Pay Attention, Mary Lacy: Prosecutors are accountable for their actions

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 12, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

You have respect for the wrong man. You should respect the boys he condemned. He's a minion of Satan.

2. heymom

heymom Member

WTF??? Is he insane in addition to being evil??? I guess he needs further justice...Too bad Jesse and Al are only one-way racists...

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Here's a link to a great site that follows the developments in the Duke Non Rape Case--

http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/

Notice at the top of the page a DNA experts is saying that they found sperm samples from ("conservatively") at least 4 different males on the stripper--none of which came from the lacrosse players. And Nifong withheld this information from the defense and the media.

Evil.

4. heymom

heymom Member

This would be funny, if he hadn't just ruined innocent lives.

Through tears, Nifong said he tried to do “right,†the way his parents taught him.

Then his parents completely screwed up that job, didn't they?

And you know that when someone like this cries, it's only because he's gotten caught and punished.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

6. BobC

Heymom--what is absolutely astonishing to me is how Nifong thought he could get away with all this. He was losing a re-election campaign to a black woman at the time of this incident, so Nifong jumped on it and used it to get black votes.

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

JC, I think it was you that believed the young men in this case were guilty of raping this woman. Do you still believe that?

I am trying not to judge the young woman who made these false accusations, but it's hard not to when the sperm from four different men was found on her person. I also agree with KK that women like the woman in this case who falsely accuse men of raping them do a gross injustice to women who really are raped. I have no mercy on anyone who commits rape against anyone else, be it woman, man, or child. Victims of rape have a difficult enough mountain to climb in proving their rapes. They are almost always victimized again by the very system that is supposed to protect them. What this woman did could cause some future juror to doubt the testimony of a woman (man or child) who really was raped, and that just infuriates me.

It is my opinion that anyone who falsely and blatantly makes malicious and false accusations of rape, like this woman did, should themselves be arrested and made to face the consequences of their actions. I know for a fact there are women who will falsely accuse a man of rape just because he dumped her or for some other equally insane reason borne out of spite. Usually, the truth comes out when the woman can't keep her story straight or her anger burns out, but sometimes the charges stick. A woman who does this should get the same penalty that would apply to a rapist, IMMSO.

8. BobC

There was an argument over how much the strippers were to be paid--that is what led to the racial taunts. It may not be in that report--I read that a long time ago and if I recall correctly that version of the story came from the second stripper. She called Magnum's story "bullchit"--another thing Nifong kept to himself.

9. BobC

WY--This was not the first time Magnum accused men of raping her. I'm trying to remember the details--I think she accused her ex-boyfriend when she was younger. Anyway, Magnum's parents went along with the lies, making statements that Magnum's face was "badly beaten"--unfortunately pictures taken that night showed zero damage.

10. heymom

heymom Member

I completely agree, WY!!! She should be charged and tried. Then justice will have been served.

Oh, and one more tiny point - BobC said the report showed AT LEAST 4 different men's sperm was found on Magnum or in her bodily cavities.

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm not sure I said I believed that, but I surely would not have been surprised. I think what we all said was we'd like to see what came out at a trial. After reading the report, I don't think any of the three would have been found guilty.

12. BobC

HeyMom--she had sperm samples from multiple males in her rectum, mouth, underwear and "pubic region." Unfortunately none of the samples matched any of the boys she so viciously accused.

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Well, somebody screwed her, didn't they?

14. BobC

not "somebody"--somebodies. "Conservatively" 4 different males.

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, that's not quite the way I remember it, because you were definitely defending the alleged victim in this case and ready to hang the young men. I remember the discussion getting a little heated at times, because you still said you believed the victim in spite of evidence she was lying. It doesn't matter - you had your reasons for doing so, I'm sure. I was just wondering if you had any doubts, now.

16. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I remember getting accused of wanting to hang the young men, WY.

17. heymom

heymom Member

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

It is, and if memory serves, JC was the one to bring the story to the forum. We all have our first impressions of a case, and then we learn more information, so therefore, sometimes we change our minds.

Knowing how hard it generally is for the women to come forward, each case has to be weighed on the information relevant to that case and on its own merits. I think in the beginning, a lot of people said it was unbelievable just because the girl was a stripper, some of us wanted more information, and some felt like there was no rape. Who would have "thunk-it" that the prosecutor would come out lower on the totem pole than the strippers?

19. heymom

heymom Member

You are so diplomatic and kind, Moab. Some people still say they respect Nifong, even though he has ruined 3 young men's lives and put their families through hell. I would not be so kind.

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Sometimes you can respect the action and not the man! I certainly don't condone what Nifong did, except for taking responsibility for what he did do. The thing is, he is a disgrace to the legal community as well.

Look at Kobe Bryant who still says he was innocent...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice