Rachel Cooke - The Search For Rachel Phase VI

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Jun 30, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

not the same one

Rachel went to Geogetown High School in Georgetown, TX and Mesa Junior college in San Diego, CA. It must be a different Rachel.

2. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Next Search Saturday August 17

The next search for Rachel will be Saturday August 17. We will meet at Faith Lutheran Church at 8:00 a.m. Faith Lutheran is 2.4 miles west of I-35 on Williams Drive in Georgetown. The search should be complete by 12:30 p.m.

3. Kelly

Kelly Member

If only private property could be searched. I have had such a strong feeling since I first started reading about Rachel that she is within about 25 miles of her home, but I feel she is being kept somewhere on private property. I've also had a strong feeling that she will be found approximately 7 months after her disappearance.

I hope my expressing my feelings about Rachel's whereabouts aren't upsetting to you RC since they are only feelings, but it comes to my mind daily and I check in on your journal and this site daily. My thoughts continue to be with you and your family.

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Kelly,

If your intuitions are right, perhaps Rachel will be found during the August 17th search. I will say some special prayers that day for a resolution to this case.

I've been wondering how long a drive it is from Georgetown TX to Baton Rouge LA, and if the Texas disappearances could be related to current cases in La. But from what I've read, the MO of the Baton Rouge suspect is to go into the homes of the women.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lurker

It is unknown if Rachel actually made it into the house or not. She was last seen approximately 200 yards from the Cooke house. IMHO, the presumption has been she didn't enter the house because there were no signs of struggle inside the house but that does not mean the creep wasn't waiting for her inside. There were no signs of a struggle outside either.

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks, JR

...for clearing that up. He could have been lying in wait for her. It's such a nice neighborhood...do the residents leave their doors unlocked during the day?

I hope RC has a successful meeting with the authorities. He mentioned on another thread that he plans to bring up the cases in Houston and Baton Rouge. Could be the same perpetrator.

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lurker

Doors, gates, garages and so on were all left open and keys were left in ignitions in this small, "safe" town until Rachel was abducted. Her abduction has caused many of us to be far more cautious.

8. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

Tomorrows search

I am ready for tomorrow's search. I have rounded up a few more friends to come along, not as many as I was hoping to round up. Hopefully there will be a good turn out tomorrow.

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

KB,

How did the search go today? Is it still raining down there?

Thanks for looking for Rachel. Her case is bugging me, like Chandra did, and the Lisk sisters. Wish I could do more than just sit at a computer studying the case. God bless all the searchers for all the missing children and adults.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Cooke search - Saturday August 17, 2002

With all the rains we have had, Georgetown Lake's water line has changed so the search today focused on the area where the water line has been and down to the actual water line since clothing or other items could have washed ashore while the lake was up.

We were very blessed today in that we had 18 searchers initially with a 19th searcher who came later. Thank you KB and Shyshi5 for getting your friends involved.

Preparing to line up for the grid search.
    Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lake line

RC took the actual water line. He is heading back from the dam on the second pass through this area.

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lake line II

The going got a lot tougher as we moved away from the dam.

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Grid-line

The grid line re-grouped when we reached the dam.

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Brush

All heavy brush was carefully checked to make sure nothing had washed up into it since the water line actually covered a lot of it during the heavy rains.

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Each direction is checked because sometimes something is more visable by turning back.

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Today was very warm with high humidity. We took a break mid-morning down by the water where there was a cool breeze.

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

After a brief break it was right back into the scrub.

18. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

We found it interesting that someone had dumped several bags of cement in this out of the way place.

19. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC saw a snake but I missed getting a picture because it went under a rock before I could get over there. We also found a cave and these two went down into the cave to clear it. This shot was after we all headed back to where the cars were parked and they rejoined us, filthy but sure the cave was clear. The gentleman is holding a snake hook by the way.

20. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

We eventually reached an area so thick with scrub that RC decided we simply couldn't go any further on foot. There was discussion of a couple of canoes being brought in to search the rest of this side of the lake.

Back at Faith Lutheran Church, RC starts the debriefing forms that are always filled out once we complete a search. Once again, we bagged a couple of items to be handed off to the Sheriff's Office but I think we are confident Rachel is not around the area of the lake we were able to search today.

After we completed the debriefings, RC, Lanny and I went to Salado to check out a couple of things.

Nearing 8 months, we know a lot of places Rachel isn't. It's time that we get a solid lead so we can determine where Rachel is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice