS this Guttah coming to? :eek:

18. Elle

Elle Member

heymom!

I think you will be carted off by the cops for bashing a cantaloupe in your kitchen! [​IMG]

19. koldkase

Oh, I didn't realize you are currently living on another planet and have missed the non-stop, TV true crime talk-fest every day and night about the murder trial of Jodi Arias in Arizona.

In fact, I didn't know myself until she did something really unique at her trial: she took the stand to explain why she changed her story repeatedly for 4 years about murdering her ex-boyfriend...and incidentally, she NOW claims it was self-defense.

Jodi has been on the witness stand for three weeks now; this week will be her fourth. She loves talking. And talking and talking and talking. She also likes to use--and misuse--words like "edifying." It's bizarre in the context of what she's saying at the time.

But save yourself and don't go there, if you haven't by now. It's another endless pit of evil that only makes me reach for the brain bleach every time I think about it.

Suffice it to say that Patsy Ramsey has competition when it comes to lying about a stone cold brutal murder.

20. koldkase

We're on the Travel Warning list of places for fruits to avoid. Also eggs. :hen::unreal:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice