Michigan Primary Results

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

There is such a mountain of threads to wade through on every forum that I fear I shall never catch up. Did the Ramseys comment about the election afterwards? Any tv discussion at all?

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Jayelles, the Ramseys didn't even thank their volunteers on the political website...Tricia had to post thanks on her website for the volunteers.

Nope, not much news other than John lost, though Patsy claims they were bitten by the political bug.

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Good to have you back Jayelles!

I hope the weather didn't put too much of a damper on your vacation.

Other than the rain/scorching heat, (not sure which you encountered) what did you think? You were about 4 hours from me to the North if I remember correctly from our discussion at your forum.

BTW: Did you incorporate the horseshoe tradition into the wedding??

4. Elle

Elle Member

Welcome back!

Welcome back, Jayelles! Missed you on the board!

Do you think you should give an explanation for "auld claes and porridge?" :confused:

It would have been nice if you had been here the day John Ramsey failed to get elected. What a great day that was! The most recent good news is, the Gaylord Herald Times publishing Tricia's press release.

5. Jayelles

The horseshoe ceremony was performed to the delight of the bride's family. We asked their permission beforehand and they thought it was a splendid idea. Tootsie was full of importance at her role :)

The weather was cool and wet on days - just what we are used to! There were a couple of warmer days but it was actually quite pleasant. We're not used to the sun.

We had a lovely time and we loved the bridal shower. We got an opportunity to dress the bride up in the wrappings from the presents afterwards which was novel.

The day following the wedding we spent the day golfing with the bridal party too. That was a nice day. We had breakfast at the bride's parents' house and saw the opening of the gifts and then hit the golf course. It was all rather splendid.

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Jay,
    They blamed the loss to the media and the opponents unfairly fingered him as a carpetbagger, or short term resident.

I am not kidding.

Doesn't matter that they got FREE national TV advertising in the form of Deborah Norville and Larry King. That was John's opportunity to sell himself to the voters, the opponents did not get this FREE opportunity and publicity.

7. Jayelles

Thanks Elle. I'm annoyed I missed your e-mail. I couldn't get that link to work.

8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

What a lovely way to incorporate her heritage into the wedding! I love to hear about the creative ideas people are finally getting and using at their weddings; for the amount of money that it costs to say "I Do.", it's just nice to see that day can be so personalized.

I'm glad to hear you didn't experience any heat-waves, this summer has been milder than usual and from what I've been told, an "Indian Summer" is very possible.

It sounds like it was fun! Bridal Showers are pretty typical to me, I never realized how different it would seem to someone who doesn't come from here; dressing a bride up in wrapping paper and bow-ties, I wonder if this started as a way to eliminate waste from presents?

Golf is not something I'm great at but I do love to try! Had you ever played before?

9. Jayelles

Nope. I played hockey for my school and I once played crazy golf at a seaside resort, but there ends my experience of hitting balls with lengthy implements :) I now understand the meaning of "par" and I also know what an eagle is though as my nephew scored one during his post wedding tournament!

10. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Wow! You already know more than me about golf? I never really got into the rules and actual 'game play', I had a hard enough time with positioning myself like the instructor said and still stand up and swing at the same time! LOL.

I have no coordination as it turns out so activities like golf are all but impossible for me to master without playing every day, and as you can imagine that would get pretty disasterous with me living in such a densely populated city. I'll stick to mini-putt...!ouch:

11. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

About the campaign...........

Ramsey probably received so much media attention as a basis for future attack upon a republican by the liberal media. They were laying a foundation for their future efforts at repub-bashing should he have won the primary.

And as for the thank-you's, I'm sure it wasn't posted in any timely way because John thinks that it's "Not my Yob".

http://www.stupidpicture.com/stupid_picture-classics_pt1.htm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice