Rachel Cooke - The Search For Rachel Phase II

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Feb 4, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Blazing a trail

Some areas are more difficult to access than others yet there are reasons to check them out.

Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Grace is said

and lunch is served once again by Todd and Ashley of Express Gourmets. These folks are super and so is their food.

www.expressgourmets.com

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

So yes, we eat

and then we head back out for an afternoon of searching. When the teams come in for lunch everyone is mighty hungry and the brief break is much appreciated. The day started with a 9 a.m. meeting and ended close to 6 p.m. That's a lot of acres covered.

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Around or through?

Sometimes the decision is made simply by the terrain. If a searcher can't get in it is assumed that an abductor can't either.

Once again, we know where Rachel Cooke isn't.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Special Request

As you keep Rachel and the Cooke family in your prayers, please add Tony A. Tony is facing some serious medical problems. Tony has been the focal point of mapping out the search for Rachel.

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Warmer weather

One of the things I forgot to mention about Saturday's search is the fact that we ran across a rattle snake. As warmer weather approaches we will have to be more cautious about this type of danger. I for one will be making sure I wear my higher boots if I am going to actually be searching.

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Body found

They found a body near Lake Travis last night. The radio is saying it's too tall to be Rachel but I'm waiting for official word from the Sheriff's office.

8. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Body Found

I finally got the official word 12 hours after the media announced it that the body was not Rachel. It is a male body that is taller than Rachel.

RC

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Our thoughts and prayers were very much with you and the family during the long night of waiting for more news on this recovery. One family will now have closure though not the type of closure we would have preferred.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

04/06/02 Search for Rachel

The search for Rachel was short today but an area Robert really wanted covered. Once again, we know where Rachel isn't but that is important too. Sorry, no pictures today. It was raining when we started out but cleared up for us thank goodness.

Hopefully RC will also post updates on the Run/Walk. Sponsors are shaping up nicely.

Texas Equuasearch will be coming back for another major effort. I am not sure of the exact date for this so will leave it to RC to keep us updated on this news.

Texas Equuasearch has really stretched their budget to the limit. They are looking at different fundraisers, but in the meantime, if you'd like to help this worthy cause donations are gladly accepted. Memberships are another way to help with the funding of this group.

For more information you can check their website:

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice