Michigan Primary Results

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Ginja

Ginja Member

Okay all, anyone hear how the voting is going? I've tried to check out the primary voting results with no luck. Perhaps posters from the general area would get early results from local news?

I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks and desparately trying to catch up on all this news...but foremost on my mind is how the voting's going. I understand that because there are so many running for the same seat, Ramsey actually has a chance to win. My god, is there NO JUSTICE in this world where the Ramseys are concerned?

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Results will not begin to trickle out until the polls close, but here, you will be able to follow the results tonight at this link:

http://www.electionmagic.com/results/mi/election.html

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

4. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Early Results

Ramsey leads Republican primary opponents in very early returns

By AMY F. BAILEY
    The Associated Press
    8/3/2004, 9:06 p.m. ET

DETROIT (AP) — John Ramsey's much-publicized quest for the Michigan House reaches the finish line on Tuesday.

From Our Advertiser

With 3 percent of the precincts reporting, the father of slain child beauty queen JonBenet had 37 percent of the vote in the Republican primary for the 105th House District, which covers Antrim, Charlevoix, Otsego and Cheboygan counties.

Bellaire attorney Kevin Elsenheimer had 22 percent of the vote, Charlevoix resident Jack Apol had 15 percent, Otsego County commissioner Jeff Garfield had 13 percent and Kewadin resident Bonnie Nothoff had 8 percent the vote in the GOP contest.

Craig Ryan, former aide to the incumbent, had 5 percent.

Two Democrats also are running for the seat, but the GOP primary winner is the likely favorite in the Nov. 2 general election.

The 105th District Republican primary was among a number of House contests expected to decide the future state representative. Many of the House districts approved a few years ago by the GOP-controlled Legislature lean toward one party, leaving fewer toss-up races between Democrats and Republicans in the general election.

The House is the only legislative chamber up for election this year, since senators don't face re-election until 2006.

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Cheboygan County--Early Results

State Representative 105th District
    1 position per party
    Precincts Reporting Republican Democrat
    4 of 19 Precincts

Jack Apol 4
    Kevin A. Elsenheimer 66
    Jeff F. Garfield 46
    Bonnie M.Nothoff 30
    John B.Ramsey 61
    Craig Ryan 44
    Greg A. Dean 45
    Jim McKimmy 34

6. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Cheboygan--6 precincts out of 19

Elsenheimer 225 Ramsey 202

It's between these two guys.

Very early reports of just one county, so far.

8. Why_Nut

9. Cherokee

7 of 19 precincts

Apol - 20
    Elsenheimer - 342
    Garfield - 236
    Notoff - 117
    Ramsey - 296
    Ryan - 162

10. Cherokee

Well, it looks like all of Ramsey's big spending (five times more than the other candidates put together), and his "free" press didn't buy him that many more votes. Looks like that campaign wasn't very cost effective, Mr. Carpetbagger CEO.

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Good!

Elsenheimer is pulling ahead by a good margin.

Wonder what's happening in Charlevoix County?

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ramsey 341

Elsenheimer 439.

8 precincts reporting. 11 more to go

13. Why_Nut

Elsenheimer opening up quite a lead, 439 to Ramsey's 341.

14. Cherokee

8 of 19 precincts -

Apol - 26
    Elsenheimer - 439
    Garfield - 268
    Notoff - 133
    Ramsey - 341
    Ryan - 191

Elsenheimer by almost 100 votes! Let's go!

15. Tricia

Cheboygan has not tallied their votes yet. I think this is the Ramsey strong hold if I am not mistaken.

16. Cherokee

Darn it, Why_Nut! I can't get 13 minutes ahead of you! Not even 13 seconds! LOL

17. Why_Nut

John only got one contributor to his campaign from Cheboygan, which does not bode well for its strongholding chances, in my opinion.

18. Cherokee

I was thinking the same thing, WN.

Chin up, Tricia, we've got a chance!

19. Tricia

That's right. What was I thinking. I was thinking in reverse. It can happen. You just waitl

John Ramsey 389

Kevin Elsenheimer 528

10 precincts reporting

20. Why_Nut

Maybe someone will just end up taking his little carpetbag back to Atlanta after all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice