Patsy's favorite pic of JonBenet

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Jun 4, 2006.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The picture of JonBenet on the back cover of the pb version of DOI is the one Patsy held up on the March 27, 2000 Larry King interview and said it was her favorite. Why do you think Patsy chose this particular picture?

-Tea

2. Little

Little Member

I don't know icedtea4me, why do you think she chose that picture?

Little

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

Wasn't that the one with her back to the camera, not a front view? Weird. Makes you wonder.

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Yes, it does make one wonder. I'd think that Patsy would've chosen one which shows JonBenet's smiling face, but she didn't. So, why did Patsy choose a picture of JonBenet facing away from her? Could it be because she doesn't want to face her?

-Tea

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh. That's an interesting theory, Tea.

I think she gave a reason in the book about why she loves that pic, didn't she? It's been so long, I may be wrong.

I still find Patsy's statement she made on some interview or other very telling, when asked what she'd say to JonBenet if she saw her now. Patsy said something like "Can we talk?"

Wha...?

Sounds like what someone who wants to make up after some kind of falling out would say, to me anyhow.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yep.

7. Little

Little Member

It's hard to tell what Patsy's reasoning was. It might be the "memory" of how they spent that day and that's why she likes that picture. It might be that she picked it because she thought it's what others would like. It might be that it's because that's how she pictures JonBenet now, peacefully looking out at the sky. Who knows.

Little

8. Elle

Elle Member

Excuse me Little, but who knows what the hell Patsy thinks is all I can come up with, relating to absolutely everything this woman does. With a mind like hers, working psychologically "all" of the time, and she was up all night on the 25 December, 1996, planning and scheming the cover-up. The sad state of affairs is that "she" got away with it.

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Does anyone have a copy of the picture? I can't remember it for the life of me.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Here it is, Tricia.

Attached Files:

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

Jmo too.

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hey Tea,

Any shrink would have a field day with the choice of this picture.

What mother would chose as her favorite picture one of their child with her back to the camera? OMG.

Again, another clue. You're right. Patsy doesn't want to face the daughter she killed.

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I tend to agree. Patsy said, in an interview broadcast on CBS, that she felt JonBenet had eyes that would "look through you into your soul." Given that Patsy is the only person to have characterized JonBenet's eyes as having that ability, it could be a mighty powerful indicator of, shall we say, discomfort with her own innocence that Patsy's favorite picture does not allow JonBenet to look through her into her soul.

14. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Come to think of it, perhaps there is a dual meaning to this pic. There's this story in DOI that Patsy relates about JonBenet appearing in a vision to her Aunt Polly the morning of the 26th. In the vision she is running through a field of sunflowers telling her aunt that she's okay. (I'm currently trying to locate it in the book.)

So, maybe the sunflower on the ponytail holder is a sign for Patsy that, despite everything, her daughter is okay but the turned back means she's unable to face her.

-Tea

15. Elle

Elle Member

This is just one picture of many pictures in "Death of Innocence" Tea. I counted 28 black and white photographs of JonBenét facing the camera, plus a few more as a baby, in the middle of both books hardback and paperback. I think the sunflower story could relate to this photo being special.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice