Ransom Notes

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Elle, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Elle

Elle Member

As I read over the ransom note in the Bobby Franks' kidnapping (Leopold and Loeb 21 May, 1924) it was chilling because it reminded me of the JonBenét ransom note. This was also a very long one.. Makes me wonder if Patsy brought this up on the net before she wrote her own. Creepy!

Anyone else feel chills as they read this ransom note for Bobby Franks?

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/loeb/index_1.html?sect=12

"Dear Sir:

As you no doubt know by this time, your son has been kidnapped. Allow us to assure you that he is at present well and safe. You need fear no physical harm for him, provided you live up carefully to the following instructions and to such others as you will receive by future communications. Should you, however, disobey any of our instructions, even slightly, his death will be the penalty.

1. For obvious reasons make absolutely no attempt to communicate with either police authorities or any private agency. Should you already have communicated with the police, allow them to continue their investigations, but do not mention this letter.

2. Secure before noon today $10,000. This money must be composed entirely of old bills of the following denominations: $2000 in $20 bills, $8000 in $50 bills. The money must be old. Any attempt to include new or marked bills will render the entire venture futile.

3. The money should be placed in a large cigar box, or if this is impossible, in a heavy cardboard box, securely closed and wrapped in white paper. The wrapping paper should be sealed at all openings with sealing wax.

4. Have the money with you, prepared as directed above, and remain at home after one o'clock. See that the telephone is not in use."

It was signed George Johnson and guaranteed that if the money were delivered according to his instructions that Bobby would be returned unharmed

2. Elle

Elle Member

Come to think of it, Patsy Ramsay graduated in 1979 from the West Virginia University with a magna cum laude degree in journalism, and she probably knew all about this ransom note from her studies, so it would only take her seconds to look it up.

3. Little

Little Member

Very interesting Elle. Even that ransom note was a bit wordy, wasn't it?

That Crime Library site has some great stories, doesn't it?

Little

4. Elle

Elle Member

I thought the JonBenét ransom note was the longest one in history. I was wrong when I came across this one.

Yes, Little, Crime Library does have a good selection of stories.

5. Little

Little Member

Well, maybe some day Cherokee and this guy can put their heads together and nail another one??

Ella, I thought your ransom note thread would be ok to add to. Hope you don't mind.

6. Elle

Elle Member

No, Little, this is a very good article. Thank you. I'm just wondering what Rob Leonard's thoughts were on the Ramsey ransom note (?). I don't recall reading any analysis by him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice