Rachel Cooke - The Search For Rachel Phase VI

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

Search for Rachel Show contacts

Jr...RC...
    May be if enough letters are written to the shows I am about to tell you then maybe the topic will be picked up by one show or another.

I did write to the Oprah Whinfrey show....Larry King Live show...Can't see how the King of Talk could possibly turn down my letter about Rachel.. Let's all say a prayer this will happen.

What a hot day for searching for Rachel... I melted before my ice water did in the heat. Next time I'll bring a lot more bottles I have filled and frozen.
    You never know where one may end up when searching with BOB... that's for sure. What an adventure! But there was a nice brezze for the most part.

2. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

Hello

Hello all. The search this weekend was a hot one. I left feeling the affect physically and mentally. I feel so much that Rachel is ready to be found. I have only been involved with the organized foot searches for a short time but I can truly say from the bottom of my heart that everytime we go out there I want so much for us to find her and bring her home to the people that love her. I am sure that feeling is magnified 100 fold for those of you and the Cookes that have been searching for much longer.

I am ready for the next search!! I am not sure I will be able to round up many more folks but I will always continue to try.

3. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Shyshi5,
    Thanks for contacting the shows. Tricia is working on the also daytime talk shows. Perhaps those might lead to 20/20 or another prime time show.

KB,
    The sun wiped me out on Saturday. We were wise to quit at 11:30. Lanny, JR, and I did some recon after that. As soon as I got home I grabbed a shower and a nap.

4. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

RC

Yeah, I was nap bound as well.

I for one would be up for starting earlier (like JR mentioned) now that it is getting hotter. There is pretty good daylight by 6:30/7:00. I guess you might be concerned about fewer searches at that hour though. Maybe we could do a two phase search. Plan a small area for a small group around 7 then have someone meet 8:00 searchers at the church, combine the two groups for a larger area after that.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

The search for Rachel Cooke - Saturday, 24 August 2002

Today's search took us back out to the lake where we searched the South side of the dam area between the old and new water line.

Seven walking searchers covered about a 1 1/2 mile stretch by making 1-3 "sweeps" based on what needed to be covered between sets of markers. There was some pretty rough footing in some places and other areas that couldn't be accessed at all, which brought up discussion of canoes again.

Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

The new water line

RC took the water line along the lake again for the first half of the search.

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Walking the new water line

The further the team went, the craggier the area near the water line got so eventually,a couple of other searchers gave RC a break allowing him to walk on the flatter old water line as they moved up and down the inclines near the lake.

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Area of interest

One area of interest was to check carefully where all the driftwood and other assorted items came to rest at the old water line.

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Laws of Nature

Sometimes you find common things in the strangest of places.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

KB

Here is KB carefully checking in and around the driftwood at the old water line.

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Snake territory

As odd as it may seem, this area was under water a couple of months ago. The tall grassy areas like this is where a searcher really wants to be cautious and make a lot of noise so the snakes here you coming.

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Tall grass

Areas of tall grass can be intimidating to the newer searchers but our friend Marie has been on a lot of searches and is seemingly fearless.

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Super finds

One of the searchers found a perfect arrowhead today. The picture does not do it justice at all.

We now have have more area covered where we know Rachel isn't.

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

After the search

KB and I headed for the local H.E.B. for a potty break before going back to Faith Lutheran for the debriefing. The Georgetown Police Department was holding a Child Safety Awareness presentation there. Literature on awareness and school items were being distributed to families as the entered the store. The kids also got to take a tour of an ambulance if they wanted to.

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Child Safety Awareness

Magnets, frisbees, note pads, crayons and so on were distributed to the kids.

The Emergency Services of Georgetown does a lot of things to maintain their relationship with the local kids - something I applaud them for.

16. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

Canoes

Good News:
    Howard Barnett of Zilker Park Canoe Rentals has agreed to let us borrow 6 canoes for Saturdays search.
    This kind gentleman did not hesitate to contribute the canoes once he heard what it was for.
    It warms my heart that there are such generous people out there.

17. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Thanks KB

Thanks for taking the lead on this KB. I have but out a call for experienced canoers. Hopefully, I can round up five others to man the other canoes.

We still need one or two power boats to coordinate the searches. Those 2 mile radios don't always travel that far.

18. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Suggestion - call Kay. She mentioned that they had a canoe and I believe one ski-jet. Perhaps they also have a power boat?

19. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Power boat lined up

I have one power boat lined up and if I don't hear from Kay, I will call her. She is on the e-mail list.

Grandpa and I will pick up the canoes Friday night. My brother is coming to the search also. He's an eagle scout and is an expert canoeist.

20. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

Rain

Rain Rain stay away come back again some other day.

I hope it doesn't rains Saturday morning....We will have to watch for Sharks and Jelly Fish in the water....lol...just kidding. But I do hope the rain comes later in the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice