Shooting in Salt Lake City, Utah, Mall

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Feb 13, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

I would like to know what the mosque he attended preaches. Is it pro-jihad? That is a question that will never be answered.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I want to know how he got the guns!

3. heymom

heymom Member

He could have stolen them.

I'm a little upset that the family is putting all the blame on the supposed person who helped their son get the weapons. It didn't take them long to absorb the American Blame-Someone-Else-For-Your-Problems mentality. I am sure they feel sorry and shocked, but the cousin is actually angry and blaming the unknown person who would have helped Suleman get weapons.

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

There is no record that Talovic attended any of the mosques in the Salt Lake area, according to both Tarek Nosseir, president of the Islamic Society of Greater Salt Lake and Bobby Darvish, president of the Muslim Forum of Utah. Nosseir noted that many Bosnian Muslims are more secular than religious.
    "Having lived under Soviet Union rules for decades, where religious freedom was not an option, a majority of these people" are not practicing Muslims, he added. "What I hear is that he came a couple of times at most, to Eid prayers, but I can't confirm that he came."
    Although Salt Lake City police have not yet established a motive for the shootings, a handful of Bosnian refugees were verbally harassed at their workplaces on Wednesday, according to the Utah Consortium of Multicultural Groups. Local police report no incidents of violence against Bosnian or other refugees.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660195692,00.html

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I heard this morning that two of the people killed in the mall shootings were a young man and woman from WNY. Small world.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Conundrum Over Gun Laws in Utah

Against gun restrictions
    <!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Christopher Smart
    The Salt Lake Tribune

<!--date-->Article Last Updated: 02/14/2007 03:44:53 PM MST

Controversial legislation restricting concealed weapons on state college campuses became a flash point Tuesday as emotion over Monday night's Trolley Square shooting boiled over during public comment on the bill.
    SB251, which passed out of Senate committee Tuesday, would allow dorm residents to choose a roommate who does not carry a concealed weapons permit and would give universities and colleges the right to restrict concealed weapons in faculty offices.
    But such rules may have caused the high number of deaths at Trolley Square, argued Larry Correia, chief financial officer of Fuzzy Bunny Movie Guns store in Draper.
    "How many people left their firearms home Monday night because they were afraid of violating a rule," he said, referring to the signs at Trolley Square prohibiting firearms.
    Stuart White, a gun owner from Spanish Fork, agreed.
    "[Monday] night, a concealed weapons permit holder came to the defense of defenseless residents, but what are the chances an off-duty officer will be around?" he asked, choking back tears and adding that students should be given the right to carry concealed weapons on campus.

More:
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_5223659

Here's the deal here in SLC. They are making so many places off-limits to guns, even for those of us who have concealed carry permits, that these places could be the future targets of those like the shooter in Trolley Mall.

The good guys obey the rules. The bad guys don't.

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Words haven't been invented to describe this horror. Honest to God, it's still unbelievable.

Guessing this was a very mentally ill kid who dealt with the horrors of war at a very early age.

His parents don't seem very educated and perhaps they couldn't see the warning signs.

My brother has been bugging me for years to get a concealed weapon permit. He knows I have many wackos in my life due to my years in radio. In addition to the big hostage situation I dealt with back in 94 I have mentally ill people who want to kill me because they can hear my voice through their toaster.

Now, add to the mix the Ramsey thing and...well...my big brother is worried.

Trouble is when civilians carry guns they are not trained like cops.

Thank God for that cop from Ogden who was having dinner with his wife. If a civilian had a gun it might have turned out a lot worse or a lot better...depending on the person who had the weapon. It's a crap shoot.

If I carry a gun I don't want it concealed. I want it stapled to my forehead. Then everyone can see it and cross the street when I walk down the road ;)

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Most of them. There are exceptions.

SOP.

Who says assimilation is impossible?

Now you're talking my language.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Who says assimilation is impossible?

:floor: :floor: :floor:

10. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Tricia....

You mean we are not supposed to be hearing your voice coming out of our toasters? I thought that was a benefit of the forum.... :yes: ????

Are you telling me this is not group therapy?....Opps! :puffy:

Voyager

11. Tricia

Yes, you should be hearing my voice coming out of the toaster....and actually this is "psycho" therapy. :coffeeup:

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Geez Tricia be careful...a gun can be taken away from a person and used against them too.

T shirts you might consider wearing:

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Bad Guys 7, Me 0

My Bodyguards let me get the first shot!

Train to use a gun and can't wait to try it out.

Proud Member of the Stalker Elimination Club (Club logo a smoking gun)

13. Tricia

HAHAHAHA. Showme, I love the T-shirts. I think a simple shirt with just one of these sayings on it would do the trick.

I am not going to start carrying a gun. Don't worry. A big machete maybe but no guns

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice