Question for BobC

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sylvia, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I remember you visited the house some years ago. One of the things that came up was Fernie reading the ransom note from outside.

I just can't remember the outcome of your expedition anymore? I believe you said it was impossible to read the note from the outside, can you fill me in about this again?

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Howdy Miss Sylvia! I don't think I said that since I didn't know Fernie said he read the note from outside. What I did say was that the house is way smaller than it looked in the tabs and on TV and that not hearing a big commotion woulsd have been impossible. I actually looked through the window where Patsy called 911! Right as I looked a black cat came out of nowhere and hurled itself at the window, scaring the crap outta me and Masker! The cat followed us every step of the way around that yard--and we joked that it was the ghost of Jonbenet! I was praying it would spell out MOMMIE DID IT in it's litterbox but alas that never occured.

If you go to Boulder, everything suddenly makes sense. All the bizarre theories and sex rings and foriegn terrorist factions instantly seem even more completely ridiculous than they did before. This was an inside job.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I can’t exactly remember where it was written, but Fernie said he read the first lines of the ransom note before he entered the house. Only I have a tremendous problem with it, first I thought it would be impossible to read it from outside the house. Second, I believe that by the time he came, the note was already in the possession of French or Reichenbach. I will have to go to all my files to find Fernie’s statement. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I just got the feeling there is something wrong with Fernie’s statements and behaviour. Only just aren’t able to figure out what exactly is bothering me about him.

There is no doubt in my mind that is an inside job, I never believed any of the bizarre theories of foreign terrorists, sex rings and other idiotic theories.

LOL….LOL….You scared by a cat? Now that is funny, since you have such a furry ball at home too! :rolling:

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Found the reference, it was in PMPT:

5. BobC

I think "startled" is a better word!

So Fernie said he could read the note from outside. Sounds a little far-fetched but I suppose it's possible.

6. Elle

Elle Member

I remember being very suspicious about John Fernie when I came across this information too, Sylvia. Not easy to read a note on the floor through a window. I would like to know the distance from the note which "supposedly" was under the hall light, with Ramsey on his knees reading it.

With any intelligence, the very opposite action should have been taken. Bringing the paper closer to the ceiling light, with Ramsey standing up reading it. Something far far wrong with this picture.

7. sue

sue Member

Those things have also always seemed suspicious to me too. John Fernie reading the note thru the window sounds difficult, especially as (according to PMPT) it was not facing him.
    I guess if JR had left the note in place on the steps and tried to read it there without disturbing it, that would make more sense. But, I think the human reaction would be to pick the note up and take it someplace where you could read it better (without worrying about whether or not your fingerprints were getting on the note in the process).

8. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I have been always suspicious of Fernie, through the whole story there have been thing that were bugging me. I don't know exactly what things at this moment, because I would have to do some research again for that.

And that reading of the note....just keeps bothering me.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I actually believe the note was there from the beginning. I don't believe it was ever placed on the staircase. I also do not believe they ran through the house with the note. The lack of their fingerprints on the note is what makes me believe that.

10. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

But it what not facing him, the note I mean, so he had to read it upside down.

Thought so, btw how your furry friend doing?

11. sue

sue Member

Well, I don't believe the note was ever on the staircase either (because I think the Ramseys wrote it and just said that it was found there). But Patsy has said the staircase was where she found them. I'm not an expert on fingerprints, but I think there are a lot of factors involved in whether or not fingprints would be found on paper or not. From what i have read, it's not unusual not to find fingerprints on paper items.
    PMPT paperback edition, page 77
    "...After doing this bit of laundry, she continued down the spiral staircase to the first floor. As she reached the bottom, Patsy saw three sheets of paper spread across one of the steps.
    Patsy said she didn't remember but must have stepped over the papers, and police forensics later confirmed that no one appeared to have stepped on the ransom note. At the bottom of the stairs, she turned around and, without picking up the papers, began to read them.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Right, Sue! Never happened! Patsy said John took the note over to the light and spread it on the floor. Who in their right mind would do this?

Everything the Ramseys state they did has too many holes in it.

13. DocG

DocG Banned

Yeah, Sylvia, Fernie has always puzzled me as well. First of all, according to some reports he was on the scene at 6AM. Since Patsy supposedly called 911 around 5:50, and only afterward called her friends, he'd have had hardly more than a few minutes to talk with Patsy, get dressed, get in his car and drive over there. His bizarre claim that the police should have noticed his footprints is consistent with the notion that he actually arrived before THEY did. OR was there all along? OR was called BEFORE 911 was called? Is that possible? He claims he saw the "butler door" open as well. John told at least two cops that he'd checked all the doors and they were locked. And the police then double checked and found nothing suspicious. So what gives with this guy?

If he arrived after the police got there, then so what if they ignored his footprints, their observations regarding prints would have been made before his arrival. Same with the Butler door. What he saw was probably a door the cops had opened. His observation would have been meaningful only if he'd arrived or was already there prior to the arrival of the police.

So his claim to have read part of the note through the door is just one of at least three different VERY odd claims this guy has made. What's WITH him? Is it possible he'd been there all along?

14. BobC

The Fernies and other witnesses in this supposed-to-be-case changed their stories often, which is one of the biggest problems the police had. I suppose we'll never know, but my guess is Fernie, like others, embellished his story a bit to make it seem more exciting than it really was.

15. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Sue, she told so many different stories about reading the ransom note and taking it upstairs. She even at one time claimed she didn't touch the note. And there was a partial fingerprint on the ransom note.

Steve Thomas book:

16. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

That is one of the things that bugged me too. But he changed his story so many times that I know no longer what is true. I even wonder at times if he hadn't already been informed the previous day. There is just something about this guy I can't put my finger on.

According to his initial story the butler door was closed. And he definate arrived after French that morning.

Honest, DodG, something is wrong with this guy, only if I only knew what. Have tried so many times to figure it out, but just can't find the answer to it.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Bob remember they didn't go to the Fernies that evening to deliver the gift, as they claim it would take too much time and they had to get up early. Yet this guy claims to have arrived at the house shortly after French. So how the hell did he do that?

18. BobC

I just can't answer that. Maybe he can teleport!

19. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

ROFL :cheerful: Beam me up Scotty! :beammeup:

I wish he would teach me how to do that, sure can use that way of transportation now. LOL

20. DocG

DocG Banned

Since as we know Patsy and John are lying, and Burke is probably still self-exiled to Nintendoland, anything could have happened that night. Maybe they went to the Fernie's after all. Maybe something happened there that shouldn't have happened. Maybe Fernie was on the scene a lot earlier than 6 AM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice