LACY press conference - Tuesday - August 29, 2006

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Aug 29, 2006.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

What we learned:

Mary Keenan-Lacy worships the ground Michael Tracey walks on. She gushed over him like a schoolgirl in love.

Lacy is a 51-50. (That's what Steve Thomas called Karr tonight. I guess it's coptalk for nutso, bananas, fruitloop, etc.)

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Lurker, that's was pretty evident. Apparently, Tracey has got her snowed. Of course, with Lacy, that doesn't take much. The Ramseys were able to do it with one hand loosely tied around their wrists.

3. boogiebear

boogiebear Member

Help, am I imagining things?

After searching everywhere I finally found a few lines about extradition hearing back to Sonoma. I remember the link to channel 9, someone kindly put on this message board yesterday.

http://9news.com
    I found the info about the hearing and further down I noticed a few statements about Mary Lacy. Now I only have an IQ of about 165, so I know I am not as smart as DA Lacy but a few things she said, as reported in the article, did not correspond to what I remembered from the last few days. If anyone also remembers any of this, please tell me, so that I know I have not been hallucinating.
    As quoted from the article
    1.)"Lacy said, "We were not able to establish that he was in Boulder but we were not able to establish that he was not in Boulder."
    Karr's ex-wife, who was interviewed for several hours according to Lacy, could not state that Karr was with her on the night of the murder."

Now I kept hearing from her, her lawyer, his brother, his father that they all knew without a doubt that he was with them. They (the family) could not afford a pot to pee in, much less a airplane/bus/train ticket from the deep south to Boulder. I saw them on CNN, MSNBC, Headline News, ABC, and probably some other station I am leaving out.

2.)Additionally, First Assistant District Attorney Peter Maguire said Mark Spray, the investigator in Thailand, asked Karr on several occasions for a saliva sample but Karr would not consent. Maguire continued to say that during a brief meeting between Spray and Karr, Karr agreed to a saliva sample but Spray did not have the DNA kit with him at that time.

I was under the impression that if you "yank" a few hairs out of his head, or get him to spit on a kleenex, or blow his nose, lick a straw, suck an eraser on a pencil, rub a handkerchief on his arm to get dead skin cells, etc etc etc, that all of that would provide excellent dna, and even if the markers at the end of the hair were lost the rest would provide mitochondrial DNA, which would be enough to rule him out, if not a positive match.
    I could go on with other stupid stuff in that article, supposibly said by DA Lacy but those two statements really got to me. Granted I did not have any information about Lacy before Karr being picked up overseas, but now I feel I know too much. Can a DA be impeached by the general population?
    :lamb:

4. tylin

tylin Banned

And this is different from the Ramsey's, how?????

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Boogiebear, as for the ex-wife who changed her story once the press and reality hit, here's how I figure it:

Her lawyer was on TV yesterday after the "DNA no match" news broke. He said she had mixed feelings, because NOW that Karr has been out of her and her sons' lives for five years, she doesn't want him back IN their lives. But here he is, not only back, but about to be transported to Sonoma, where I guess is not far from where she now lives. When he gets out, he can certainly try to get to see his sons again. Someone said...gossip, don't know...that Karr had not lost visitation with this sons, but he only had supervised visitation. I believe his oldest is now 19, I heard...again, not sure. So he can reestablish a relationship with Karr if he chooses.

It seems to have been a very bitter divorce. With Karr acting like a real nut and all that stuff about the sex change coming out...I'm guessing she changed her story because she WANTED him to be convicted, as that would have taken care of her problem for good.

I can't blame her...except for the JONBENET THING, as Aunt Pam said....

But you're right, the ex-wife did originally say he was with her and no doubt...and then did a 180, apparently, saying she couldn't swear to it in court.

But I think the cops saw with a good defense lawyer, she could be a good defense witness, even against her own wishes, because perjury carries a penalty.

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

And we now have learned that ALL the authorities in CO are brain dead. Figures Owens doesn't want to take his balls out of his sock drawer.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OK, I just saw a sound bite from the press conference, and there was Lacy, answering that question: what did you have other than the emails, WHICH WE ALL COULD HAVE CONCOCTED? Lacy: the bracelet her mother gave her...which was in the autopsy, she hurried to concede in her newfound folly! Uh...and IN ABOUT HALF A DOZEN BOOKs, ON THE INTERNET ALL OVER THE BROADBAND, on TV in about a dozen programs which are repeated all the time.

And then Lacy said something even more astonishing: MUCOUS FROM THE NOSE WAS UNDER THE DUCT TAPE, NOT ON TOP.

Has this woman ever read ANYTHING about this case? How about FORENSICS? How about anyone in her office? Ever wonder how DAs who go to trial actually use evidence to get a conviction? How about WATCH CSI?

Mary, how would the killer know that about mucous under the duct tape? Do you think he was standing there making a schematic of where her nose mucous was going?

How about KARR looked at the AUTOPSY PICTURES YOUR SUPER DICK SMIT SHARED WITH THE WORLD FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS? Ya' think?

Because you can see that mucous in those closeups. You can see where the duct tape was stuck to her face, over her mouth, as well. You can see the saliva and mucous that dried on her faced after it dripped down to her sleeve, face turned to the right.

And even more, Mary, you can see something very important: the duct tape was staged. It had no practical purpose, to put it on AFTER SHE'S ALREADY DROOLING, NOSE RUNNING WITH BLOOD-TINGED MUCOUS, like the autopsy states, like a number of books state. Because she can't scream, can she? Her skull is cracked in half and her neck has been strangled.

Now, Mary, maybe you'd like to ask yourself this: why do you think Karr's explanation for why he put that duct tape on AFTER DEATH didn't wash? You can see he was struggling to make it sound believable. It wasn't. Because THERE IS NO REASON TO PUT DUCT TAPE ON A DEAD PERSON, except to make it APPEAR it was put there to silence her, so her parents wouldn't hear her scream!

But Karr says he put it on her after death...then he veers off to her sweet little lips he loved to kiss...and never does get back to WHY he put that on in any way that makes SENSE....

He was LYING, Mary, and if you or any of your WORLD-CLASS DETECTIVES ever need help figuring out if someone is handing you a load of false confession in this case, we'd be so happy to help, because we...unlike YOU...don't rely on the prime suspects to tell us what to believe, Mary. WE USE THE EVIDENCE to find the truth.

What a joke.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Now we're back to square one Ramp. What a fiasco. I can't understand why they keep chasing this invisible intruder theory. Why can't they concentrate on the actual evidence which leads back to the Ramseys?

WY on this board is very knowledgeable with the DNA, having worked for a DNA expert. I go by what she has to say every time, because I am still trying to understand this DNA business. How lucky we are on this board to have so many intelligent posters working in different fields. To me, it's almost like a second education reading their posts. I can also see we have another bright spark here in yourself. :)

I still think Governor Owens was right in stating it was the most expensive DNA test in US history, or words to that effect (?). However, I believe DA Lacy's job is secure from what I am now reading, so we will be going back to more of the same. Unbelievable! I enjoyed your post.

9. Elle

Elle Member

We have all gone through the scene BB of either husband or wife taking photographs, and realizing later, that one of us is not in the photographs taken at a special birthday or whatever (?). My husband was missing for years, until one of my sons bought me a digital camera, and now I'm the one whose missing. :) I kind of like that because of the advancing years.:)

I think Karr was the one who took the photographs of Lara and his three sons on Christmas day 1996, plus his family reassure the public that he was there, but I think everyone knew but DA Lacy that Karr needed medical attention, and as far as Karr behaving like a pedophile in Thailand, it was up to the Thailand police to arrest him, not DA Lacy. She still cost the US government a lot of $$$ for a DNA test.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by LurkerXIV
    Mary Keenan-Lacy worships the ground Michael Tracey walks on. She gushed over him like a schoolgirl in love.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Oh Cherokee, please, you're making me bowke, puke whatever you call it in the U.S. Ech! Ech! Ech! is all I can come up with when I look at Professor Tracey's rat snivelling face. Ech! I'm a Senior, but I have a lot of life left in me, and the thought of kissing Tracey makes me puke! Ech!

What have I missed Lurker? I didn't see this. Is there a video? On second thoughts. I don't want to ruin my keyboard. :)

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Of course not - the lead suspect died about 10 weeks ago.

Oh, excuse me, let's be politically correct here - the main person "under the umbrella of suspicion."

Sounds like time for a new petition Tricia. One to haul Michael Tracy's interfering :behind: into court for obstruction of justice. Also might be time to start a slush fund for those thrown under the bus by Tracy, the RST, Smit, Wood and yes, even Lacy to sue for slander and liable.

:kmg: :loser: :loser: :loser:

12. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

If Lacy manages to keep her job much less get re-elected after this clusterphuck that will tell the whole world the tale of the city of Boulder because with this latest adventure into Ramsey Spin Land all eyes are upon the wee city of Boulder, Colorado.

:hood:

13. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Welcome to FFJ, Boogiebear! :hiya: Love your avatar.

You have brought up only TWO examples of the inconsistent idiocy of Mary Lacy's statements. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand just how incompetent and stupid the DA and her team of pro-Ramsey UNOFFICIAL investigators are.

Michael Tracey and Lou Smit are private citizens. They are not on the payroll of the BDA or any LE entity. Yet, they were allowed to run rabid with this whole charade (with some helpful prodding by John Ramsey) just because they WANT to find an intruder so badly, they are willing to suspend rational thought, logic, and critical thinking in order to make their wish a reality.

I can't understand why the media does not skewer Lacy et al for being so biased in one direction. The Ramseys have never been exhonerated. And they never will be.

14. LIMAMA

LIMAMA Member

Term Limits

Lacy CANNOT run for re-election due to term limits, and her term expires in 2008.

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Which is why we have to listen to TrippinDaMouth commentate. :devil:

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

There IS a God!

But who will run next time? Hot Teletubby Hunter was bad, we had hopes for Keenan...hoping she didn't belong to the good old boy's club. We were wrong. Will her successor belong as well?

17. RiverRat

Trp DeMuth and his little dog too.......

And we all know what that means.......he supports the Intruder Theory and Mary Suma supports him.

Nuff freaking Said?! :curses: :rage:

18. Niner

Niner Active Member

:floor: :floor: LOL! Good visual there, Barbara!!

oh no! :eek: It must have been at LEAST 13 minutes before Candy...

:floor: I LOVE you guys!! You sure know how to brighten up my day and give me SO MANY laughs last night when I was reading this thread!

THANK YOU!

To ALL of you HERE!

:cheerful:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  19. RiverRat

"Prosecution is not my forte'

Attached Files:

20. RiverRat

"Don't Go There, Pal!"

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice