New Book- "And Justice For Some" by Wendy Murphy

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sabrina, Sep 13, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

Completely agree. :yes: By the end of the night, Patsy probably could nearly believe the whole staged event she and John had created. Nearly. But not enough to pass a polygraph.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hey, y'all won't believe this, if you haven't seen it already.

I bought an old copy of The Prime of Miss Jean Brody. It's the original book, not the play or screenplay. I haven't read it yet, but was skimming through it last night, and found something astonishing.

At one point in the story, one of Miss Brodie's "set" is doing a writing assignment in class and says, "I can't remember how to spell 'possession.' Are there two s's or...?"

I almost fell out when I read that.

3. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

That's one of the major similarities between the crime and the book/play/movie kk, in a long line of similarities.

4. tylin

tylin Banned

Agree 100%. That definitely isn't something someone just pulls out of the air.

5. tylin

tylin Banned

Paradox,
    Am I wrong in understanding that no one knows for certain if Patsy violated JB on several levels or not? I've always read/heard that there is NO documented proof.
    Proof of some type of sexual abuse yes. Proof of who did it? No.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

:eek: no way?@?@?@

7. Paradox

Violated in terms of using her.

8. heymom

heymom Member

I was saying that Patsy violated JonBenet's boundaries on several levels. Not that there has been any proof that Patsy physically abused JonBenet, but there seems to be ample documentation that Patsy DID violate JonBenet's emotional and ego boundaries.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Bolding mine.

Ron Walker, former FBI agent on the case, said that parents could commit the worse acts on their children. He had seen them.

10. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, but I would argue that the parents who commit the worst acts, have been "done unto" in the same way they are now hurting their children. I'm not saying otherwise "normal" parents can't snap and do their children harm, but acts like putting an instrument up inside a 5-year-old child come from abuse in the parent's childhood, mostly.

11. sboyd

sboyd Member

Hi HeyMom,

You know what I think. I think she was exhausted plain and simple and lost it when she found that JonBenet had soaked herself and her clothes. JB may have given her an argument and Patsy just went ballistic and she was exhausted. She had been up since 6 that morning - that is something like 16 hours and had to get up again in 5 to go someplace that she did not really want to go, or maybe she did at that point, but either way, the woman was exhausted, she had had a couple of glasses of wine a little before. I know that is not much, but it is much when someone does not drink, has had radical cancer treatments and was on the mend and the fact that she had been up 16 hours is a LONG LONG TIME.

I do it every day, but I do not have STAGE IV cancer and in remission. I think the woman was exhausted and was use to yelling at JB, as has been said by Linda Hoffman-Paugh (sp?).

I mean I never yelled at my son like that. Maybe there are people who do, but I just don't llike it at all. Does not make her a murderer but it DOES tell me she is use to yelling at JB and is not afraid to do it. If I yelled at my son on a daily basis, I would be disgusted with myself. It is just the wrong thing to do to anyone.

And John had to know this also, because he says Patsy never got mad at anyone and we are all supposed to believe that. It is ridiculous.

Patsy has said that she had been through horrendous cancer treatments and valued her children. HOWEVER, she did see fit to yell at JB in the bathroom. I think that is just awful to do on a daily basis, so in my opinion, she is plenty capable of losing her temper radically.

12. Paradox

Losing temper radically doesn't account for feeding JB pineapple with milk/cream in a bowl with a spoon and possibly tea, all of which happened before the death and all of which can be found in a book Patsy was known to have used. The same book that has words and phrases found in the ransom note. If the death of JonBenet started with rage at bedwetting, why so many items that point to planning? You can't have both; spontaneity and planning. It's one or the other.

Comments Wendy?

13. heymom

heymom Member

So you think that Patsy used an instrument inside JonBenet that night, before she died? Or had she done that previously, and then the paint brush was used later to cover that up?

I have a hard time believing that Patsy would think to cover up that kind of thing. She would believe that it is not a crime to "clean" inside her little girl. That is one reason I think that whoever shoved the paintbrush inside JonBenet KNEW the reason why it had to be done. I think it was John who did that, and most likely it was him as the abuser. IF, and I say IF, he took his baby girl to Amsterdam with him on a business trip, I have all the confirmation I need.

14. JoeJame

JoeJame member

IF, and I say IF, he took his baby girl to Amsterdam with him on a business trip, I have all the confirmation I need.

Has that been said to have happened?

15. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, it was mentioned recently here, but I don't know the source at all. It may be just another rumor. I don't know if anyone can prove it or disprove it.

16. JoeJame

JoeJame member

If that were the case.....that is very unsettling and telling....hmmmm

17. Tez

Tez Member

I just finished Wendy's book. I bet Lin is pulling out his hair plugs!!!!!

O/T, but if I read any more praising of Lin Wood for his work with Howard Stern, I think I am going to puke! Wendy has it right when she says Lin is a bully and he is part of what is wrong with the justice system today. He threatens to sue everyone and their cat just to get them to shut up about the obvious guilt of his client(s). And he sure did a fine job of representing Kobe Bryant's victim, didn't he??? Yep, he lined his pockets some more with that deal.

If justice was served Kobe Bryant would have went to prison for rape, but instead that Mackey woman smeared that poor girl seven ways from Sunday. I am furious after learning the truth about that case! It's no wonder rape victims don't want to come forward.

I stayed up all night reading the book, I just couldn't put it down. And I despise Lin Wood even more after reading the book! And even I didn't think that was possible!!!!

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I can see it! :floor:

Yeah, Haddon's beotch trashed the rape victim good in the Bryant case. And the JUDGE HELPED THEM! Haddon's beotch said the victim's name out SIX TIMES in open court, AND THE JUDGE LET HER GET AWAY WITH THAT! That's what is so bad about that one. The PROSECUTION'S OFFICE "accidently" gave the DEFENSE a copy of the victim's PERSONAL HOSPITAL RECORDS NOT RELATED TO THIS CASE, FROM HER HISTORY! This was all LEAKED to the press, of course, making the victim look very bad. The JUDGE'S OFFICE was guilty of sending out sealed case info to the PRESS more than once, as well. They eventually sent the press sealed transcripts of a CLOSED HEARING in which the victim was allowed to be examined under oath by the defense for PRE-TRIAL ARGUMENT/MOTION purposes, BUT THE PROSECUTION NEVER GOT TO EXAMINE NOR REBUT, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT TRIAL. Of course, the PRESS then got to hear THE DEFENSE WORK THE VICTIM OVER AND MAKE HER LOOK TERRIBLE, WITHOUT ANY PROSECUTION EVIDENCE OR QUESTIONING! And it was the JUDGE'S OFFICE THAT LEAKED IT TO REPORTERS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, THEN SAID OOOPS! So sorry, didn't mean to! AGAIN! They did it TWO OR THREE TIMES WITH CONFIDENTIAL, SEALED INFO!! How's THAT for injustice! That poor woman, RE-VICTIMIZED, RAPED BY THE SYSTEM, AS WELL.

THEN HADDON'S FIRM CONTINUED TO GUT THE CO. STATE VICTIM SHIELD LAW. Can you believe THAT? Haddon got the STATE'S LEGAL SYSTEM TO REVISIT THE LAW WHICH PROTECTS THE VICTIM FROM HAVING PERSONAL, IRRELEVANT INFO USED AGAINST HER IN THE PRESS AND IN COURT. No problem BLOCKING PRIOR ACTS OF DEFENDANTS, though. BS!! :hopmad:

This is why the young woman was never going to get a fair trial. Haddon plays dirty, and the BS he told that Duke University conference recently shows the man is not only evil, he's stupidly so, as well. He's no SHARP LAWYER, not in the legal sense, as his own words prove. There's only ONE OTHER WAY he could have the power he does: CORRUPTION. I wouldn't trust the man to be honest or follow the law on a jaywalking case.

And you're right, Elle. Once I was hands down for victims pressing charges, going to LE. No more. The reality is that they have very little chance of getting a conviction even in the best of circumstances. Juries just won't convict. The victim gets trashed one way or another. The rapist gets a sense of empowerment in court, then. It's awful for the victim.

But I digress. I haven't had time to read Wendy's book yet, so thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. I haven't heard back from the little bird about if/when Wendy might do a chat here, so I'm guessing it didn't work out. Sorry to get up your hopes.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

He's not the only one, I can tell you that! The RST is really in a tizzy!

GOOD!

if you're thinking that Patsy herself was a victim of abuse, I can't say as I can disagree. Little things here and there...

20. Tez

Tez Member

Punisher, I can only imagine the RST is in a tizzy. Their beloved Ramseys and Lin Wood have been exposed for what they are! Jason Midyette was even mentioned in Wendy's book.

I didn't think I was really going to like the book, but once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I am so ashamed to be from Colorado right now. Haddon and Mackey are a disgrace to the legal community. Wendy said in her book if Colorado didn't have a rape shield law, the questions asked of the victim would have NEVER been allowed. How messed up is that? The poor girl didn't have sex after she was raped. The myth that she had sex three times in three days is bull. Her boyfriend's DNA and Kobe's DNA were found, no one else's. I can't believe that the judge allowed Mackey to run the courtroom like she did. He needs to be removed from the bench, POST HASTE!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice