New Boulder DA Stan Garnett

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I think this is GREAT news. Not that I dare to hope, but anything that changes from the prior DA's office can only be a good thing

Garnett may be trying to do the right thing after all. First a "task force" of sorts; now cleaning house from the prior department. Garnett knows that the Boulder DA's office will forever have a black cloud with the name of JonBenet Ramsey over their heads. Garnett would probably prefer to have NO black clouds at all within HIS department

We can only hope that Garnett either has justice as his goal, or even a big enough ego to want to solve the JonBenet Ramsey case. No matter his reasons; anything he does to further investigate this case is a good thing

The name of JonBenet Ramsey and the UNSOLVED status will always hang over the DA's head. I think credit for keeping her name hanging over the DAs office in Boulder belongs to the public, especially those on the forums who won't let it die down.

Even after 12+ years, the internet is still booming with posts, albeit rehashing most of the time, but keeping the case out there has more than likely been helpful to keep Boulder aware that they have an infamous UNSOLVED murder case of a six year old child.

Whatever.....I'm thrilled with ANY changes coming from that office.

Here's hoping

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I guess John Ramsey will be moving his 'investigative' office out of the DA's also.....don't think Garnett wants anything to do with team Ramsey.

Mary Lacy made the Boulder DA's office the laughing stock of the world with her Karr fiasco. Garnett wants to return integrity to the place.

3. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Barbara....

I strongly agree with everything you've just posted. And yes, here is to keeping the JonBenet case alive until this task force has a chance to do a REAL investigation....

Keeping the faith yet another year. :cand:

Voyager

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Barbara

Ah, Barbara, well said. I couldn't agree more; just hope you are right, as to Stan's motives and plans. Thank you or that interesting post.
    gl

5. Elle

Elle Member

Fingers crossed, Barbara! As the other posters have stated "Well said!"

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Amen to that! :floor:

I have no idea, Greenleaf, who in that den of iniquity was involved in the shameful machinations of Mary Lacy, or Alex Hunter, for that matter. But if they were there and didn't protest to Lacy personally over her irresponsible and unethical actions in the Ramsey case, time and again, then they have no business advocating for the People in Boulder, IMO.

As for Garnett, I'd like to believe he's a new era for DAs in Boulder...but I've seen way too much corruption there at this point to hope for much. When it comes to law enforcement in Boulder, I have become that most bitter of humans--a cynic. :censored: I just don't expect anything but silence on this case now.

I wish for once they'd prove me wrong.

7. koldkase

Well, maybe you're right! Oh, I'm afeared to hope.... :pirate:

All the years we've waited for this DA Office to bring anything LIKE justice to a child murdered in her own home at Christmas...only to be met with injustice after injustice, perpetrated by none other than THIS DA OFFICE!

ARRGH! :banghead:

Okay, maybe I've moved from cynic to fatalist...compliments of Team Ramsey.

8. koldkase

Well...you have a point. As I commented on this article at the BDC site, even if Garnett is a bad DA, that would be an improvement over Hunter and Lacy, corrupt to the core.

9. koldkase

Good points, Barbara. Dare we hope again?

I'm listening, I'm listening....

10. koldkase

Ah...the "task force"....

Wonder if they have exhumed the body yet?

Wonder if they're testing all the clothes, cord, and duct tape for "touch" DNA?

Wonder if they have that ransom note handwriting and linguistics analysis underway again?

Wonder if we'll ever know?

Faith. OH, that's hard to come by in this case. You may have to keep some for me, Voyager.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=16554

Boulder County DA: Restructuring finished

By Pierrette J. Shields
    © 2009 Longmont Times-Call

[snip]

Cribari joins Bryan Quiram, Lisa Hunt, Jessica Laskey, Chris Leh and Phil Davis, all of whom Garnett also dismissed. He announced this week four new hires to the office, but declined to discuss details about the individual personnel decisions he made, although he did say the departures are a mix of involuntary and voluntary staff changes.

“I am pretty much done with the restructure,” Garnett said Wednesday, adding that he still might make some internal personnel changes.

Garnett in January took over as Boulder County district attorney after running unopposed in November to replace former District Attorney Mary Lacy. He immediately added Ryan Brackley as first assistant district attorney and Chris Zenisek as assistant district attorney.

Letting go of the prosecutors is “part of a restructuring to help me more efficiently and effectively meet my vision for this office.”

[snip]

--------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope Garnett's vision includes undoing Lacy's damage to the Ramsey case with her worthless and extremely suspect "exhoneration." The fact that she refused to release the Bode Lab report for inspection or verification should be a red flag to everyone interested in justice.

Lacy also refused to answer questions about her dictatorial decree. She expected everyone to believe because she said it, it was true and the final word on the subject. That is an absolute joke, especially coming from the person who unleashed the John Mark Karr circus on the world.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think that is pretty standard procedure to bring in their own people...kind of like politics...you win...your peeps get to come with you and help run your house! Oh wait...with Boulder it is ALL politics!!!

13. Little

Little Member

Boulder DA aims to try more cases

Boulder DA aims to try more cases
    Restructuring part of goal to make fewer plea deals
    By Vanessa Miller (Contact)
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009
    BOULDER, Colo. — Boulder County’s top prosecutor has let attorneys go and hired “new talent†with the goal of taking more cases to trial and offering plea bargains to fewer suspects.

District Attorney Stan Garnett said he shared that goal with all 27 of the Boulder County prosecutors when he took office in January, and that, in part, led to the departure of eight of them.

Some prosecutors were terminated, Garnett said, and some chose to leave.

“Some people said that’s not a philosophy they’re comfortable with, and some just didn’t have the skills to go to trial,†he said.

Supporters of plea bargains argue that deals allow prosecutors more time to work on bigger cases, guarantee a conviction — even if it is for a lesser charge — and save the money of a trial. Garnett said there are advantages to plea deals, but he thinks “the benefits of trying cases and doing justice publicly and thoroughly and fairly outweigh any cost issues.â€

“We are funded by the county to do justice, and my job is to figure out how to do that best,†he said. “I think going to trial on the right cases is the best way to do justice overall.â€

Garnett gave three reasons for wanting more trials. First, he said, they’re more public.

“Everything is played out in the open,†he said, while plea bargains are more private.

Trials also offer the community — through juries — an opportunity to participate in the criminal justice process, and trials prepare prosecutors for big cases, he said.

“I want them to be courtroom lawyers,†he said.

Boulder County — with Mary Lacy as district attorney — has tried a total of 96 cases since 2005, Garnett said. That breaks down to an average of 24 cases a year.

read entire story here:
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jun/1...try-more-cases/

14. koldkase

Wow. My heart just skipped a beat. A prosecutor for THE PEOPLE? In BOULDER?

Okay, you made this up, didn't you, Little? ha ha What a jokester you are....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice