Parents surrender to authorities in death of baby Jason Midyette

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 8, 2007.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I don't think either of the parents' lawyers are with Hadden's firm. Molly's lawyer is named Truman, I think. Isn't he the lawyer whom Fleet White hired for something or other one time? (hahaha I'm right on top of things, aren't I?)

And may I add that THE PARENTS HAD SEPARATE LAWYERS PRONTO? Hmmmm.... That sounds SOOOOOOOOO familiar...?

One more thing about a grand jury: they only vote IF the DA instructs them to do so. If the DA doesn't tell them to deliberate/vote, then they don't. They may also write a group thingie...oh, shoot, let me find that info and just quit making myself look stupider than I already do.

And about the bail: different states have different laws about bail. Some defendants get no bail, determined by the judge because of the likelihood the defendant will flee or because of the threat the defendant poses to the community--like a suspected serial killer, for instance. I don't know what the law is in Colorado on bail, but I cannot believe for one minute that a man who did this to a BABY isn't a threat to the community. But you did notice in the bail set both defendants had to turn over their passports, agree not to get new passports, and have home monitoring devices to track them.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. Tez

Tez Member

I did notice the conditions of the bail KK. To me, it sounds like the Midyette's lawyers and Mary Lacy's office had a meeting before the Midyettes turned themselves in. Personally, I don't think either one of them should have been allowed bail. I do fully agree with you AM is a danger. Personally, I think his wife is in danger from him, but that's just a feeling I have. I wonder if drug testing and reporting weekly to a probation officer are part of the bond conditions? If not,they should be. IMO

I know that when the BTK was arrested in Wichita, he was granted bail of 10 million. However, if he would have been able to make that, the DA would have raised it up so high he couldn't have possibly made bail. I just finished a book about that and it shocked me that he even had bail set for him!

3. heymom

heymom Member

They have already done the plea deal.

If either of them get any time in jail at all, I would be very surprised. After all, they are suffering because their child is dead, aren't they??? (That's Boulder logic - kill child, run away, pretend to be suffering because the child YOU KILLED is dead, police and DA feel sorry for you and let you plead out.)

Money is being spread around like fertilizer as we speak. Alex Midyette's family will make this go away - what an embarrassment! But not an outrage, not a horror for the baby...just an embarrassment. No one has spoken up for Jason, not one stinking person from either family. If my kid did this I would be in front of the cameras damning him to hell, and asking to push the needle myself. Bastids all of them.

:rage:

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Greenie,

Great article. I can see it now:

Anger Management classes
    Drug Rehab
    Group Counseling
    INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING

AND HAIR CURTAINS WILL CALL IT JUSTICE!

Sorry, but I am a skeptic when anything criminal happens in Boulder!

Please, please, Lacy, prove me wrong!

6. Little

Little Member

I think Larry Schiller addressed the issue of plea bargains, pity for the perps etc. that seems to be the way that the Boulder DA's office and its representatives deal with things. I can buy that one, maybe two of them actually felt that way, but I'm more inclined think it's a lame excuse for being lazy and incompetent.

Little

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Great news!

Of course the parents turned themselves in and have or almost confessed Lazy has no choice but to take action. Good going for the Grand Jury doing Lazy's job.

Slap on the wrist, anger management counseling, perhaps a token few days in jail. No hard time for the Midyettes I'm afraid!

8. koldkase

I found some old posts at Purgatory on grand jury statutes and procedures. Some of them are just a fun stroll down memory lane...and remember that "Maddie" is mame:

9. Amber

Amber Member

KK, I think that whole post deserves a thread of it's own. It's fascinating for a non-American to see how your GJ system works.

From my reading of that post it seems clear Hunter decided not to take a vote or to act on a vote to indict. There is NO other explanation for the setting up of the task force..it's simple logic, surely? :thumbsup:
    That's huge!

Thanks for the explanations of the GJ WY and Cherokee ;)

What I meant was, these two baby killers did not surrender or turn themselves in because they felt bad and wanted to come clean...they did it because they no longer had a choice. Lacy probably said it will look better for you if you turn yourselves in....forgetting the fact that they initially went to the hospital lawyered up and refusing to speak to doctors let alone police.

10. koldkase

O'Reilly is ALL OVER MARY LACY tonight! It's awesome. A Denver attorney is on, saying Lacy is AFRAID to try the Midyettes for MURDER. O'Reilly is making a BIG DEAL out of Lacy waiting 14 months to bring charges against the parents, as well as the fact that THESE ARE NOT MURDER CHARGES, but child abuse charges and won't carry as much of a penalty as such.

A medical examiner is saying that this child was TORTURED and murdered and it's one of the worst cases he's seen.

Now they're talking about whether it will be a plea bargain. The Denver attorney is saying that the child abuse charges are equivalent to murder...or something.

O'Reilly then interrupted and said THIS IS A DISGRACE AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO LET IT SLIDE. heh

11. Amber

Amber Member

Go Bill!

We need to send him supportive emails.

12. Amber

Amber Member

There's an ongoing pattern here:

OJ Simpson - too rich and famous to be guilty or go to jail

Ramseys - too rich and too Christian to be guilty or to go to jail

Midyettes - too rich to be guilty or to go to jail

Paris Hilton - too rich and beautiful (subjective) to go to jail.

13. koldkase

One correction, Amber: Midyettes - too rich to go to jail. There's no question that they're guilty. No intruder, no drug mafia, no personal manager to take the fall, either. Just RICH.

Check this out: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/may/09/judge-orders-midyettes-be-tracked-gps/

How lucky the Midyette family children must feel. Bet they're hiding under beds everytime those monsters show up.

And I hope those are some BIG AND HEALTHY TWO YEAR OLDS. Preferably ones that can pick up a chair and level some karma when attacked.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  14. Amber

Amber Member

To you, I and any other sane normal person they have been guilty from Day one.

Initially they were too rich to be guilty for Lacy.

Even now they are too rich to be guilty of Murder (they are being charged with child abuse not murder?)

And by the time Lacy has flea bargained with them, they will not even be guilty of child abuse. How could they be guilty - they're rich!!

15. Amber

Amber Member

Speaking of OJ:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270879,00.html

I'd like to shake that guys hand :highfive:

16. Amber

Amber Member

From that link you posted KK

17. koldkase

Yeah, it looks like the fix is in. That must be what took 14 months. Both parents had the money when they turned themselves in yesterday to bail out immediately. Think about it. Not one night in jail. No arrest with handcuffs. Just stroll in, be processed, judge on duty, I guess, and right out again after fishing around in your pockets for oh...half a mil...three quarters of a mil...no prob.

And the judge is already sucking up to them: changed two restrictions of their bail: besides allowing them to torture family children more than 2 years old, they also won't be INCONVENIENCED by having to stay home, but instead only get some very expensive jewelry to track them...in case they...shop too much?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_5855910

18. koldkase

Candy is right here. And the bleeding heart wuss is WRONG: what part of 20+ bone breaks and fractures over weeks and a coup de gras FRACTURED SKULL does the DA NOT understand?

That baby weighed what, 10 lbs? What did Alex Midyette weigh? 200 approx.? Think about that. A grown man, 20 times as large as a helpless, weak, totally dependant infant...and the baby gets a short life of malnutrition, bone fractures, and a cracked skull.

How is that NOT MURDER?

19. tylin

tylin Banned

Did anyone else get a chance to catch OReilly? He was all over this story and all over Lacy. It was great! There was film footage of Haircurtains walking to her car and driving away while being questioned by a reporter.
    I tell ya, there are days when I could just pinch OReilly but tonight, I'd hug him.

20. koldkase

Yeah, tylin, most times, I just can't stand O'Reilly...but when he's going after child abusers and judges and lawyers who let them get away with it...he's just PEACHY! Like TONIGHT, for instance.

Here's another article that is some of the same, but a little more info. Beware, you will want to HURT SOMEONE when you read this:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/may/09/jury-indicts-midyettes/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice