Recent Photos of Burke Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Sep 24, 2006.

1. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, I have a photo of myself and my youngest son in front of my mother's gravesite and I seem to have a smile on my face, but it's really a pained expression. I was wishing at the time that my children could have known my mother and had a photo with her, not her gravestone.

Heymom

2. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

This thread reminded me - has anyone mentioned a grave stone/marker being placed on Patsy's grave? Or has John "moved on with his life" and forgotten to buy one?

3. Carol

Carol Member

Burke is a handsome boy. The picture of his mother.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Holy crap--does he ever look like Patsy!

I hope he's doing well--seems like he is.

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Burke

He's a very handsome lad, and sounds quite normal from his profile postings.
    His girlfriend is adorable. I wish them luck in the future, and much happiness to erase the sorrow of the past.

Burke did not kill JonBenet. I have always found that theory as ridiculous as the various jamscam, louscam, and traceyscam theories.

6. Prairie

Prairie Member

He's cute, but my God, he's only read one book in his entire life? I wouldn't want my daughter dating someone who matched his profile...wait...let me check my 20 year old son's MySpace........yep, much more evolved than Burke...and he reads in both English AND Japanese.

7. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Lurker, perhaps you should listen to Cyril Wecht when he says nothing that was done to JonBenet couldn't have been done by Burke.

8. Tril

Tril Member

When I was in the 6th grade, one of my classmates accidentally shot and killed his sister. He was out of school for a couple of weeks afterwards, and during his absence all of the students in the school were warned by the teachers (and our parents) not to talk about the accident or the death with each other, or to mention the tragedy to the boy when he returned. We were to avoid the subject at all costs. We were allowed to give him quick hugs when he came back to school, but not to mention what had happened. We were not even supposed to offer condolences, because after all, he was the one who'd caused his sister's death, albeit by accident.

The best place for Burke was school, and the Rs knew it. No one - students, teachers, reporters - no one was going to question him or talk to him about his sister's death there. "Burke Watch" not only protected him from the small foreign faction (haha) but from anyone who might try to question him about the tragedy, or try to get him to talk about it. Instead of an umbrella of suspicion, Burke was placed under a web of protecton. As for the possibility that Burke might spill the beans, why would he? John and Patsy likely coached him till they were blue in the face and filled him with horror stories of what could happen to him if he did spill the beans, and besides, what kid would want to admit even accidentally killing his sister while playing doctor? (Anyway, that's what I think happened.)

The Rs were smart sending Burke back to school. Their doing so totally convinced the police, and a lot of other people, that Burke didn't do it. Yep, very smart move.

The Rs were also smart in sending him to the Whites on the 26th, away from any law enforcement officers who might want to question him. When one officer did go to the Whites and ask him questions, the Rs had a fit. How dare Burke be questioned without their permission!

BDIers are reviled everywhere, it seems. It's fine, of course, on RDI forums to say Patsy did it, or John did it, or both of them did. But for anyone to suggest that maybe Burke did it, well, that's a horse of a different color. It angers many posters. To them, it's almost a sacrilege.

Although most posters here seem to agree that an intruder didn't kill JonBenet, none of us knows for a fact who did. I've always liked reading and thinking about other posters' opinions and theories, even when they don't jibe with mine. I wish everyone did.

9. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

Probably half the murders committed are done by persons younger and smaller than the victim. Truth is with a head injury even JonBenet could have killed Burke. Heck, with the right weapon JonBenet could have felled John. Burke's even more good for it now that Karr's escapade has exposed the DA as incompent and corrupt. Karr was arrested with 99% less circumstancial evidence than they ever had on the Ramseys.

I don't know what some posters are talking about Burke being good looking, this portrait is just plan evil...

[​IMG]

And maybe he doesn't read because he can't. I remember questions about some developmental disorder like autism or another syndrome.

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Ahhhh that's what I was wondering!

Why isn't the RST looking for 'some Puerto Rican guy'?

11. heymom

heymom Member

Now, Tril, please don't get your undies in a twist about this! I want to hear any and all theories. Well, except the insane ones. I personally don't think Burke did it, but I can definitely see your reasons for believing that. They are just about as plausible as any others. Since we are unlikely to ever know what happened that night, we are just whistling in the wind, so to speak, but one of us might come up with an explanation for everything, or someone might confess, which I guess is why you guys are still here. I am thankful that you are!

Heymom

12. wombat

wombat Member

He can read!!! He is a sophomore at PURDUE UNIVERSITY!!! Majoring in Computer Technology! Here are the classes offered by the department!

Since he's a sophomore, he's probably taking the ones that begin with a "2".

Based on this course list, the girlfriend, the membership in the pilot's club (he can fly a plane), the skateboarding, and his general appearance, I think we can conclude the following:

Burke is smart
    Burke can read
    Burke can do calculus
    Burke is socially active
    Burke is not autistic
    Burke does not have Asperger's syndrome
    Burke is heterosexual
    Burke is physically coordinated
    Burke is athletic
    Burke is on his way to a successful life

13. heymom

heymom Member

And, saying you don't read just means you are male. Reading is not the first thing guys want to do, and this is well-researched and well-documented. Reading takes sitting still and being inactive, which can be hard for active NORMAL males. My 2 boys will read their assigned texts, comic books (Calvin & Hobbes, Zits), car magazines, the Bible, and that's about it. My younger son has just discovered a book and a Website, called GuysRead, started by an author, which is promoting reading to guys.

Burke seems like a pretty normal male of his age to me, but of course I don't know him at all.

Heyom

14. BobC

I'm a bookworm.

15. heymom

heymom Member

Well, it's not 100% true. My hubby reads too. In fact, it's probably the younger generations more than we...er...seasoned citizens...Not knowing how old YOU are, mind you! I know there are guys who do read, but the stats say that young men just don't. That's another rant, though, most all our young people are functionally illiterate.

My own computer nerd does read, when he needs to find a fix for his machines. :)

Heymom

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'm not adverse to any theory. Why should I be?

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hubby does not read much. He's the active type. Son said hubby would be planting flowers at his own grave.

Son reads. Even read the Bible twice in the last couple of years. He's a Jesus guy. Take that, Mom!

Grandson reads. His class won a fourth grade trophy last year for the annual Book Reading competition. They have a game show-like competition at the end, where each class has a few students who go up against the other classes to answer questions about the books. He buried them. He has a near photographic memory. Which isn't fun when you said something you don't want him to remember, but he ALWAYS remembers, even YEARS later.... He also likes for me to read to him. We're on book five of the Harry Potter series. I am not making this up. Every single word out loud. And that woman writes more than I do.

But different people have different interests. Son also was a rabid skateboarder until he had a family. I have occasionally been able to find a book hubby found interesting enough to read. Usually about war, like "The Things They Carried" or something like that.

The most I can envision Burke being involved in the murder is that he might have been the one playing "doctor" with JonBenet prior to that night. Or maybe not. He might have been the one who struck the headblow with the maglight or a golf club...or not. Those are the things I have not been able to find any evidence to prove who did those two things, which I believe were the triggering events that led one or more of the parents to stage the note, the vaginal injuries that night, and the garrote, which finally ended JonBenet's life.

Burke will never be free of this murder. People will always wonder about him and his family. That's the legacy he will live with all his life. But he's got a little money, hasn't he? I'm sure he'll find women who will be interested in him because of his notoriety and money. Death row inmates have plenty. But maybe he can find someone who loves him for himself. I hope so, because whatever his part was or if he had no part at all, he was a child. He's not responsible for his parents' choices and actions.

And no, I wouldn't want my daughter near him. There's still a killer out there...remember?

18. I don't think he was involved at all (BobC wrote some great posts about why Burke probably doesn't know anything, on another thread).

I feel bad for him. In a sense, he's had to carry the burden of his parents' dubious behaviour for the last 10 years, and will probably continue to do so for the rest of his life. He's had to endure embarrassment and humiliation, people whispering behind his back everywhere he goes, along with the painful memory of having lost his baby sister.

I can't imagine going through life, not knowing what my parents were truly capable of, wondering if they're murderers and liars everytime I looked at them... that's enough to screw anyone up in the head.

19. sue

sue Member

I agree with you.
    Obviously, I don't know what happened any more than anyone else. I'm open to any theories that fit the facts we know. I just don't think Burke having done it fits the facts (but I wouldn't get mad at someone who thinks they do).

20. BobC

Thanks Ploppy

My feelings about Burke are just simple, logical reasoning. You don't control every word your wife says in the press for years, while letting your 9 YO run around everywhere blabbing. That is the most irrational thing I've ever heard.

Guys listen--there are people in and around this case who magically decided who did this murder the minute it happened, before 95% of the evidence came to light. One such person was putting up signs with John Ramsey's face on them, saying Wanted For Murder, all around Boulder the day after the murder. I was shocked when I found this out, becuase this guy was smart and became a friend of mine in the months to come. I was shocked that he'd come to that conclusion before knowing anything about the crime scene. It's one thing to say this situation stinks and that it looks like an inside job, but it's quite another to say John Ramsey did the deed. To this day, nobody can say that for sure.

Beware of people who come to magical decisions and then try to cram the evidence to fit their little pet theory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice