Ramsey Case Returned to BPD!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Feb 2, 2009.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

The killer gerbil he's trained to lie still on his head!

Man, I am SO happy!

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'm with you, Shadow. I can't stand Nancy Grace. Her despicable actions towards the Duke Lacrosse lynchees were bad enough, but as far as I know she's never apologized.

3. AMES

AMES Member

Nancy Grace Transcript from Feb. 2, Show

Here is the NG Transcript from last nights show...I snipped the portion about little Caylee Anthony.

GRACE: Straight out to Jean Casarez with "In Session." Jean, the case is reopened?

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION", COVERING STORY: That`s right. The district attorney that just took office a few days ago is actually handing it back to the police department. They will convene a task force to look at basics. Police notes from way in the beginning to discover and try to find out who killed JonBenet Ramsey.

But I think, Nancy, the revelation here, I think, comes from new DNA evidence uncovered midyear last year.

GRACE: And what are you -- what DNA evidence are you referring to specifically?

CASAREZ: Well, let`s talk about 1997. They did find DNA in the panties of JonBenet Ramsey, an undisclosed male DNA. That was thought it could have been the person that put the panties together in China, but last year, nuclear DNA testing of touch DNA testing was done and found DNA on the side of the long johns on both sides that was identical to the DNA in the panties.

GRACE: You are seeing new photos we have just obtained of JonBenet Ramsey and the crime scene.

To Rupa Mikkilineni, our producer on the case, what can you tell us, Rupa?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: About the evidence, Nancy. You`re talking about these photos, for example. There`s -- a lot going to in this case and this is what`s so frustrating to prosecutors as well as the police department.

As you know, they made an announcement today. They will be working jointly, formulating a task force of about 20 people that will be revisiting all of the evidence, all of the records in the case. There`s some chance also that now with newly available technology they will be able to revisit actual evidence that they weren`t able to process before and maybe look at it and find new evidence from this current evidence in the evidence room.

GRACE: To Sheryl McCollum, crime analyst and director of Cold Case Squad -- Sheryl, the killer felt so at home in the Ramsey home he/she wrote, I believe, a five-page ransom note.

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST, DIR. COLD CASE SQUAD AT PINE LAKE P.D.: Right.

GRACE: . claiming to take the child away. Wrote a practice note as well. Come on, it was written with, let`s see, Patsy Ramsey`s sharpie on Patsy Ramsey`s notepad. Then.

MCCOLLUM: Then put it back on her desk.

GRACE: And then the so-called kidnapper says you know what, to heck with all the money. I`m just killing her here and leave her body.

MCCOLLUM: Right. All in the same house. And this killer felt so at home on Christmas Eve he went up and down the steps, stayed in the home a while, went and found the pen. Went and got her blanket. Went and got a toy. Yes, he was in no hurry to leave this house. This stranger. And don`t forget the chronic vaginal injury.

GRACE: Explain.

MCCOLLUM: On the autopsy report it explains in great detail that JonBenet suffered chronic vaginal injury which means she was molested over a period of time. So again this stranger would have to have access to her. And then you know harm her sexually and then come in the house and kill her at another time.

GRACE: To Dr. Joshua Perper, chief medical examiner, Broward County, the new investigative task force says that additional testing will be done.

What testing do you believe that may be?

PERPER: Well, probably they`re going to review the entire body of evidence. And as it was indicated, there was some new evidence which was found recently. And most likely they will try to match the DNA to the national database.

GRACE: To Jean Casarez with "In Session," why have the police decided now to take the case back?

CASAREZ: Well, I think the D.A.`s office is giving it back to the police department. Remember, 2002, the D.A.`s office took over the investigation because the police department was amid with controversy about how they had handled this case. Now it`s going back where they believe it should be.

You know, Nancy, when I was in Colorado in 2006, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation told me that they had tested more items for DNA from this case than in the history of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation as to any other case in Colorado.

GRACE: Jean, have they any new theories?

CASAREZ: Well, I don`t think they have new theories, but they have new DNA techniques. And I think that is going to be central to this case. But can we only say this is a DNA case now? Or can we still say that other evidence will lead to clues to find the killer?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MCCOLLUM: Very methodically. And let me tell you one thing. Maybe I misspoke with chronic. But I`ll tell you one thing I know for sure. The killer is out there.

GRACE: The abrasion is -- regarding the hymen. The child did have, still have a hymen. So what does that suggest to you, Sheryl?

MCCOLLUM: Maybe not full-on penetration. But again, an assault of some sort that should not have occurred with somebody 6 years old.

GRACE: And back to Jean Casarez, where do we go from here?

CASAREZ: Well, the task force is being selected now. They will reconvene. And I don`t think we will hear anything until they have evidence that they believe should be released to the public.

GRACE: Everyone, let`s stop and remember Marine Lance Corporal Travis Stottlemyer, 20, Hatfield, Pennsylvania. Awarded the National Defense Service medial, Global War on Terrorism Service medal. Loved outdoors, music, softball, Discovery Channel, playing with nieces and nephews. Leaves behind parents Robert and Cheryl, three sisters.

Travis Stottlemyer, American hero.

Thanks to our guests, but especially to you for being with us. I`ll see you tomorrow night, 8:00 sharp Eastern. And until then, good night, friend.

END

4. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

BobC - "I'm with you, Shadow. I can't stand Nancy Grace. Her despicable actions towards the Duke Lacrosse lynchees were bad enough, but as far as I know she's never apologized."

Neither Nancy G or Wendy Miller apologized.

Thanks for the transcript AMES...

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Well, seems to me that...

There are several different possibilities here with the transfer of the Ramsey case back to the BPD. The first is that Stan Garnett has effectively cleared his desk of the Ramsey Case file and is moving on with currently indicted cases. He will no longer be giving press conferences and using his time to comment on the Ramsey case at all as he has distanced himself from it completely until there is an arrest and an indictment...And maybe that is how it should have been from the beginning...I just don't know whether his handing the case back to BPD and reopening it as a cold case will really mean progress...I guess that depends on Beckner.

Now the second thought is that their really is some new evidence, some new witness, some new technology and the group to study the case that Beckner is assembling is really going to go about their investigation as they have declared, "with new eyes" and possibly new techniques that have been so far neglected...Now how can John Ramsey and his attorney Lin Wood possibly object to that?

And then IF that investigation should by some chance lead them to John's door with questions, how could he possibly object to being questioned? Unless of course he somehow holds himself above the law....Now I think we have seen very recently (In Illinois) just how holding yourself above the law is working for people these days, no matter how powerful they hold themselves to be...

Just a few thoughts on the matter as I talk to myself about this newest development in the Ramsey case and before I get just too excited about the motives in Boulder behind the news headlines....Barbara, I know what you mean about getting riled up just one more time!

Thanks Bob and RR for the news updates....And Tricia, yep! We should have known you had a solid line on some Boulder action!

Voyager

6. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hahaha...

Sparky, only you could conjure up the killer gerbil hair for LW~ :)

Shadow and Bob, I only watch Nancy grace for entertainment....I think she got her law degree from the Networks...

Voyager

7. BobC

Here's a link to a great interview with Craig Silverman (look to the right side of this page on the video section):
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487347,00.html

Looks like SUDDENLY everyone remembers that there was a FAKE ransom note at the crime scene.

8. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

The BPD back in the saddle again...

This was mentioned on Greta’s show last evening.

So, maybe, just maybe, the media's interest is gaining momentum.
    I believe that the BPD has a bit of evidence they've been holding back ; while awaiting their chance to be reassigned to the case. The fact that they made so many mistakes, at the onset, has probably made them more determined than ever to clear their names. I believe that they will be meticulous in the manner in which they now proceed, if it’s not too late. I can only imagine how the pain and humiliation, from the ramifications of those early mistakes, has demoralized their ranks; including also, having to witness two D.A.’S disregard for their assessments.

Now, it’s their turn. If they screw up again, the media will crucify them; however, if they expose the guilty parties, with good, hard evidence, (resulting in indictments) they will not only be exonerated, but they’ll receive global public and judicial acclaim.

As badly as the BPD performed their duties, there were a lot of mitigating circumstances that should be factored in. To mention just a few: Firstly, they were not equipped to handle a case of such magnitude; secondly, they had very wealthy suspects, with their powerful brokers, hovering all around, in an intimidating manner; thirdly, an unrelenting media suffocating them; and, much to the BPD’S dismay, numerous officials, associated with the case (including the D.A.) at the beck and call of the suspects and their family. (I write all this, while aware of the infamous K**y, and his supreme display of arrogance.)

It’s the rank and file of the BPD that I address: Know that the world will be watching and know that there are those who do not wish you well. There’s a powerful conspiracy, composed of a resourceful, seedy group, whose interest in this case relates to their involvement, associated with unethical and/or illegal behaviour. They will seek whatever means at their disposal to keep you from exposing their complicity.

On the other hand, there are those of us who are fervent supporters of Justice, and who will never forget the little murdered girl, buried six feet deep, in the cold, clay soil in a Georgia cemetery.

If we allow the perpetrators to slither through the cracks, sans accountability, our system of justice leaves much to be desired. If we continue to allow the perpetrators to accuse innocent citizens of this ghastly crime, sans appropriate censorship, our system of justice is sinking fast. If we allow lawyers to deliberately hinder the judicial process, we have no one to blame but ourselves. And, if we allow Judges to render unofficial “verdicts,†nillywilly ignorant of the facts, we really are in big trouble. The “coup de grace†is the public’s apathy.
    Good luck, BPD. May the force be with you.
    gl

9. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Greenleaf,

Amen, God Bless, and so be it!

Yes, we will be watching as closely as we can. I don't expect moment by moment news at all but rather silence while the "new eyes" go through the mountain of paperwork and pictures and lab work.

10. BobC

To me--the most exciting thing about this news conference was when Beckner spoke about breakthroughs in linguistics. For six years Linn Wood has been leading the press around by the nose, focusing on an infinitesimal DNA fragment to the exclusion of all other evidence--and I have watched in amazement that everybody but us seemed to completely forget the ransom note. You can't forget the ransom note (I know I'm preaching to the choir here)--but everyone did for years. Wood certainly never brought it up.

But Beckner talked about advances in linguistics. That is fascinating.

11. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

He did? That's fantastic! I didn't get a chance to watch the press conference. I'll have to check out available transcripts and video of it.

Bob, what you said (and I highlighted) is the absolute truth. The Ramsey & Lin Wood spin on the p i s s -ant DNA, along with Mary Lacy's hog swallow and perpetuation of the myth, has mislead the media and the public. It's about time SOMEONE started looking at the REAL evidence.

13. Cherokee

I love how the poster called InTheKnow refutes all of Jameson's "evidence" of an intruder with the facts, especially Jameson's false assertion that a stun gun was used on JonBenet. Man, would I ever like to drive a stake in the heart of THAT lie so it wouldn't keep circling the web like a bad case of swamp breath.

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

By focusing on tiny DNA fragments and blowing them out of proportion, Wood is doing what all defense attorneys are being paid for: trying to poke holes in the case against their client, guilty or not.
    Defense attorneys ALWAS try to prevent a potential jury from getting the whole picture, therefore it is no suprise that the ransom note was downplayed by Wood.
    But the note is THE key piece of evidence in this case, no question about it.

15. BobC

Hi Greenie, Shadow, Rash, Zoomie and everybody!

YUP--Cherokee--too bad you missed it because Beckner put the linguistics thing front and center, which, to us old-timers, translates to "Oh so now suddenly everyone remembers that there was a three page fake ransom note and practice fake ransom note at the crime scene, along with the non-kidnapped murdered little girl in a locked home."

Greenie--How very shocking that that creature wriggled onto that website. Doesn't it have a life? I love the semantics of how the writing in the ransom note "doesn't match anyone in the family." In a legal sense you can never say any writing sample "matches" any other writing sample, in the same sense that you can't call any DNA a "match." But the tabloids superimposed Patsy's writing samples over the ransom note--and all I can say is if you are not blind, the similarities revealed therein are proof positive that Patsy, whether coached or not, wrote it.

16. Cherokee

Like this superimposition of Patsy's "Ramsey" painting signature over the "Ramsey" of the ransom note?

Attached Files:

17. AMES

AMES Member

WHOA!!! OMG!!! Thanks for posting this Cher!!

18. Cherokee

Oh be still, my heart! Linguistics front and center in the Ramsey case?!! :jumpie:

Follow the Patsy-bricked road, follow the Patsy-bricked road ...

19. Cherokee

You're welcome. :)

It's posted on p. 3 of my handwriting and linguistic analysis of the ransom note (stickied to the front page of this JBR forum). I posted it as an addendum since Patsy's painting signature was made available after I did my original analysis.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404&page=3

20. AMES

AMES Member

Geez...how could I have missed that? I didn't know that you had added to it. Is there anyway that you could send your analysis to the FBI? The Boulder Police say that they are going to be looking at every possible scenario.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice