Patsy Is Dead

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Kelly

Kelly Member

Patsy Ramsey

News Obituary Article

Mother of JonBenet dies at 49 of cancer

By ERIC STIRGUS

In the last years of her life, Patsy Ramsey lived under the worldwide media glare of personal pain and tabloid innuendo.

On the day after Christmas 1996, her daughter JonBenet, a 6-year-old beauty pageant winner, was found murdered --- beaten and strangled in the family's stately home in Boulder, Colo.

Even after the couple moved to Atlanta, the place of JonBenet's birth, the questions followed. Who killed JonBenet? What did her parents know about the murder? Did Patsy Ramsey kill her own child?

Amid the questions, Patsy Ramsey faced another challenge: ovarian cancer. Before dawn Saturday, Patsy, 49, died in her father's Roswell home, said the family's longtime attorney, Lin Wood. Her husband, John, was by her side, Wood said. The couple lived in Michigan but returned to the Atlanta area a couple of months ago as Patsy Ramsey's condition worsened.

Diagnosed in 1993, Patsy took an aggressive form of treatment that removed the cancer, Wood said. The cancer returned in January 2002, Wood said. Patsy wrote about her emotions on having ovarian cancer in a book about JonBenet's murder.

"I knew I was staring death in the face," she wrote in the book, "The Death of Innocence: The Untold Story of JonBenet's Murder and How Its Exploitation Compromised the Pursuit of Truth." "I wanted to be mad at someone for doing this to me . . ."

Patsy said she turned to her faith.

"We're going to beat this together, God and me and the chemo[therapy]," she wrote.

Funeral arrangements had not been finalized by Saturday afternoon. Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Homes in Marietta said it was handling the preparations. The Associated Press quoted a funeral home spokesman as saying Patsy would be buried next to JonBenet at St. James Episcopal Cemetery in Marietta.

Boulder police named the Ramseys as suspects. Although never charged in the still-unsolved slaying, they lived under suspicion fanned by television tabloid shows and supermarket tabloids --- even after a judge hearing a civil suit related to the case said the Ramseys were innocent. Wood recognized the suspicions had become Patsy's legacy.

"I think it's a tragedy," he said. "She's going to be remembered as someone who was falsely accused."

The murder remains an open case for Boulder County prosecutors. On Saturday, District Attorney Mary Lacy declined to discuss specifics about its investigation, but said the Ramseys had been helpful and praised Patsy Ramsey for her battle against cancer.

"They were 100 percent cooperative with our office," Lacy said.

Along with O.J. Simpson and the Menendez brothers, the JonBenet Ramsey case was part of the initial wave of made-for-cable TV news true crime stories. The Ramseys were successful and wealthy. Their daughter was adorable, with her bouncing blond hair and fancy costumes, smiling as she performed in beauty contests. The case was a mystery.

The Ramseys claimed they had no involvement in their daughter's death, eventually proclaiming their innocence in their book.

They filed a $65 million libel and defamation claim against a former Boulder police detective who wrote a book accusing Patsy Ramsey of murdering JonBenet and claiming John Ramsey helped cover up the crime.

On Saturday, Bill Wise, a Boulder prosecutor who worked on the case for several years, recalled counting about 100 Web sites devoted to the case. Most, he said, accused the Ramseys of some involvement in JonBenet's death.

In another legal dispute, the Ramseys had a measure of vindication when U.S. District Court Judge Julie Carnes wrote in a ruling that there was no evidence the couple had killed JonBenet. The more likely scenario, she wrote, was that the killer was an intruder.

Initially, Wise suspected someone in the family. Over time, he said, his viewpoint changed, primarily because DNA evidence found on JonBenet's body could not be connected to any relatives.

Wise never talked to Patsy Ramsey, but after hearing about her death, the now retired prosecutor thought about Patsy dying before her daughter's killer could be found.

"It's a sad thing," he said.

http://www.legacy.com/atlanta/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=18222889

2. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Don't know how I feel

If Patsy didn't have anything to do with JonBenet's demise, I would have thought she would have made a statement on her death bed...

Lots of people change wills, say things that they have kept inside...

Why didn't she say she had "no idea what happened to JonBenet"...very simple.

How can anyone say someone is a good Christian? Don't buy it. Many display things by acting....Patsy in my opinion talked but didn't live it.

3. Jazz

Jazz Banned

Well, I am not that emotional about any case of murder. It is not productive in the pursuit of justice.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

One account I heard on TV stated that before she died, Patsy asked everyone to keep looking for JB's killer. We all know how hard they were looking for JB's killer. :poke:

As far as the DNA goes, on the 1 in a billion chance that they ever come up with anything close to the partial DNA they have in the CODIS system, they still have to prove that person was in Boulder and in the Ramsey house THE NIGHT OF THE MURDER. It's also obvious that all the victims the Ramseys and their shady investigators threw under the bus in order to keep themselves out of jail did not match the DNA profile.

My brain gets confused trying to keep up with their dizzy reasoning. Susan jameson Bennett claims the DNA will "nail the killer." Overused as that term may be at the swamp, it's a pretty clear statement, even if it is poorly reasoned. The DNA will not identify the killer. It can only be of use as a piece of the puzzle - the whole of which is needed to convict.

Which brings me to the second part of my confusion. If, as the warped one at the swamp so clearly states in her faux law enforcement slang that the DNA will "nail the killer," why does she continue to allow her equally-warped members to accuse innocent men whose DNA does NOT match the sample in CODIS of killing JB? And, why hasn't that whiz-bang defective Lou Smit been able to prove his accusations against people like Gigax and others? If that DNA is going to be the magic bullet that NAILS THE KILLER, then why hurl nasty allegations against people whose DNA does not match? Just another example of the brilliant reasoning powers of the swamp queen and her cult. Not.

5. Jazz

Jazz Banned

And.....no one walks into an unlocked house in the middle of the night, wakes a child, tells her to take her stuffed dolphin with her, leads or (more probably, picks her up) her across the street from her home, opens and climbs though a window with the child, rapes her repeatedly and then buries her alive under the back deck.....and no one ever detects her presence...not even the dogs brought in by LE...until the ******* tells them where she is and how he did it.

Everything about the Jessica Lunsford case pointed to her family early on. Especially, when it was discovered that her GF had an arrest record of rape. And most of the male members of her family have a criminal history. But, none of her family were involved in her murder. It was John Cooey....right across the street and right under their noses.

Then there was; Polly Klaus, Elizabeth Smart, and many, many others.

Now, who would have thunk' it?

6. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Ditto... Need to :sleep: gotta work tonight.

:wave: VP, Ginja and the rest of Y'All who have been taking a break.

7. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Patsy Ramsey is Gone, Yet the Mystery Remains.

Yesterday, I learned (as did we all) that Patsy Ramsey succumbed to cancer at her father's home in Marietta, Georgia.

The mystery as to who killed JonBenet Ramsey continues.

There was no "deathbed confession" that we know of, no declarations made public (as of now) regarding Patsy Ramsey's final hours. No final words on the death of her daughter which occured almost one decade ago.

Nor is there any finality to JonBenet's murder. No justice.

I wasn't surprised to hear that cancer had claimed Patsy. Yet the "umbrella of uncertainty" surrounding the killing of JonBenet still haunts the Ramsey family in both life and death.

It is hard to believe that with Patsy gone things will become clearer. In any trial for murder of JonBenet, Patsy Ramsey would have been prominent in the execution of said case. From the first stonewalling, first flight to Atlanta, through press conferences and lawyers and television appearances, Patsy has been the prime figure in all ways in the mystery surrounding JonBenet's murder.

Now that Patsy is gone, it becomes more difficult to divine the truth in the JonBenet affair vis a vis jury trial.

Perhaps any information given from family or other sources after Patsy's death are even less reliable as one of the main figures in this case will no longer have a testimony in the matter.

This archetypical whodunit passes into an ever more enigmatic fog with the death of Patsy Ramsey.

There is no statute of limitation on murder...or mystery.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Trip Demuth Weighs in on Patsy's Death

Former prosecutor: Patsy Ramsey unfairly targeted

The death of Patsy Ramsey is a "terribly sad" end to a woman who most likely was unfairly accused of her own daughter's murder, according to the prosecutor originally assigned to the case.

"Unfortunately the evidence suggests an innocent person tragically lost her child, was targeted by police and spent the last few years of her life trying to defend her name," said Trip Demuth, former Boulder County prosecutor, on Saturday.

On the day JonBenet Ramsey's body was found, Dec. 26, 1996, DeMuth was assigned full time to the case. DeMuth and sheriff's Detective Steve Ainsworth, on loan for the investigation, found themselves at odds with the Boulder Police Department after they began supporting the theory that an intruder may have killed JonBenet Ramsey.

In the ensuing months, they often butted heads with the Boulder Police Department and were even investigated by the state for allegedly stealing secrets from the police department's $35,000 JonBenet Ramsey "war room."

In 1997, Boulder police believed someone gained access to a computer containing sensitive material in the case. CBI investigators seized computers at the homes of DeMuth and Ainsworth. However, a week later police said the war room's computer had suffered a malfunction and that a break-in had never occurred.

DeMuth and fellow prosecutor Peter Hofstrom were removed in 1998 after former Gov. Roy Romer suggested that "new blood" was needed in the investigation.

In April 2003, U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes of Atlanta ruled there is more evidence pointing to an intruder as the person who killed JonBenet, than there is evidence implicating Patsy Ramsey.

The 93-page ruling was the result of a civil defamation suit filed by freelance journalist Chris Wolf against the Ramseys, after they publicly named him as a possible suspect in their daughter's death

In the lawsuit Wolf claimed that Patsy Ramsey killed her daughter and was naming other suspects to shift attention away from her. To win the lawsuit, Wolf would have to prove that Patsy Ramsey was involved in her death.

Instead of proving Patsy Ramsey's guilt, however, the first judicial analysis of the case seemed to suggest she was innocent.

Shortly after Carnes' decision, District Attorney Mary Lacy issued a statement saying she agreed with Carnes' assessment. Lacy's announcement drew the ire of Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, who said in his own statement that he was not going to debate the weight of the evidence in the case.

DeMuth said Saturday that while the evidence suggests the Ramseys had nothing to do with the death of the daughter, a trained prosecutor never completely concedes "who didn't do it" until someone else is convicted in court.

Coming Sunday: B.J. Plasket weighs in.

http://denver.yourhub.com/Story.aspx?contentid=97872

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

One always has to look at the whole picture if one wants to draw comparisons, not just at some aspects.
    Do you know about any case where the perp left a dead child in the house together with a ransom note? A ransom note with which he would only have left behind additional evidence? A RN which he wrote in the child's home? A kidnapper who took the time to feed the child pineapple and then waited for an hour?
    A perp who placed duct tape on a dead child's mouth? A kidnapper who could not even tie a ligature which functioned properly? The list is endless and points only in one direction: that JonBenet was killed by a family member.

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

BJ "wieghs in?" That's priceless--is it a kilo?

11. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

All that "stage setting", rashomon...

...we have to ask ourselves, "What would be the motive of such elaborate stage setting."

Although the fact that "elaborate" was a defining character of Patsy Ramsey has weighed heavily in the speculation regarding "who and why."

Very funny, BobC...how are you? Witty as usual, I see.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Patsy Ramsey to be buried near JonBenet

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Patsy Ramsey to be buried near JonBenet

[/font] DENVER - Friends of the family have told 9NEWS that Patsy Ramsey will be buried next to daughter JonBenet in Atlanta. <script> if (LinkCount>0){ var linkselement=document.getElementById("links"); if (linkselement!=null) { linkselement.style.visibility="visible"; } } else { var spanElement = document.getElementById("links"); if (spanElement != null) { spanElement.innerHTML = ""; } } </script> Ramsey died at her home in Atlanta with her husband, son and other family members with her. Family friends confirmed her death to 9NEWS. Ramsey had been critically ill due to a recurrence of cancer.

Services will be held Thursday and it is undetermined if they will be private or public.

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=070860bf-0abe-421a-01cb-8c93983a226e&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

13. Watching You

You obviously don't think it's odd that the perp spent hours inside the house and left behind no trace of himself. And, please don't bring out the old tired DNA spin. I know better.

Sure, anyone could walk into an unlocked home. The Ramseys' home was not unlocked, though, was it. This unidentified-after-nearly-10-years perp supposedly wriggled down a cement opening, contorted himself to reach down and inside to open a previously broken (by Ramsey account) window, jumped into the basement, and laid in wait for the Ramseys to return home - all this without a scratch on his body or a hair being yanked out of his head or cutting himself on the broken window. What a magnificent feat.

Of course, this perp would have had to know that no one was inside the home at the time and that the Ramseys would indeed be returning that evening, at which time he could just sneak upstairs in that big house and silently steal JB from her bed, just knowing she would be silent while he did all this. Oh wait, I forgot the stun gun that he used to silence her. Of course, that defies all logic, since stun guns are extremely painful, and JB would have screamed her head off.

In order for the perp to have so much knowledge about the Ramseys' personal lives that s/he knew their schedule on Christmas day, s/he would have to be intimately acquainted with the family - at least, that's where logic takes me. Since every possible acquaintance and friend and relative of the family was DNA tested, even including JB's friends, and no match to the CODIS DNA was found among them, that sort of leaves out that scenario.

That leaves possible enemies who may have been stalking the Ramseys without their knowledge. But, all those possibilities were covered, too. The Ramseys threw out a few names of people who might carry grudges against them, but that didn't pan out either, leaving only a stranger abduction, who would not have that kind of personal information about the Ramseys' schedule that night.

All the could haves should haves and must haves whirling around within the Ramsey spin machine is just that. If one takes the time to reason it out, none of it makes sense, and that should be the first clue that something is awry in their myriad stories.

Nobody else came close, and nobody else could copy Patsy's personality that was so obvious (to me) in the note. Either Patsy's own sister (or mother, I can't remember which) stated that someone must have forged Patsy's writing in the note. What better acknowledgement than one from a member of her own family that the handwriting looked like Patsy's? And, how could a stranger forge her handwriting so that even her own family thought it looked like hers? How could anyone who knew Patsy do it consistently for three pages?

The reports I have read say the boot prints are not unidentified and could very well be Burke's. At any rate, it is impossible to date that print. It is useless as evidence, because it could have been there a very long time before the murder occurred.

That's your privilege.

I never said I knew with absolute certainty who killed JonBenet. I don't know if Patsy killed her. I do believe, after nearly 10 years of research and interest in this case, that what happened that night started out with someone's striking out in a rage, or going too far otherwise, and accidentally mortally injuring JB. A cover-up followed, because the death happened during the commission of a crime, even if her death was not intended. That crime may have been Patsy's finally losing it after a very stressful day and smashing her daughter's head against something in a rage. It happens. That is felonious child abuse. It had to be staged as something else, obviously, because they couldn't say Patsy accidentally killed her daughter when she clobbered her.

OR, it could have been JR who accidentally killed JB in some kinky sex game he was playing with her. Maybe another member of the family was involved in something that caused JB mortal injury. Whatever happened that night, it had to be covered up or someone would go to prison and the Ramsey name would be destroyed, along with all his millions. Nothing else explains the staging of the crime scene. The fact that JR destroyed the crime scene himself when he carried JB from the basement tells me he wasn't altogether sure he had done a good enough job staging the basement crime scene. Who could question a distraught father's actions, after all?

I don't know who did it, but I am convinced it was someone inside the house. Contrary to the official disclaimer, I have never fully ruled out some kind of accident happening involving Burke. I haven't ruled out a couple other members of the family, as far as that's concerned, but my main focus is on the three known surviving members of the family who were in the house that night.

You say that no family member has been arrested after nearly 10 years, but you don't mention the fact that no intruder has been arrested, either. All the Ramseys' investigators trying desperately to pin the death on an intruder have not been able to do so. It's not enough you think an intruder is involved - you think there may have been two intruders. That just boggles my mind - two intruders and no physical evidence they were ever inside the house. These guys are so good, they defy science.

My emotional (as you put it) state of mind was not due to the JBR case, although I've been known to get intensely involved in discussion of the case over the past 9+ years. I am not especially emotional over anything right now, but I do have some added pressure due to the illness and care of my elderly mother. After dealing with neglectful and arrogant personnel in the hospital all day (you know, the kind who don't answer the bell, so Mom pees her pants after having been given Lasix in the morning, and the aide thinks it's okay that she sits in her wet pants, creating urine burn, blah, blah, along with other issues), my fuse was running short last evening. I am ready to pull her out of the hospital, once again, and bring her back home where I know she'll get the care she needs from her family.

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Sounds like a Ramsey to me.........

"Well, I am not that emotional about any case of murder. It is not productive in the pursuit of justice."

Soooooooooo, let me guess........tricking the cops into believing your child was kidnapped is more productive regarding justice?!

Who left our FFJ door open?! Good Lord All Mighty......of all weekends.

RR

15. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hi Dunv--that was the single most evil statement I've ever made.

Anyway--how ironic that Jameson is calling us evil, when she was the one who stabbed her little friend in the back by selling police transcripts to the national Enquirer. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

16. RiverRat

Talk about Needing Help at The Swamp.........

Mame
    unregistered user
    06-25-06, 09:16 AM (EST)

58. "RE: Patsy Dead"
    In response to message #57

What a courageous woman Patsy was! I can't imagine what it took to fight such a horrible disease, and lose a child at the same time.

She was one of the most maligned public figures of our time. Due to the inept, unethical practices of Boulder's cops, Patsy endured a public witch hunt fueled by tabloids and a media looking to the bottom line...not justice.

Fortunately, a brilliant, unassuming guy named Lou Smit wouldn't stay quiet. His SCIENCE (to those smart enough to understand it) trumped them all and brought truth.

Bless Patsy, and her family for enduring such horrible pain.

:sadie: :wind: :mame:

How cute.....mame finally speaks the truth........now maybe she will tell all of us about what she did with the MysteryWoman Money before she blows a plaskett/gasket on her way back out. She was a flucking fake from Day One and for me to see her proving me right - once again - has made my day - Thanks mame!

Still Standing-
    RR

17. RiverRat

BTW Readers

The police department was given deceptive actions and words from the Ramseys- that's not bungling the case. Back to the Drama Momma.

RR

18. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

I started to write RIP Patsy...but realized that I'm not at all sure that Patsy has earned that right. I hope she made peace with her maker but I wonder. With all her public denial and lying, did she ever honestly confess to God what happened and receive his forgiveness? I really hope she did.

Despite Jameson's ridiculous rants, I never had anything against Patsy Ramsey. In fact, I always stated that, had I met her at a PTA meeting, I would probably have liked her. Sure, I'd have thought she was a little "over the top" at times, but I've known do-gooders like her and I've been able to get along with them and enjoy their zeal.

I never saw Patsy as a monster. But, her actions were monstrous. I KNOW she wrote the ransom note and I suspect she had a part in her daughter's death. But, I believe it started out as an accident and I believe it must have devastated Patsy to lose her little Showgirl Baby Doll.

Patsy's actions after JonBenet's death weren't pretty but they were somewhat understandable. We've probably all been in situations where we try desperately to back ourselves out of a mess we created and cover our a$$es - Patsy's was just a bigger and much more horrible "mess" than any of us will hopefully ever encounter.

But here's where I fault Patsy - while it's human nature to try to get ourselves out of a bad scrape, Patsy went way overboard in throwing innocent people under the bus. When I think of what she and John did to "friends" like the Whites and Santa McReynolds...and the list goes on... it makes me literally sick to my stomach.

Even Patsy's death doesn't make those heinous actions any more palatable.

I'm sorry Patsy suffered - in the same way I'm sorry for anyone who has to be ravaged by cancer.

I'm deeply sorry for her son Burke and all that he has had to endure in his very short life.

But in the end, I'm still the MOST sorry for JonBenet Ramsey who should've been able to trust the people in her own home to love and protect her, not viciously overkill her on Christmas night.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  19. Watching You

:floor: :floor: :floor: I'm surprised they let drama mama out of her padded cell long enough to post.

20. RiverRat

Soooo suma-me.....

Anyhows - back to the case that Suma attempted to cover-up........

Ryan Ross and his fantastic coverage for those with their eyes not quite open yet.

http://crimemagazine.com/solvingjbr-main.htm

In the course of the interview with Patsy Ramsey, prosecutors asserted that investigators had found:

Fibers on the sticky side of the duct tape John Ramsey removed from his daughter's mouth when he says he discovered her body in the basement wine cellar that are "identical" to fibers in the red sweater-jacket Patsy was photographed wearing at a Christmas dinner at a friends' house the previous day.

Fibers from the same type of jacket in the paint tray from which a brush was taken that was used to help fashion the ligature found around JonBenet's neck.

Fibers from the same type of jacket "tied into" the ligature.

Fibers from the same type of black wool shirt made in Israel that John Ramsey wore to the Christmas dinner "in" the panties JonBenet was wearing when she found and in her "crotch area."

:idea:

"The most notable mention of any of this evidence in the public record is in the book by former Boulder police Det. Thomas, one of the principal investigators in the case before he resigned in 1998. He writes that fibers from the jacket Patsy had been wearing were found to be "chemically and microscopically consistent" with four fibers found on the inside of the piece of duct tape John Ramsey found on his daughter's mouth when he discovered JonBenet's body."

:whipit:
    RR

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice