Michigan Primary Results

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Aug 3, 2004.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

My :2cents: for what it's worth:

It's nice to know you can't buy an election regardless of what you spend trying to do so.

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

These spinners got it wrong.

Ramsey slightly trails GOP primary opponents in early returns

Tuesday, August 3, 2004

ASSOCIATED PRESS

John Ramsey, the father of slain child beauty queen JonBenet, slightly trailed one of his Republican opponents in Tuesday's primary for a state House seat, according to early results that included all but a handful of precincts from his home county of Charlevoix.

With 72 percent of precincts reporting, the former businessman had 25 percent of the vote, or 2,994 votes, in the Republican primary for the 105th House District, which covers Antrim, Charlevoix, Otsego and Cheboygan counties.

Bellaire attorney Kevin Elsenheimer had 27 percent, or 3,150 votes, and Craig Ryan, former aide to incumbent Ken Bradstreet, had 22 percent, or 2,602 votes. Bradstreet can't run for re-election because of term limits.

Otsego County commissioner Jeff Garfield had 15 percent, or 1,798 votes, Kewadin resident Bonnie Nothoff had 8 percent - 900 votes - and Charlevoix resident Jack Apol had 4 percent, or 418 votes, in the GOP contest.

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thank You God!!!

4. Tricia

Freebird, it's your subtle style that we love so much. heh

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Is it over?

Can I breath a sigh of relief yet? Oh Thank God for the favor!

Ramsey had bet his :behind: and lost! Yipee Three cheers for the winner!

:toast: :toast: :toast:

7. Tez

Tez Member

AMEN!!!!!

Well, I think I hear the moving trucks pulling in....I believe it's back "home" to GA for the Scamsey's!!!! :flipper:

Tricia, you deserve a big round of applause for all of the hard work you have done! :grouphug: And that goes for everyone else who helped show the voters of Michigan just what kind of people the Ramsey's are!!!

Now, I just hope FOX doesn't decide it would be cheaper to settle the lawsuit that Mr. and Mrs. Unelectable have filed! Maybe the truth will finally come out!

8. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I just wish they would update for the other counties and get this over with.

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

THANK GOD HE LOST!!

:headbang:
    All I have to say is, the majority of the population of Michigan's 105th district made a wise decision by voting for anyone but John Ramsey, the numbers clearly indicate the general feeling about this couple; I wonder if they'll head to another state now and 'get on with life' there, maybe nobody knows about them in Alaska...

This feels almost as good as I imagine seeing atleast one of them get arrested would feel.

:cop: :cop: :unreal::yow: :cop: :cop:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Scamsey-Gate is over!!!! A big thanks to all FFJ'ers for their contributions to the cause. And congrats to the wise Republican folk of Michigan with best wishes that your selected candidate will succeed in November! :jumpie:

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

State House
    State House - District 105 - 100%; 65 of 65 precincts reporting
    GOP Primary
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Kevin Elsenheimer GOP 5,194 27.0%
    John Ramsey GOP 4,684 24.3%
    Craig Ryan GOP 4,164 21.6%
    Jeff Garfield GOP 2,950 15.3%
    Bonnie Nothoff GOP 1,572 8.2%
    Jack Apol GOP 695

http://www.detnews.com/2004/politics/primary/apresults.htm

Oh...now that you are broke again:

1-800-GO-UHAUL

:did:

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm20984_20040804.htm

IT'S DEFINATELY OVER...OFFICIALLY JOHN LOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------
    "I think what we've got here is an affirmation that a grassroots, locally based campaign can be still successful," Elsenheimer said. "Ultimately, people judged Ramsey not on his celebrity, but the quality of his ideas."

13. Tricia

14. Show Me

The results are confusing, however for me the bottom line is JOHN LOST!

JOHN IS A LOSER! (Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?)

And John has still lost in the public court of opinion....people do not trust him. I don't think passing out all the copies of DOI was a good idea. Probably lost him 4 percent of the vote. heheheheheeh

15. Tricia

Show Me you are cracking me up. I have never seen you so happy. I think you are suffering from "Happy Feet." :sponge:

16. Show Me

:cake:

Tricia I AM giddy! This is better than our election in which one admendment passed I didn't want at all.

What's next for John's political career? Why not run for dog catcher? I'd endorse John for dog catcher...think of all the possibilities of John's getting bit.

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I knew I should have stayed up last night for these results, but I need my zzzzz's, you know.

What's next for the Rameys? They're not used to losing, you know. They have won every round since their daughter was murdered in the battle to stay out of jail. They took a chance that the public was buying the Judge-Carnes-cleared-us BS, and brassy as they are, they thought they could bully their way into public office.

Except for the ones who voted for Ramsey, I congratulate Michigan voters for picking the right man for the job - not one who is still a suspect in the death of his daughter.

I can't say I'm giddy, but I'm content knowing that once again, what goes around, comes around. It's still coming around. This could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the Ramseys. How humiliated they must be. I'm sure they will be moving out of Charlevoix, probably not back to Atlanta because they probably wore out their welcome there, too.

I agree with Freebird.

:flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper: :flipper:

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Good morning, Tricia, my friend!

To answer your question, I think what we were looking at was results for Cheboygan County ... but the 105th encompasses both that County AND Otsego County (and maybe a part of something else, who knows?)

So, even though the above URL said 105th District, it was only part of the picture. That explains why our numbers and percentages didn't match up with Candy's at Cybersleuths, but who cares? They eventually got the same result because, thank goodness, John lost in both counties!

Anyway, a big thank you to all who helped get the truth out about John Ramsey, and a big cyberhug to Tricia (and ACR & WY) who worked so hard for this happy day. :)

In the immortal words of James Brown ...

I FEEL GOOD!

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

LOL, Show Me! I love your sense of humor ... :cheerful:

20. Ginja

Ginja Member

Oh Happy Day!

It's a new day and Ramsey's a loser...

Who could ask for anything more? (Rhetorical question, we all KNOW what we REALLY want, hehehe)

Tricia...you did a fantastic job in exposing Ramsey for what he really is...a liar for starters! I just wish the write-ins for Boulder DA were as "successful" as the Ramsey loss. We might have had a chance (sooner than later) of getting the Ramseys where they really belong...in court!

I guess it's on to our next mission, eh?

I started re-reading Brent Bozell's "Weapons of Mass Distortion"...a must read for all. OJ and JonBenet are referenced several times as "proof" of the slanted, liberal media. However, according to Bozell, the liberal media is about to go into a meltdown. Perhaps there's a chance of getting fair and objective reporting of the Ramsey scandal in our future!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice