McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Gosh, I hope it doesn't come to that, Jayelles. Maybe I shouldn't have posted at all. No matter who is right or wrong in our debates, the child killers are winning.

Even when it is cut and dried, like poor infant Jason Midyette's death, the baby killer's rich daddy got him off for PURE, PLAIN, UNAPOLOGETIC MANSLAUGHTER OF A NEWBORN! Hell, the DA DIDN'T EVEN CHARGE THE SOB FOR IT!

I tell you, I will never understand any of this. NEVER.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I know you speak the truth :-(

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank You very much for getting my point. :heart:

4. RiverRat

What else is there to say? How about all of those priceless posts of yours and my other co-posters? What about harmony, complete fellowship and Thank You's? FFJ is the only forum with those rare qualities and it does make me nervous to see that off balance. Sorry...

All of these babies that have left this World are in the hearts of many, but we don't have 12 years worth of info to sort through like we have for JonBenet, so I just feel safer staying with what I know and take in the new cases as they come with a feeling that the Ramseys enabled those now walking in their Shoes.

5. Jayelles

ikystt

6. koldkase

I know, Rat, but the problem is the Team Ramsey IDIots out there never stop, and they are truly astonishing in number, stupidity, and immorality.

I'm not as strong as you, Rat. I'm flagging because it's hard to see this happening over and over and over and over...and yet our politicians and legal system are completely impotent to do a damn thing about it, apparently. When the average jury is so ignorant they let obvious killers like O.J., Phil Spector, and Alex Midyette walk, when two consecutive DA's in Boulder worked long and hard to let a child killer walk with HONORS, what can we expect anymore?

Civilization? That's more a fantasy than a reality at this point, isn't it? The world seems to be populated by human beasts and they too often get away with...murder.

7. RiverRat

huh?

Spell it out for us dummies, Please?!

Edited to add LightBulb Blondie Moment! LOL - I do speak the truth everytime I open my mouth or hit the keyboard!

8. RiverRat

We are not in a "If you can't beat them, join them" and if you fall silent, all will lose. I feel exactly the same way you do and fear what's to come now each day....I am drained. I want to quit and ignore all aspects of this part of life, so how does one do that when it goes against everything you have ever stood for? We need to be going back over the Ramsey case with a fine-tooth comb for this last chance JonBenet's been given or else we have been gathered together for nothing. I don't think so....

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

ikystt2

10. Jayelles

Well we're waiting patiently for Mame's big news. You know, the news she has insider information on and which she told us was coming any day. When I have a bad day, I just light a few candles, have a nice aromatherapy bath and look forward to Mame's big story - which will break ANY day....:violin:

11. RiverRat

Still?! I gave up waiting, so you must have the patience of a Saint! I kept trying to get her to report John Ramsey and Nancy Krebs alleged child rape
    claims now that the case is under review, but I don't think she really wanted to for some reason!

Thanks Jay - I feel back to normal now....

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor: :floor: :floor:

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

An imo interesting forum debate in a controversially discussed case is going on here.

The "axe to grind" comment was in reference to investigator G. Amaral.
    On may agree with his conclusions or not, Amaral is a primary source and not for example at tabloid reporter who got info third-hand.
    Problem is, the info is often contradictory. This case is as messed-up as the Ramsey case when it comes to that. Seems like a lot went on behind the scenes.
    Need it have been "murder"?

14. koldkase

Okay, then! And thanks.

Sorry, I don't remember him that well. Is he a detective working on the case? So he's seen the evidence first hand?

Always does, seems like. I'm certainly hampered in language and investigative techniques foreign to me, in a country about which I have little-to-no first hand or studied knowledge.

Since the child isn't even pronounced dead, as far as I've heard, guess not. It could have been kidnapping, for all we know. Madeline might be thriving somewhere with a nice couple who paid for her on the black market. No way to know that I've seen so far. I hope that's the way it went, though. That's the best we can hope for now.

15. Jayelles

Not "behind the scenes". One of the biggest travesties of this case is that whilst the McCanns and their friendsw were bound to silence by Portuguiese secrecy laws, the police, who were ALSO supposedly bound by the same laws, were speaking to the tabloid press!

Now I'm not accusing high ranking PJs of this, but I understand it's not a well paid job and so many of the stories may well have come from low ranking PJs who were not privy to the main files or interviews - i.e. who may just have been given a particular operational activity to carry out like searching an area of beach or conducting house to house in one area of town. I dno't know - I am speculating. What I DO know is that we had a veritable tsunami of false information which the McCanns AND the lead detectives were not at liberty to comment upon due to the secrecy laws.

THis documentary is being made with the benefit of the police files. We are finally going to hear facts. A reconstruction is to be made using the official police files as reference with witness statements being read out. These witnesses are not just the McCanns are friends but independent witnesses too.

I really struggle to see why anyone would object to this being done in an effort to solve this crime and find a missing little 5 year old girl yet there is a small but very vocal group who are orchestrating a campaign to do precisely that. What kind of justice is that for a victim? I can understand that there is skepticim - especially from people who have loosely followed the case via the media and who have never considered facts and non-facts in detail. I can also understand that there are people who HAVE studied the case in greater detail who feel strongly about the dogs alerting. But even if I did think the parents did it, I'd be saying "OK, do the reconstruction using the police files, lets see what comes out of it because I hope I am wrong and that she is alive and will be found." I do not understand these attempts to thwart the search for Madeleine.

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

Of course Amaral has seen the evidence first hand: he was the coordinator of the investigation into the Madeleine case.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

I don't think investigative techniques vary much from (democratic) country to country. Whether the standards are being met in a specific case is of course another question. Blunders do happen in investigations, and in a small peaceful holiday resort like Praia da Luz, the police were initially sheer overwhelmed by the tragic events of that night. Just like the Boulder police was overwhelmed.
    But the Portuguese police soon worked together with British investigators who were called in. It was a Britsh detective btw who, after studying the file, told the police to take a closer look at the parents.
    The McCanns themselves did consider the possibility of Madeleine being dead:
    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id137.html
    Of all possibilities, that Madeleine might be "thriving with a nice couple" who bought her on the black market is the least likely imo.

For the child’s coloboma would make her far too conspicuous. So the couple would know it was Madeleine, considering the world-wide media hype.
    If they were "a nice couple", they would have contacted the police. Surely a nice couple would not stand by and callously watch the McCanns' torment.

So if Madeleine is alive, then imo she is being held captive somewhere, and it pains me to even think what she may be going through.

18. rashomon

rashomon Member

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id161.html#aug3 [bolding mine]

Is it known when Gerry bought that book?
    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id161.html

It should have been easy to verify Kate's statement by checking her working schedule. I wonder whether this has been done. (?)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  19. Jayelles

Considering that she and Gerry were cleared on the grounds that there was no evidence to suggest they committed ANY crime. However, it's the same problem anyway - a dog alerting on it's own is of no use. You still need proof of the crime in the form of forensic evidence.

I have recently read a report which says that when Eddie went to the Mccanns next rental apartment, he did not alert to cuddle cat but instead started to play with it, tossing it into the air. It was only later when the handler brought the dog back to the toy that he "alerted". I don't know where the report came from or whether it was from seeing the video recording. Doesn't sound too convincing though.

Even the dog handler himself doesn't draw implications and will only say that his dog alerted, not that a corpse had to have been there.

20. Jayelles

From the Ragatory interview of the dog handler Martin Grimes:-

I'll find a source for this quote. The original source is no longer online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice