Lacy - how DID she get there ?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kangatruth, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

The essentials of this question may have been covered at various times in different threads.. but I'd like to ask it here..

How did Lacy get that job ?

It strikes me that DA Lacy does a vry good job of imitating a puppet, muppet even, that she struggles to put two sentences together coherently and in all probablility wears velcro style sneakers as shoelaces are most likely beyond her limited abilities.

Yet... she holds the office of DA!! This is either a wonderfully evident example of the Peter Principle..or even this has far more to it than meets the eye.

How did she get this job ?..Who backed her? What/Who's money bankrolled her into this job.. albeitly not a major investment as say running for Congress.. but she seems so inept I doubt she could budget her weekly shopping..someone is behind this.

And if this IS the case, then to whose benefit is it...this may contain a valuable trail ( or may not !! lol )

She has played her part in the parody of justice very well.

From all the way over here I am amazed she hasnt been given a free ticket outta town!!.

So how did she get there ? curious

2. tylin

tylin Banned

Here's a little info "all about Mary". You may want to googlesearch if you desire more info. ;)

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/da/

Mary Lacy - Boulder District Attorney

On Behalf of District Attorney Mary Lacy, Welcome to the Boulder District Attorney Home Page.
    SNIP
    As the elected District Attorney for the Twentieth Judicial District, Ms. Lacy oversees an office of prosecutors and staff dedicated to serving the people of Boulder County, Colorado.

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/da/bio.htm

3. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

I understand her credentials ( sic ) .. but if she were a car...I dont get the path or fuel that go her there.

For a person who advocates so dearly about crimes against kids her JBR stance is comiucal if not hypocritical.

My original enquiry was ...you seldom get into public office at a higher level withoutt help.. in many instances its of a heartfelt and wholesome variety. Sometimes...theres a back story..

Im interested in the back story.

4. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

LOL, I wondered how long it was going to take for somebody to ask that question. I watched her in those videos of, ah, ah, ah I guess that was a press conference and I kept scratching my head asking myself, "How did she get that job!"

I mean, just think, she gets PAID for doing that !!

5. tylin

tylin Banned

I don't know what I find more appalling, the fact that she gets paid or the fact that she was elected.

6. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

People in Boulder don't like to rock the boat. They had all those years of favorable plea bargains thanks to Alex Hunter and simply wanted more of the same from Hunter's girl friday.

Boulder County residents firmly believe "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

More like...'if it IS broke, don't fix it'.

Mary ought to have put in her resume she doesn't do child murders...nor read the victims autopsy report or understand basic 'search and seizure' laws....she relies on the 'wanna be famous' Tracey's bullchit...I'm surprised Lacy doesn't have Ms Cleo on her staff.

John Ramsey owns the Boulder DA's office!!!! I think the people of Boulder elected Ramsey.

8. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

The Strange Boulder Theosophical Culture knows it's own. Lacy speaks Boulder Speak. BS is contentless, feel good, thinly disguised superioristic, overtoned with misanthropism double talk. The unofficial national anthem of Boulder is Joni Mitchell's Woodstock. "We have to get back to The Garden" is the pursuit of every member of The Culture. The result is a "Shangri La" of the mind. All you have to do to go far in Boulder is talk BS as if you believe it is real. You can become a professor at CU or DA or Police Chief or ... :nuts:

9. wombat

wombat Member

When I saw Lacy at the first Karr press conference, I got how she became the DA in a place like Boulder. She was very magnanimous, making sure she distributed the credit for the arrest to all involved, and keeping none for herself. She was very feminine, to a fault (I am a feminist girl so don't yell at me about that).

At the second press conference she continued this display. When she started out with the phone call from the angry constituent in Longmont, that was to deflect any criticism of her by others, by owning it ahead of time. She wouldn't think of it as that strategy, instead, she would think that is explaining to everyone how she feels about everything, because feeling is an important consideration.

I have seen this before in women professionals - they can't sally forth to battle, and instead nurture. Of course, it takes all kinds, and women can be successful in men's worlds (as I am, brag brag) but sometimes you have to have a near-militaristic mentality. I have counseled women like Lacy to take assertiveness training.

Except in Boulder, the people didn't think they needed a DA, but some kind of referee/counselor to resolve the minor crimes that people imagined would occur. Alex Hunter was no different - everything was plea-bargained.

What happens in instances where a someone like this is in charge, in my experience, is that money and power interests take over. It happens all the time in competitive business, like construction, and ESPECIALLY in politics.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

One of the most dysfunctional families I ever encountered had a policy of not recognising their obvious problems. The father was an alcoholic but they never acknowledged that despite the fact that it was so obvious! It was all superficial happy family stuff. When he lost yet another job for his drinking and timekeeping, the family would spin some yarn about it being the fault of someone else in the company who was difficult to work with.

Yeegads. I'm all for positive reinforcement but I do think Mary Lacy was spin doctoring. Everytime she started a response with "you know....." a spin followed.

11. heymom

heymom Member

Hear, hear!!! :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :headbang: :headbang:

Nice summary of Boulder.:bow:

Frightening to think that people this screwed up can vote.

Heymom

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Like the other posters have said, you'd have to understand the New Age, feel-good, "love the one you're with," and pass the bong atmosphere of Boulder to understand why Lacy was elected in the first place AND why there has been no outrage at her performace from that community.

After Lacy's first press conference, I was mortified. I wondered how she ever passed a bar exam ... actually, I wondered how she'd gotten a law degree to begin with. After Lacy's second press conference, I was horrified. The woman was all about feelings, and she reminded me of a pre-school teacher talking to her class about not accepting candy from strangers. Every word that came out of Lacy's mouth confirmed my suspicions. Lacy is the worst excuse for a DA I've ever seen. She has NO business being anywhere around law enforcement, much less in charge of a prosecutor's office.

So, you're question is very valid. Obviously, it takes money and powerful backing to win an election. Who backed Lacy? Who had a stake in electing a woman who would not be a threat in the DA's office, and who would plea-bargain every case? Who needed a person who relied on bad advice from others instead of case evidence, critical thinking skills and logic? Who wanted someone they could manipulate with feelings, not facts?

Answer: Defense attorneys and others with a stake in keeping Boulder a place where people associated with the City Council can brag about their drug habits online, and private citizens can run investigations for the DA's office.

No one in Boulder wants a DA who will clean up the place and actually prosecute cases. That would disturb the vibes, the feng shui, the yin and yang, the existential harmony of the state of mind known as Boulder.

Don't rock the boat is right. Don't even STAND UP in the boat, for goodness sake. Boulder might get thrown into the real world, and then what would they do? That would be a bummer, man.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  13. wombat

wombat Member

BWAH!!! Hey, aren't bongs ILLEGAL!!!
    And the stuff that goes in them?

I need candy after using the bong, man. :beammeup:

14. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

The question has been answered:

"The Peter Principle is a colloquial principle of hierarchiology, stated as "In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence." Formulated by Dr. Laurence J. Peter in his 1968 book of the same name, the Peter principle pertains to the level of competence of the human resources in a hierarchical organization. The principle explains the upward, downward, and lateral movement of personnel within a hierarchically organized system of ranks."
    (end quote)

The Peter Principle is particularly prevalent in politics.
    Political appointees and\or manipulated elections are par for the
    course. I once watched a totally unqualified political appointee
    set in a position in the highway department of a certain state
    that wrecked operations and caused cost overruns out of this
    world. Nothing was done about it because he was “the governor’s
    man.â€

15. Elle

Elle Member

Just not another position available for D.A. Lacy, Delmar.

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"How did Lacy get that job ?"

Because Boulder DA elections are more like successions when the king abdicates.

Here's an idea: this one's pretty much done in. We need to start getting ready for the NEXT one! More aptly, figuring out how to get someone WORTHY into that position!

17. wombat

wombat Member

Love your ransom note alliteration in the first sentence, EasyWriter!

I too have seen the Peter Principle in politics and government - like a cancer.

I live and run a business in NJ, enough said.

Lacy's mom/teacher/nurse attitude is what lets her get away with it, and why the power/money interests don't have to worry about her interfering with them.

18. heymom

heymom Member

Not in Boulder, Wombat!!! Remember how Steve Thomas drove through the streets of Boulder with a whole truckload-full of marijuana plants, and he was cheered and told, "You go, man!" the whole time? You could probably do the same thing nowdays with a meth lab in your pick-up and never get pullled over.

I like Kit-Kats, you want some??? :headbang:

Heymom

19. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Here's an interesting article about the election.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0508das7.shtml

JonBenet's unsolved death already playing part in race

By Kevin McCullen
    Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOULDER — The JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation is already playing a part in the increasingly testy campaign for Boulder County district attorney.

One of the Democratic candidates bidding to replace retiring Alex Hunter as Boulder district attorney last week embraced the Ramsey case in his campaign.

Boulder attorney Ben Thompson, who is trying to petition his way onto the August primary ballot, boldly claimed he would make an arrest in January if he's elected the top prosecutor. The county has not seen a contested district attorney's race since Hunter's election in 1972.

Democratic candidates and veteran prosecutors Mary Keenan and Trip DeMuth have declared the case no more important than most of the other unsolved felony crimes in the county. DeMuth said the Ramsey case rarely is mentioned by "the Joe Q. voter that I've met, and I've talked with over 1,000 people."

But the lone Republican in the race, Boulder attorney Dave Sanderson, said he believes the handling of the 41-month-old murder investigation is indicative of how the district attorney's office has operated. Sanderson contends there would be no meaningful change if Keenan or DeMuth were elected.

There have been no arrests in the December 1996 murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, whose body was found in her parent's basement. The investigation of her death has cost the city and county more than $2 million, ended several careers and has become "part of the culture of Boulder," said attorney Stan Garnett, president of the Boulder Valley school board.

The election to succeed Hunter will be the most watched in an otherwise light Boulder County ballot. Sanderson said he's twice appeared as a guest on CNN, "which tells you the kind of interest this race has nationally."

Candidates are preparing for what also promises to be the most expensive district attorney's race in county history. Keenan, the sex-crimes prosecutor in the district attorney's office, has raised far more money than anyone else since announcing her candidacy in December. She has collected more than $52,000, while DeMuth, who announced in March, has raised about $29,000.

Thompson, who practices real estate and probate law and was the first candidate to announce last year, raised more than $13,000. Sanderson, with no primary opponent, listed just over $10,500 in contributions.

Saturday, Keenan won top billing for the August primary, with DeMuth getting enough votes in the county assembly to ensure a spot on the ballot.

"I don't think the case itself is going to be a primary issue for voters, but I think there will be issues surrounding the case in terms of the structure, policies and procedures of the DA's office," said Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, who has overseen the Ramsey investigation since October 1997.

"I think those are questions people might ask: Will it be business as usual?" said Beckner, who is forbidden by city rules from publicly endorsing a candidate.

Garnett, who has said he someday might run for district attorney, also has not endorsed anyone.

"The Ramsey case is a cloud that will hang over the election," Garnett said. "I don't think it is the overriding issue, because people primarily will be looking for how professionally a new DA will handle issues. My sense is voters want to see people prosecuted for crimes, but they don't want to see reckless decisions or playing to a mob in any case."

Thompson and Sanderson are portraying themselves as outsiders who would bring new eyes to the office, although Sanderson distanced himself from Thompson's declaration that he "has no doubt who killed JonBenet."

"The Ramsey case speaks volumes of how that office does business," Sanderson said. "It is symptomatic of the problems. This race will boil down to the question: Do Boulder County voters want change in the way that office runs?"

Keenan, who has pledged to conduct more trials and do fewer plea bargains, said she doesn't believe the Ramsey investigation will be paramount for voters.

"When and if there is enough evidence to prosecute anyone, we'd do it. We all hope there is. We all hope there are arrests and successful prosecutions in our other unsolved cases," Keenan said.

DeMuth, who was assigned to the Ramsey investigation from December 1996 until August 1998, said he's rarely heard about the case while campaigning.

"The question I'm hearing from the Joe Q. voter I've met is how justice is sought in Boulder County. I hear about racial profiling, or how we handle all the other kinds of cases that come before us," DeMuth said.

Contact Kevin McCullen at (303) 442-8729 or mccullenk@RockyMountainNews.com.

20. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

And so, all the Joe Q's of Boulder share blame for the state of the Ramsey case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice