Rachel Cooke - A Father's Daily Journal

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Mar 16, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

A new design

I may order some of the following design of bumper stickers. The lettering may be too small to read.

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Very nice designs.

Bumper stickers are a good idea. Posters stay in one place. Bumper stickers move around. Do you know any cross-country truck drivers who would help by using them?

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

RC

Good Idea Lurker has for over-the-road trucking companies...I can approach Simon Trucking who has a hub in SLC for the Western US, and we should hit Roadway, and ETMF, North American Van Lines, and all of the larger freight lines.

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Bumper stickers

RC, I really like the new one you are considering!

Lurker and Moab, great ideas. Let's get Rachel's picture out there!

5. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Truck drivers

I really like the idea for placing Rachel's bumper stickers on cross-country trucks LurkerXIV. Thanks for checking wiht Simon, Moab. I will have some people contact the others.

We have a lunch wagon company here that put Rachel's flyer on the back of all 75 of their trucks. We have seen them around here put if the trucking companies will allow it, they could take Rachel's story all over the USA.

Lori Bible and I decided to replace the Help find Rachel Cooke with Remember Rachel Cooke on the next batch of stickers. That is our new solgan.

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The Club

I was asked to document the speech I made last week to The
    TEXAS LEGISLATIVE CAUCUS FOR MISSING AND EXPLOITED
    CHILDREN.

The Club, by Robert Cooke

When I first met Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch, he told me my wife Janet and I are now in a special club. It's a club no one wants to join. It's a club of sorrow and grief. It's the club of parents and families of missing children.

The club is full of emotions. There is anger at the person who took your loved one. Frustration exist from trying to convince law enforcement your daughter did not leave on her own. In our case, there is additional frustration because we were turned down by more than two out of every three agencies because Rachel was 19 when she disappeared, two years older than most agencies accept. For you see, in the missing person world, the value of a human life decreases at age 18.

Many sleepless nights occur in the club. When you are able to sleep and you awake, you wake up to a reality far worse than any nightmare. The guilt is overwhelming. Why was I not there to protect her? Why didn't I teach her how to protect herself? I am her father; it was my job to protect her.

The worst feeling of all is the helplessness. What can I do? What haven't I done? We've posted thousands of flyers and passed out bumper stickers and buttons, but nothing has brought Rachel home.

Well, I say it's time to reduce the membership drive for this club. It's time to teach our kids to be more aware of their environment and how to protect themselves. It's time to keep sexual offenders in prison and if they are paroled, monitor them closely. We need to train law enforcement to better differentiate between those who left on their own and those who might have been abducted. We need to have alerts in place that cover all ages of missing persons. We need to bring our missing loved ones home and put the lowlife animals who take them in prison and keep them there.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

BRAVO RC...and I totally agree...that specific club should have 0 members...

9. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Darrell LaMoure

Here are a series of pictures of Darrell Lamoure's NASCAR.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2002
  10. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

NASCAR

A close up of the hood. (bonnet for Angel)

11. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

NASCAR

Pit stop

12. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

NASCAR

On the track.

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Thanks for keeping

us up to date, RC. This must all just be surreal to you and your family, I can't even imagine. Thankfully, there are people who are willing to help.

14. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

NASCAR Pics

A closeup

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

How long will Darrell keep Rachel's picture on the car (was it just for the one race?)

Also you didn't tell us if Darrell won or not. He certainly deserved to.

16. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The race

Darrell came in 15th place out of around 30 cars that finished. Around 10 of the cars wrecked or dropped out fro mechanical. reasons.

Usually the picture is on for just one race. There are a lot of missing people out there.

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Thanks for the update. Maybe all of the NASCAR drivers will follow Darrell's example in the future.

18. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

19. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

The collage is absolutly beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

RC

That is certainly spectacular, but what does it say? I can't read the words.

What a wonderful tribute to Rachel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice