LACY press conference - Tuesday - August 29, 2006

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Don't you know it's illegal to discriminate?

2. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

3. heymom

heymom Member

On that, we totally agree. It makes me sick to my stomach that this kind of person is in that kind of position.

Didja ever feel like you are living in a foreign, corrupt country???

Heymom

4. heymom

heymom Member

Oh, thank you, Jayelles!!! That was funny. I haven't felt like laughing much all day.

Heymom

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

So.......now where were we???????????

6. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

I just visited the WUSA site ... where Paula Woodward covers the Ramsey case. I was hoping to find video of today's Lacy press soiree. Lo and behold ... NO video ... and not a single word of text on the subject!!! Here's their homepage:

http://www.wusatv9.com/

Peter Boyles is right about Woodward and WUSA ... they are nothing but apologists for Lacy, Tracey, and the Ramseys. Pathetic!

BTW ... I'm about to post an MSNBC video link of Susan Filan (another Lacy apologist) commenting on the press conference. It'll be on the Video sticky thread in just a minute ... here:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7487

...YumYum

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Shannon--she made him out to be a VICTIMIZED hero, like he risked his career by courageously coming forward.

You know, even on non-Ramsey related forums like Fark.com, people are openly LAUGHING at Lacy. It's almost embarrassing to be following this case right now.

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yeah think of multitude of pubs Tracey will have to visit, the beers he'll have to guzzle with his cronies....how drunk he must get to come up with a new suspect.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I needed a cocktail after that press conference. Damn these stomach cramps.

10. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

What We Learned From Lacy's 8/29/06 Press Conference

Straight from the horses mouth-- what we knew all along but was denied by The Ramsey Spin Team.

1. They seriously investigated (both the police and D.A.) over 200 suspects.

This is in direct contradiction to Lin Wood's claims that the police only focused on the family.

2. Mary Lacy admits that Michael Tracey had some "baggage".

3. Tom Bennett gets massive amounts of tips and they have a system to file them by how many other times this person has sent in tips. It sounds like they
    get numerous tips by certain individuals that they don't deem very credible.

4. The DNA under the nails is insignificant, and was possibly contaminated in the lab, in direct contrast to the many statements by Mame, who claimed she had inside sources who told her there was plenty of defensive flesh under the fingernails.

5. And most important...the Ramseys are NOT EXONERATED!!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  11. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

6. The DNA could be an artifact and not from the killer.

12. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

7. Her probable cause was based solely on the inconsistent stories of JMK which were largely not consistent with the facts of the murder.

8. Lacy would do it all again.

13. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Lacy looks at suspects on the word of John suspect Ramsey and friends.

14. Show Me

3. Tom Bennett gets massive amounts of tips and they have a system to file them by how many other times this person has sent in tips. It sounds like they
    get numerous tips by certain individuals that they don't deem very credible.

Jams..............

15. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Eeeeeeeew you reckon those thawed panties are sitting in a file cabinet right now?

16. amster

amster Member

Tracey is a confidential informant of the DAs office....and his life was in danger

17. Show Me

Nah...in the freezer....I suppose Jams has them back again....and ebay is not shut down.

18. Tril

Tril Member

We learned that Gov. Owens called Lacy last night. He "understands" now, so Lacy is in no danger of losing her job.

19. RAMP

RAMP Member

I posted this in another thread, and it pretty much expresses some things I got from watching the news conference:

They got four samples in Thailand, taken surreptitiously, without the suspect's cooperation, or even knowledge - from swabbing a bike he had just ridden, and picking up a cup and napkin he had used, etc.

The samples did not match the DNA from JB's underwear.

BUT the DA's office said that, since these samples might have been mixed (someone else might have touched the bike or cup), they couldn't be tested accurately against the DNA from JB. SO, they brought him all the way back to the US and swabbed his cheek.

And then they found out that, even when the sample is pristine, Karr's DNA doesn't match the very limited profile (only 10 markers) that was obtained from JB's underwear (that might also be "mixed" - it was a small and degraded sample).

The part that really got to me is this:

Karr's lawyers and the DA's office had a meeting set for Monday morning. The DA's office got the results early, though - I think it was Saturday night. Did they tell Karr and his lawyers the results?

NO, they told John Ramsey (because he had "gotten his hopes up" that they had finally found someone on which to pin the murder) and Tracey (because he had been so involved in this whole investgation [and grooming?] of Karr while researching his next money-making JB documentary) because these two grown men basically had to be let down easily and have time to adjust to this new information. A day or more before Karr and his lawyers were told the test results!

So, well before the accused was given his test results, the Boulder DA's office passed this information on to another suspect (JR) and someone who has made money from accusing innocent people (Tracey)!

And then, at the already-scheduled Monday meeting, they gave the news to the person it really effected the most, Karr and his attorneys.

20. Ginja

Ginja Member

I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard this admission.

Now all that needs to be done is to clue her in on other "intruder evidence" that's already been identified by the BPD as belonging to family members!

I was also shocked to hear her talk about some of the "facts" of the case that Karr brought out that she/BDA didn't know!, e.g., the bracelet JonBenet wore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice