September 11, 2006

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I was at work with Northrop Grumman in Herndon, VA that day. I could see the jets take off and land at Dulles Airport from my 6th floor office window.

Mrs shadow called to tell me a passenger plane had crashed into one of the WTC buildings in New York. I had FBI friends in one of the buildings (I didn't know which) and was very concerned. A co-worker stopped by my office and said they had the projection TV on in the conference room on the 4th floor. I went with him to see how this terrible accident had happened. We had been in the room only minutes when the other plane hit. My co-worker who worked on an NSA contract said, "Oh my God, al Qaeda!"

About 5 minutes later, the local TV station broke in to say that a suspicious plane was seen heading for Dulles Airport. Since defense contractors NG, Lockheed, Raytheon, General Dynamics, PRC, SAIC and other smaller contractors are all located in Herndon about 5 miles from Dulles, security went nuts. As I was going back to my office I was stopped by a security guard with an Uzi. The building was in lock-down - you could go nowhere without a security person. From a side window, I could see that the Lockheed building was surronded by armed guards with AK-47s, and two guys with missile launchers. The suspicious plane turned out to be two F-15s protecting the DC area.

The President of our Business Unit finally told everyone to go home. We were told to call security if we encountered anything "strange."

For at least a month from Sept. 11th, all defense contractor buildings in Herndon had blockades and armed guards at the entrance.

I was surprised and not surprised. Working with intelligence people, I had heard much about al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden, and wouldn't have been suprised if they blew up a train, subway or bridge, but I never thought they had the organization to highjack 4 passenger planes at one time.

I lost two FBI friends that day.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Sorry to hear you lost two FBI friends, Shadow. That's sad! I hope something like this never happens again.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I flew yesterday on the 5th anniversary of 9-11, and shook the hand of every person I saw in uniform and thanked them for serving their country, our country, my country!

:rwbcand:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Ah. This must be a great thing to do on 9-11. Good for you, Moab.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice