McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rashomon

rashomon Member

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id137.html

If the info about the fifteen components is true and it suddenly vanished from the next report, this raises a red flag imo.
    A lot rests on Jane Tanner's testimony about having seen a man carrying a child.

So much for the reliability of eyewitness testimony ...

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id137.html

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

No disrespect Rash, but themccannfiles is an anti-mccann website which uses tabloid stories for some of its sources.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

The quotes at the site were from a summary of Amaral's book, who has seen the case file first-hand.

4. Jayelles

ETA - so too has the Portuguese Attorney general seen the case files first hand - arguably more of them than Amaral since he had been removed from the case many months previously and he said that there is no evidence to suggest the McCanns or Murat commite ANY crime.

Amaral was removed from the case for his disgraceful behaviour and his subsequent spiteful actions have done nothing to endear him to me. What senior policeman ignores the fundamental principle of "innocent until proven guilty" and proceeds to appoint himself judge and jury?

He behaved very unprofessionally IMO. I mean what was that dripping-with-sarcasm "open letter to kate McCann" from his wife all about? It's classic bully behaviour to blame the victim for the bully being punished (as if it was the McCanns' fault that he behaved disgracefully and lost his job).

I'm sorry rash, but I do not consider Amaral to be a credible source.

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

We don't know what exactly went on behind the scenes which finally led to Amaral's removal. Just look at what went on behind the scenes in the Ramsey case which for example caused Steve Thomas to leave in frustration and anger.
    There is a TV documentary today which presents Amaral's side of the story, based on his book "A Verdade da Mentira":

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id79.html

6. Jayelles

You cannot compare Steve Thomas with Amaral! Wash your mouth out woman :)

Amaral was removed from the case. Steve Thomas resigned from the case. Amaral accuses the McCanns of murder when there is no evidence a murder took place and when they had no means or opportunity to commit the crime in question. Steve Thomas accused patsy Ramsey of murder when there WAS a murder and when she had ample means and opportunity to commit said murder.

I await details of the Amaral documentary with interest. He is a disgrace as are his supporters who are actively trying to impede the search for a missing child.

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

My DH is ready to testifiy I don't have bad breath. :)
    But kidding aside, my comparison of Amaral to Steve Thomas was in connection to power struggles often going on behind the scenes in high profile cases. Through Steve Thomas's book, we get a pretty good picture of
    what kind of power struggles they were; Amaral's book may give us insights too.
    Removed or resigned - that's not the point. Both were confronted with powers opposing their work. Both were totally committed to their cases.
    I'm not implying that just because ST was correct in identifyng the Ramsey crime scene as staged, that Amaral must have been correct too when he concluded the Madeleine kidnapping scene was staged.
    What I'm interested in is the details of the evidence which led Amaral to his conclusion.
    Take the window for example. It looks like the window had not been tampered with in an any way. No broken shutters, nothing. But right from the start, the window was brought in as evidence of an intruder. Why so?
    I'm also interested in Amaral explaning how (and where!) they could have "refrigerated" the body. The idea is absurd imo, and if he fails to come up with a credible explanation, this would be a hole in his theory.
    Where does he accuse them of "murder"?
    In terms of "evidence" - it may not have been sufficient enough to accuse them. If it is true that in the final report the fifteen markers matching Madeleine's DNA suddenly didn't show up anymore without explanation, foul play is a very real possibility.

Was it "murder"? A rage attack plus cover-up by staging a scene - is it "murder"? (I don't want to run off topic here, we can discuss this on the JBR forum)

The disappearance of little Madeleine is a tragedy of ultimate magnitude. When the McCann is case made the headlines, my first thought was "OMG, how can the parents go on living with such a feeling of guilt, having left their three small childen unattended and it ended it in such a horrible tragedy?" Thoughts like "If only we had not done .." would haunt them for the rest of their life, and my feeling was that the restless activity shown by them, alerting the whole world to finding Madeleine was also a (psychologically explainable) effort on their part to run away from this terrible feeling of guilt. As believers, having the Pope consoling them may also have been perceived by them as an act of "forgiveness".

This haunting case leaves many questions open.

- if it was an intruder, then this was an extreme risk taker, daring to snatch a child from her bedroom with small siblings present in that room, in a resort milling with people, at a time of day in May when it was not yet fully dark.

- if it was the parents, they equally would be extreme risk takers, for they, within a narrow time frame and running the danger of being detected, had to take the body to a place where it most likely would not be found.

From whichever perspective one looks at it, this case has many loose ends, and imo things are is not nearly as cut an dried as believers from both camps see it.

jmpo

8. Jayelles

Well he is still harping on about them having given Madeleine an overdose of Calpol which he describes as a sleeping medication. Calpol is not a sedative, it's a painkiller. Purely a painkiller. You CAN overdose on it, but an awful lot of Calpol would have to be taken for that (it's a syrup) and even then, death is slow - days. ODing on paracetemol causes liver failure. Very painful and slow. Not a nice way to die but even if a child gets an accidental overdose, there's time for a little stomach to be pumped. I really doubt her medically qualified parents would decide not to attempt to save her and just bury her in the sand instead...

Which brings us to Amaral's assertion that the McCanns buried her in the sand for three weeks before for some thoroughly inexplicable reason, digging her up and moving her in their hire car. Not only did no-one see them do this, but no-one smelled the three week old decomposing corpse and there has been no report of all that sand being found...

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id79.html

It is always important to get the whole picture. I'll buy the book as soon as it is published here in Germany and we can go through it in detail then.

10. Little

Little Member

11. Jayelles

I see Mr Amaral is still harping on about Madeleine having been sedated with Calpol. Problem - Calpol is not a sedative and it does not therefore cause children to go to sleep. This is a very basic fact and I find it disturbing that even at this late stage Mr Amaral has not figured this out.

He also theorises that Madeleine heard her father talking to Jeremy Wilkins outside of the apartment and that she climbed up on the sofa to see him through the window, fell from the sofa and sustained a fatal injury. He suggests that this places Madeleine's corpse at the sofa where the dog alerted. Problem - Gerry McCann was talking to Jeremy Wilkins at approximately 9.10-20. It has been established that the "scent of death" supposedly occurs after approximately 90-120 minutes. Kate McCann found her daughter missing at 10pm. That would mean that Madeleine had been dead for less than 50 minutes. It also supposes that Kate McCann returned to the flat, found Madeleine dead or dying and immediately decided to dispose of her body instead of attempting rescusitation or calling for help. Unfortunately, Mr Amaral does not attempt to explain why he thinks she would do this or indeed HOW she achieved it.

The most interesting aspect of Amaral's theory is that it basically blows the cadaver dog "evidence" out of the water as it leaves insiufficient time for the "scent of death" to form (or whatever the correct term is).

From Amaral's documentary:-
    Another interesting thing which has emerged from discussions elsewhere about the case is that the "suspicious journey" which the McCanns took to Spain in the hire car actually didn't take place till August 3rd - something I hadn't appreciated. So the suspicion isn't just that they moved a three WEEK old corpse, but that they moved a three MONTH old corpse.

12. Jayelles

I've just read a translation of an account of Goncalo Amaral's trial which is on just now. It says that he refused to answer the questions!

This is one of the things he condemned the McCanns for.

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

Strange though that a family doctor did seem to recommend Calpol to calm children down, according to a reader's comment:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/children_shealth/3314633/Are-we-using-too-much-Calpol.html

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/medicine/calpol-infant-suspension/240998/

Calpol may not be sedative, but who knows if it doesn't have a somewhat sedating side effect on small children. Parents just may have made the experience that it does. It is VERY strange that both twins slept through the whole commotion which reigned in the apartment following the discovery of Madelene's disappearance.

I just went to Amazon (Germany), and although it does list the German version of Amaral's book now ("Warum die Wahrheiti eine Lüge ist"), it says "not available". Maybe it will take some days until one can buy it because the publishing date is listed as May 2009 (not April like originally announced). We can over the book in detail then.

I'm currently busy at another forum but hope to find the time to be at FFJ again soon.

14. Jayelles

Rash, this has been discussed ad nauseam. We know the effects and consequences of Calpol. It's been around for many, many years and new mothers are routinely educated on its use by health visitors.

It is NOT a sedative. It has zero sedative properties. It is purely a painkiller. It is sometimes advertised showing a sleeping baby which is misleading. If anyone's doctor is telling them that it will induce sleep, then they should check the doctor's credentials! Seriously, they only way that Calpol aids sleep is if sleep would otherwise be disturbed by pain or fever. Calpol is pure paracetemol - a pain killer.

Secondly, paracetemol in overdose, attacks the liver. It's a slow death, not a quick one. Patients take days to die and it's painful. Calpol is a liquid. A child of Madeleine's age would take 1 or 2 5ml spoonfuls every four hours. When my daughter was about three, she got hold of Calpol sachets and swallowed 5 before I caught her. That's over twice the dose and in a panic, I called the Poison Bureau. They told me it wouldn't do her any harm and that she'd need to take a lot more than that before they'd recommend treating her. She liked the taste of it because it's pleasant.

Even if Madeleine even swallowed a bottle of Calpol (and they aren't easy to open), her parents would have plenty of time to get her to hospital. It makes no sense that they would finish her off and dispose of her body and then openly admit they'd left their children alone.

Some children sleep through commotion. When I was five, I slept through a hurricane despite being lifted out of my bed by my father and carried downstairs where the whole family spent the night. I was mightily surprised when I woke in the morning to find myself sharing a mattress on the living room floor with my older brother!

None of what you are suggesting is proof that the McCanns killed madeleine or disposed of her when she was dead or dying!

15. Jayelles

It's interesting that Amaral's book isn't being published in either the UK or the US.

We should also be watching the news carefully. Amaral is promising new information and he will tell us about it any day. He is claiming to have a document which will prove/help his case.

I can't wait. I just hope his idea of a "day" isn't anything like Duarte Levy's who promised big news in a couple of days, and that was ...ehm... about a month ago.

The McCanns have opened a new hotline for the search. Unfortunately, some anti-mccanns are advocating flooding it with false information. I honestly think that the attempts to thwart this search for a missing child should be classified as criminal. I simply don't understand it at all.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

That would be classified as criminal in the states...if they actually go through with it. Anyone doing things like this are also anti-Maddie! That is who they are actually hurting.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

What do you believe is the reason for it not being published in these countries?
    You'll probably get those wackos on every hotline of that type.

Why was - despite the back door being open - the focus by the McCanns directed to the window whose shutters it seems had not been tampered with?
    Just one of many nagging questions.

Gerry said he opened the front door with the key - why didn't he use the open patio door which was nearer to the tapas bar?

Two years ago today, little Madeleine vanished without a trace from a holiday resort full of people. What an incredibly tragic case this is.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  18. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I saw a promo yesterday that Oprah that she will interview the Mccanns this week. Sorry I didn't notice what day this would be.

19. Elle

Elle Member

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It's already unveiled.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518675,00.html

"A striking image of how Madeleine McCann might look now, if still alive, has been released by her parents.

The picture was sent out ahead of the second anniversary of her disappearance.

Gerry and Kate McCann employed a forensic imaging artist to produce a photographic impression of how the youngster would have aged in the two years since she disappeared."

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice