PatsyRamsey.com

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kelly, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

There are many examples of Patys' detached coldness. How could she say "coming to the end of my rope" when her daughter's life could have ended at the end of a "rope"? It's like putting up pineapple wall paper when her daughter's last meal was pineapple.

2. wombat

wombat Member

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and experience, Paradox. I will think about this some before I reply.

This brings up Patsy's wedding in my mind, which I used to think was just ugly (and mean to make her sisters to wear PLAID at a wedding), but now I think we can understand it depicted the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie:

Attached Files:

3. Paradox

Scottish plaid?

Wasn't Paugh a Mason?

Ramsay is Scottish, is Ramsey?

Muriel Spark was Scottish.

4. Elle

Elle Member

I watched it happen too! Of all the special soccer players, it had to be him. Unbelievable! Did you ever hear what was actually said to him by the Italian player? I have been busy with family and got sidetracked shortly after this World Cup game. I will need to check it on the net. :)

All three of my sons were soccer players for their high school and universities. We attended all their games. It's a fantastic game, but I digress. Zinedine couldn't contain himself when he head butted the Italian player. He will never be remembered for his fame. This was his last farewell. What a shame.

5. Carol

Carol Member

Elle, I know what Marco Materazzi said to Zidane that got him so angry: "Hey, give us back the Mona Lisa!"

6. heymom

heymom Member

I haven't heard exactly what was said - I don't think they have ever released it. It might be in the tabs over there, but I think it may have been suppressed. Doesn't matter really - he should have had more self-control than that. You'd almost expect something like that from one of the younger players, but Zidane is older and should have been wiser. I guess his testosterone just got the better of him. Very disappointing and now he will be remembered for his stupidity instead of his brilliant playing. I'm thankful that the Italian guy wasn't killed - he hit him square in the chest and might have damaged his heart.

The best player in the world today and he had to go and spoil it all. I wonder if any kids tried to imitate him...not a great role model...

Heymom :tsktsk:

7. heymom

heymom Member

Since we are already off-topic, here's a little video that a French guy did in parody of the head-butt. The title is "The Head-Butt Dance."

Coup de boule

Really funny. They are mocking Zidane and Trezuget.

Heymom

8. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

You can say what you want about the plaid, but I can't get over a woman getting married in a hat that looks like a cream pie adorned with fruit slices!
    :floor:

[​IMG]

9. wombat

wombat Member

Yes, Paugh is a 32 degree Mason.

One half of me is Scottish, and at the weddings on that side of the family the MEN wear plaid (kilts), not the women. These are some fun weddings when the dancing starts, by the way. American boys in kilts!!!

We do have an actual Scotswoman here on the forum...Yoo hoo Jayelles - is Ramsey a Scottish name? Paugh?

10. Elle

Elle Member

You really have two. I was born in Glasgow, Scotland. Have an Irish background, though :)Emigrated here in 1966. Yes, Ramsey is Scottish, and as you said, it's the men who wear the kilts. I have never seen a wedding in Scotland where any of the women wore tartan skirts. The men normally dress in a full Highland Regalia complete with the dagger in their socks. You have often see Prince Charles dressed like this.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Ramsey-red - ancient tartan

Attached Files:

12. Elle

Elle Member

Ramsey - red - modern

Attached Files:

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this BluesStrat. I have never seen this wedding photo before. As you can see, they did not choose the Ramsey tartan for the skirts. I can't see the fruit on the hat. I had to dim this flat screen. It was too bright. Now I have to lighten up every photo. I did lighten this one up, but still can't see the fruit. :) Weird for a wedding - right enough!

I know I'm a Senior, but my eyesight is quite good. :) I can't believe that is John Ramsey with a black moustache and beard. :eek:

14. wombat

wombat Member

Yes, this is what my cousins wear at their weddings, the whole nine yards. One of them is a champion American bagpiper, but they are all very into the Scots thing.

Regarding the high fashion ensemble Patsy wore at her wedding, I I I - just cannot talk about it. :eek: :yow:

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Not only that, but she talks about all the things she CAN'T CHANGE...and not once does she say I CAN'T BRING JONBENET BACK.

Guess in her list of important things BOTHERING her, JonBenet just couldn't cut it.

Why Nut, I also noticed that the first thing Patsy listed in MANAGING her life is "CAREER." "CHECKBOOK" is next.

16. koldkase

Now I'm going to lose a lot of cred here in the guttah...sigh....

I think the wedding picture is beautiful. What a novel and tasteful idea: plaid skirts. I think the sisters look really elegant in them, and I HATE just about EVERY BRIDESMAID DRESS I'VE EVER SEEN. They are always an abomination of color and style. But these just look very much like a clan event and that's about as Scottish as you can get in America. Nedra's contrasting black and white plaid works as well in this context to me.

And the pie on Patsy's head...her dress...I think she looks lovely. John doesn't even look so bad.

Sorry. I'm a fashion loser. Plus Southern all the way back to before the Civil War. And have Irish ancesters. Go ahead and throw your garbage scraps at me. I'm hungry anyway.

17. heymom

heymom Member

I was afraid to say it, but I kind of like the look too. It looks rather Christmas-y to me (shades of things to come?). I honestly wondered if this were Patsy's 1st husband and not John!!! I can't believe that is John Ramsey underneath all that hair!

Patsy really was beautiful in her day, in her own way, wasn't she. John is nothing special, so I can see how he felt lucky to get her.

Can you imagine him in a kilt?? Me neither. :sick: :no: :yow:

Heymom

18. koldkase

OH, I don't know, a kilt might have improved John. His defining characteristic seems to be "background."

19. wombat

wombat Member

oh, ladies....I'm so...sorry....

That costume looks like if you lifted up the back of her veil, her neck would be red!!!!

Come over here and let me show you this item we have up here in Yankeeland - it's called the black shift dress - go ahead, try it on! See, simple lines, flattering to your figure, can wear it anywhere...

For your wedding, look at this book called "Vera Wang"....

Anyhoo, I'm going back to the Jungian discussion. Less controversial than this.

20. Paradox

From DOI;

John and I hoped we could find a home in the Buckhead area, ...
    Too many of the places that we looked at touched raw nerve endings that overwhelmed me. ...
    I thought about that house on Habersham and what it looked like. Suddenly I saw both the outside and the inside of the house. The exterior was English Tudor, just like our house in Boulder. I had seen other houses with evidence of little girls around, but that had never been combined with the English Tudor exterior. My conscious mind hadn't seen the similarities, but my subconscious intuitively sensed the familiarity. That had started the panic attack.

Ya, she dabbled in the psych books.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice