Mary Lacy Wants To Set A Cold-Blooded Murderer Free Because "It's The Right Thing To Do"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

read entire story here - Source: http://www.timescall.com/News_Story.asp?id=7839

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Good god.

Lacy said:
    Heaven forbid any murderer in Boulder County actually serve a prison sentence without LACY OR HUNTER to coddle him!

I don't have a clue what the citizens of Boulder are doing. They can run through the streets naked and get up in arms because a good family found it objectionable to have its children told by adults at school drugs and sex are a good thing! But let MARY LAZY throw a pity party to release a cold-blooded double murderer from prison after a few years, and they're NOT INTERESTED.

That woman is CRAZY!! They better put her in a straight jacket before she petitions the court to open all the prison doors and GIVE THE CRIMINALS A MEDAL!

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

4. heymom

heymom Member

Wow. I am just speechless. I don't even know what to say any more. The sickening pity for criminals that Mary Lacy displays makes me ashamed to be a woman. Her mind is really screwed up. She will believe a murderer just because he says he's all better. She will believe a murderer because they are good parents and cannot have done such a thing.

This is just wrong, so wrong. But in Boulder, the prairie dog plague gets more press than Mary Lacy's misplaced sympathies.

As my sons would say, "That's messed up."

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Maybe he'll turn his wrath on Mary Lacy. That would be real justice, IMO.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

"Reinschmidt said he and his family feel alone in their fight to keep John Engel behind bars because Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy and her staff have joined calls to alter the young man’s sentence to keep him out of prison.

"To make the halfway house option a possibility, Lacy appeared in front of the Boulder County Board of Community Corrections on Tuesday morning to ask that it approve halfway house funding for Engel if Boulder District Judge Carol Glowinsky allows him back into the community.

"'The time for this decision has come. Believe me, we have struggled very, very hard on this,†Lacy told the board. “We didn’t want to go against what the victims want in this case. ... We are supporting it because it is the right thing to do with this case, with this defendant.'"

I BET Reinschmidt and his family feel alone because they ARE! Anyone who wants justice in Boulder might as well get used to feeling alone because the Powers-That-Be-In-Boulder would rather molly-coddle murderers and rapists than protect the public and get justice for victims!

Arrrggghhh! MARY LACY MAKES ME SICK!!! She "didn't want to go against what the victims want in this case"? Yeah right. You don't give a fig for what the victims and their families want. Engel murdered two women in cold-blood; his foster mother and her mother. What if they were YOUR mother and grandmother, Mary Lacy? Would you be so quick to say that releasing their murderer was "the right thing to do with this case"?!!

Not only does Mary Lacy not prosecute murderers ... SHE WANTS TO LET THE ONES ALREADY PROSECUTED AND IN PRISON SET FREE!!!

The horrible reality is that Mary Lacy is now doing whatever the hell she wants to since she can't run for re-election. She can throw open the cell doors and let ALL the felons and perverts out with her little let's-hold-hands-and-pass-the-bong-New-Age-mentality.

Can massive hair curtains cause brain damage? I don't know how else to explain the complete and overwhelming stupidity of Mary Lacy. :banghead:

7. Little

Little Member

Release plans for killer are hush-hush

Read entire article here - Source: http://www.timescall.com/News_Story.asp?id=7862

8. koldkase

Hm. Wonder if BILL O'REILLY knows about this? Remember he dogged her about the murder of Jason Midyette when it looked like she'd never do her job on that one.

Okay, I sent my email: oreilly@foxnews.com

9. RiverRat

Karma is a Keenan...........

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

"Boulder prosecutor Bruce Langer said earlier this week that John Christopher Engel would be as closely monitored as anyone ever released to community corrections if the move is approved."

Oh, THAT'S really comforting.

NOT!

How many times have we read of felons released from prison (or out on bail) who go right back to murdering and raping as soon as they can?

Just last week, sex offender Leslie Williams (who was released on March 4th) shot two women as they met for coffee in at home. The SOB killed the 62-year-old woman who was visiting her 65-year-old sick friend. (The only reason the older woman lived was because she played dead.) This happened on March 30th, less than FOUR WEEKS after Williams' release! Williams had been living at two shelters after his March 4th release from prison.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23881039

I do not understand why Mary Lacy thinks violent predators should be released into the general population. Anyone who kills in cold blood is able to do it again.

11. Little

Little Member

Maybe the ones who are responsible for the release should also be the ones responsible for housing the offender. So, I wonder if Mary Lacy would be willing to provide room and board for Engel if she's so convinced that he's not a threat to society. Personally I would love to see him move in with her.

Little

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

"
    The problem with Mary Lacy is that she believes that the defendants in murder cases are more the victims than the victims! :wtf:

She is a disgraceful piece of work and the entire legal community, in Boulder, the entire state of Colorado, and hell, the entire country should be up in arms given the way she disgraces the position of District Attorney. District Attorneys EVERYWHERE should be embarrassed by the way her tenure has driven the respect level down.

I'll say it again: I think Boulder is its own country!

13. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

What I would love to see is if the persons responsible for letting them out of prison would get the same sentence as the perp when they commit their next crime. I think they would be more cautious and it is only fair and they should shoulder the responsibility of their actions on the community. I'm not only talking about this case. I have felt this way about parole boards for a long time. They let prisoners out to murder and rape again but do they feel bad about it? If they do, why do they repeatedly make the same mistake?

I live in central Texas where Kenneth McDuff was allowed to reenter the area after having been on death row and he proceeded to kill again. (This was due to a law suit against the Texas prison system over crowding and some bad criminals were released so they wouldn't be couped up with too many other bad criminals) How many young women he killed after he was released will probably never be ascertained. Thankfully he was finally recaptured and put to death.

14. RiverRat

Let's have a fundraiser so that we can purchase the house closest to KeenanLacyTracey so that this Inmate won't have to worry about that pesky little matter and can Get On With His Life......

15. koldkase

I like the idea of buying a house near Lacy's. That's the kind of justice she deserves. Let her actually have to LIVE with the consequences of her pathetic actions as DA.

Here's the part that just floors me (from the article):

I understand that the guy has been able to convince people, as a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD, that he was mentally ill. Sorry, I used to TEACH fourteen year olds, and the SOP IS THAT THEY ARE ALL MENTALLY ILL: THAT'S WHAT BEING 14 IS!

But HE MURDERED TWO PEOPLE IN COLD BLOOD!! He's HIGH RISK!! Hello? What exactly is there about his case that begs for THE PEOPLE OF BOULDER, COLORADO, AND THE U.S., IF HE MOVES, TO RISK THEIR LIVES FOR THIS MURDERING KILLER? Just because LAZY feels sorry for him, WE have to worry that he's going to go off his meds--the MOST COMMON THING BI-POLAR PEOPLE DO, btw--and his probation officer might not be by his side when he goes off in another murderous rage?

Just wondering....

Oh, wait, I remember: MARY LACY!! THE STUPIDEST DA I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFETIME!!

And after Hunter, that's saying something!!

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I love Texas justice. I really do. Having lived all my life in e liberal state that just moved to eliminate the death penalty, we get so tired of seeing horrible crimes committed by repeat offenders. Don't people realize that the death penalty should not be looked at as a deterrent for other killers, but rather a deterrent for THAT killer- so that he'll never kill again. That's what the death penalty is really supposed to do.
    On my few visits to the South, people we meet are so surprised to see that some of us Yankees are very conservative and share their values.

17. koldkase

I agree that some people are just not fit to live on this earth. They mean not to be, with intent. That's THEIR choice.

18. AMES

AMES Member

LOL..and so would I.

19. Little

Little Member

I have no clue what to cut from this one. Mods, please edit as needed.

Little

20. heymom

heymom Member

It costs an average of $75.58 daily to keep an inmate in prison, while the average daily cost of residential community corrections is $37.18, said Debra Stein, the correction board's coordinator.

Let's see:

Keeping an inmate in prison: $75.58
    Residential program for violent offender: $37.18
    Preventing another murder by keeping offender in prison: Priceless

What is another person's life worth, if they are wrong about this monster?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice