Rachel Cooke - The Search For Rachel Phase VI

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Jun 30, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Rain, no problem

The rain won't hurt you, if there is no lightning.

I have 6 canoes, 12 paddles, and 23 life vest ready to go and some other people are bringing more boats.

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Today's search

The scheduled search today was cancelled because it was too windy to have canoes on the lake.

Hopefully, the generous folks who loaned us the canoes will let us have them again next weekend if this storm has moved on. We are suppose to get 4 days of rain though.

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Cooke search - Sat. 21 September 2002

It felt much cooler while searching today. Actually, some of us started out the morning with a sweater on. Grandpa said the bank thermometer said 55 degrees when he passed it. It did warm up fairly quickly though as we have a predicted high of 89 degrees for the day.

Waiting for the gridline to form.

Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Searching

Wonder how many square miles we have now covered.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Snake hooking Marine

With all the rain we have had the past few months, the grass is very high. Our two favorite Marines are always prepared though.

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

It pays to be tall sometimes

The grass actually turned out to be a lot of ragweed and hence, folks with allergies spent the morning sneezing.

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Hmmmm...

We now know where the kids hide out to "tag." You don't see much of this around these parts though.

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Crossing the road

We began the search at a strip along the frontage road to I-35. Some of this area is being developed now for a new mall.

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Crossing the creek

By the time we got to this area we didn't have to worry too much about staying dry. The grass was so wet this morning that everyone was pretty soaked (at least to the knees) by the time we crossed the creek.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

More crossing

It seems we did a lot of crossing roads and creeks today.

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

One piece of evidence bagged...

One of the Marines found a running sock.

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC's stinky find

This was a rather concerning find and a classic example of what we are searching for.

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Carefully opened...

Once we carefully had the tarp opened we discovered that someone chose this method to dispose of a dog.

I wasn't sure RC was going to keep his breakfast down between the smell and the maggots but he did quite well.

Forensics can be hard to deal with at times.

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Cousin Lanny

Was a flower child today. We saw several varieties of wild flowers while searching. I think both Lanny and Marie collected flowers.

A lot of searching and we still don't know where Rachel is. It is time we get a break and bring Rachel home.

15. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Great Pictures

Great pictures JR.

I got into some poison ivy, but I washed it off and Marie gave me some spray stuff that worked great.

That's two more areas that we can cross off the list

16. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

Rally

RC, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers more than usual since I heard the news about Elizabeth yesterday. I hope and pray that Rachel is found very very soon.
    I appreciate the Smart family encouraging people, government and law enforcement to step up to the plate and do what needs to be done to help our missing. Like other posts here I also beleive there must be something us local folks can do to light a fire under the feet of the folks investigating Rachel's case. I know it is important for you to maintain a working relationship with the law enforcement and maybe a maneuver such as a big RALLY IN FRONT OF THE GEORGETOWN POLICE STATION may not be the best for you to attend. However, I know of several people that would be willing to make it happen and make it happen fast while this news is still "news". It might gain some press and add some pressure to the people that promised you a task force. Politicians don't want bad press and if there is a group of citizens on the front steps of the police station publicly demanding a new "gesture of commitment" from politicians to Rachels investigation....maybe something will come out of it, they will want to save face and keep a good light on them selves. In turn maybe Rachels case will get the Task Force promissed.
    What does everyone think....is this do-able with out jeopardizing the working relationship RC has with the investigators?

17. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Pick the right location

Make sure to go to the Williamson Country Sheriff's Office if you do anything. The Georgetown PD is not involved.

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Re: Rally

KB...I gave my opinion, which isn't very high, on another thread, but I would say "make it happen"...RC has been promised a lot from the Sheriff...especially about the task force and that was almost a year ago...where is it? The good ole boy hasn't started it yet...he was forced to say he would to save face, and then he has done nothing...the working relationship hasn't produced anything so far, and the task force was never set up...I'm with you...I say plant your butts on the front steps of the police station, but make sure you call the press ahead of time so they are there too.

RC has done an extraordinary job of keeping the faith and keeping Rachel's picture out there...he has every right to expect the sheriff to keep up his end of the deal as well...and in my opinion, the sheriff has failed RC and his family miserably.

19. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

Rally On

KB and RC.....THis si a wonderful idea...I haven't heard from the Govenor's oofice about my letter I think it may be time to pull together and ash others here to write his office and we form the Rally at the Williams County Sheriff's Office. If you need help planning or if not just let HUmanity and I know when and we'll join in force to fight "City Hall" so to speak.

20. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Sheriff's Office Responds to Montel Show

Williamson County Sun March 2, 2003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice