'Substantial development' in Rachel Cooke disappearance

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by "J_R", Nov 8, 2006.

  1. RiverRat

    RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

    Found this over at Websleuths.......

    A Psychic Investigation
    by Marie Saint Claire

    Mystic Echoes
    An Underworld Tales Exclusive
    © 2005 Underworldtales.com

    Background Information: A reader asked me to investigate the Rachel Cooke case. Here are the facts: twenty-year old Rachel Cooke, an accomplished cross-country runner, left her home in the Northlake development on FM 3405 northwest of Georgetown, Texas (north of Austin) on the morning of Thursday, January 10, 2002, to go on her usual 3-4 mile morning jog around the neighborhood. Sometime around 11 AM, near the end of her run and possibly within 200 yards of home, she disappeared.

    Preliminary Thoughts: For the sake of the parents, I decided to attempt to connect to this case in hopes that I can learn something that might shed some light on the mystery. I've been to Austin, Texas and have driven past Georgetown (many years ago), and I hoped that my personal experience with the area might help me connect to the case. I've never been to the Northlake Development, where Rachel lived and if someone out there has any photos of the area, I'd love to see them. It could help me connect to the case.

    My first thoughts were that the killer had probably been watching her and was familiar with her schedule and probably lived or worked along the route she ran. He waited to act until her run was nearly over, because she would be tired and easier to abduct.

    I also recalled that there used to be a notorious rapist in Austin who preyed upon female joggers in the park, and I wondered if the case could be connected.

    I don't believe that this was a first time crime for whoever abducted Rachel. This was an experienced criminal--possibly even a serial killer.

    Psychic Connection: I'm reluctant to report my investigation on this case at this time, because my initial connection was unsatisfactory and only left me with more questions than answers. I've certainly not put the case together from what I've seen so far and will need to investigate further. But I decided to lay out what I've seen in case someone can shed some light on what any of it means.

    Also Rachel did not speak to me directly. Everything I saw came in the form of images.

    The first thing I saw was a blue neon light, as if from some kind of business sign, shining in the distance. This is something that only someone living in the area could possibly translate into any kind of meaning.

    Another thing that I saw repeatedly was a two-story clapboard house that appeared to be Victorian. It had a gabled roof which seemed to jut out precariously, and I saw it from the back at dirt level (and at a strange angle) when I asked where Rachel was. This house scared me. I believe that Rachel was taken to and imprisoned in that house after she was abducted. I wonder if there are any old houses in the Georgetown area that could fit this description--another thing that only a resident of the area can answer. It sat on a large lot and had a desolate appearance.

    Someone suggested to me that perhaps the house is not Victorian but only Victorian in style. That's a possibility, but it appeared to be an authentic Victorian from around the turn of the century.

    And then I saw water as if I were swimming in the depths. Again, I asked Rachel where she is, and soon, I saw skeletal remains on the floor of this body of water. I'm not sure if this is a lake, a river, a pond, or--possibly even the bottom of a well. I did go through what looked like a dark rocky tunnel to get to this place, but the tunnel could merely represent the psychic connection. This is something that requires further investigation. I'm going to try to connect again and see if I can get a better pinpoint as to where or what this body of water is.

    The water was a turquoise blue and strong rays of gold light were streaming down from above.

    Again, I saw that house. It kept reappearing in my vision and each time it gave me chills. I believe she was killed there.

    The connection broke, and I tried again that same night before I went to bed. And I saw Rachel sitting on the floor in a room, her back against the wall. It was as if I was in a hall and peeking through an open doorway and she was on the floor, her legs stretched out before her. I could only see her legs and the lower part of her abdomen. She wore shorts. I didn't see her face but I knew it was her. Something bothered me about the view. I believe that she was bound to something. I don't know if she was alive or dead, but she wasn't moving and there was something troubling about the way she sat there. I couldn't make out much of the room; it was too blurry, but I believe that there was a bed or a daybed on the far side against the wall. And again, I got the impression that this was an old house.

    "Show me the killer," I said.

    A face formed in the shadows that I couldn't make out. And then I briefly saw the fleeting image of a middle-aged man in a casket. He was dressed in a suit, dark hair, average build. Does this mean her killer is dead? I'm not sure yet. This is another thing that requires further investigation.

    I asked again and again: "Show me the killer. Show me what happened." But I saw nothing else.

    Here I got spooked (which broke the connection) because suddenly a terrible cold filled the room around me (this happened during one of my Natalee Holloway connections too). I sensed something was near. My dog was laying on the floor next to me and the presence spooked him too. He stood, hair standing up, and hurried to the other side of the room, where he sat and looked back toward me, moving his head back and forth as if he were trying to figure something out.

    It was obvious to me that a spirit had tried to come through in physical form. This is not how I like to connect. I prefer "mind only" mode. Quite frankly, I was terrified. But after I'd calmed down a bit, I realized that my fear stemmed not only on the apparent spirit visitation but on what had happened to this beautiful young girl in that chilling house.

    My fear was so great, in fact, that I had to distract myself by doing some work around the house to get my mind off of it all. I found myself in the kitchen doing some baking. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep that night.

    I did attempt yet another connection later that night, however, and I saw something unexpected and wonderful that calmed my fear. I saw Rachel in spirit form. At first it was dark and then light formed from behind some clouds. An opening formed and Rachel stepped into view. She was beautiful beyond words, a long white gown flowing about her, golden rays shining from behind and around her head.

    I'm happy to say that Rachel is not an earth bound spirit. She has crossed over to a more beautiful place. Often victims of terrible crimes like this will become imprisoned in this plane of existence, unable to accept their death. But Rachel has found peace.

    I'd never seen something like this during a connection.

    No longer afraid, I finally went to sleep.

    The next morning, I immediately tried to connect again. More than anything, I'd like to know where Rachel is so that the family can have the closure they need. But this time, I was unsuccessful at learning anything new. All I saw, again, was water.

    "Give me something," I said, "that can be used to pinpoint your location."

    All I saw were rocks.

    Deciding to try again later, I arose and noticed that there was the terrible smell of decay in the room, and I recalled how a presence had tried to materialize the night before. Suddenly I realized that the presence in the room had not been Rachel. I was scared anew. Perhaps her killer is dead. I'll try to connect again during the next few days and see if I can learn anything more.

    One last thing before I close: the name Christine or Christina keeps barging into my thoughts when I try to connect to the case--perhaps another victim of this killer.

  2. Watching You

    Watching You Superior Bee Admin

    That's interesting...and eerie. There are a few legitimate psychics. She may be one of them.
  3. VP

    VP Member


    This is just one of several articles published on the Internet concerning a conspiracy by the Georgetown PD and a variety of other gov. & LE agencies:


    JR - as for the psychic - she describes the "scary" Victorian house and seeing Rachel being kept there - remember the guy who was obsessed with Rachel and followed her to California? The one Heidi and Tricia and I gave a ride to and questioned after the search? He lived in a scary house and his mom would not let anyone search there.

    I find it hard to believe that MK Moore watched her routine since she no longer lived in Round Rock and was only home for Xmas vacation. Did he work at the time? Did he have friends in the area? I'm with KK, I'd like to know a lot more about his timeline.
  4. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    Not sure how to gather the info everyone wants except to stay on top of the news articles. One article I read did say he was a landscaper but who knows how Rachel caught his eye.

    VP - you PM box is full.
  5. LurkerXIV

    LurkerXIV Moderator


    Am I remembering correctly that a pickup truck with two men in it was seen in the neighborhood around the time that Rachel disappeared?

    I believe that Moore's relatives know more than they are letting on. Were Moore and the stepson the two seen in the truck near Rachel?

    I hope somebody remembers something. Witnesses are needed badly to make this case.

    I dont know where to locate the early facts of the case. Can you come up with a link?

    I am so angry at what this horrible creature Michael Moore is putting the Cookes through.

    The death penalty was made for human scum like him.
  6. Moab

    Moab Admin Staff Member

  7. VP

    VP Member

  8. Moab

    Moab Admin Staff Member

    Always a whiner...sheesh...ok, let me see if I can figure out why!
  9. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    Lurker, there was a pickup mentioned as well as a couple of different cars in the early days. The cars were eliminated but I don't recall if the truck was. I too am going to have to review early info though some of it has come flooding back as I read more about this *******. I just don't want to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 so I would advise everyone to review the early facts for themselves and maybe someone will catch something we missed back then and be able to pass it on to the tip lines.

    The early facts of the case should be in our archives or in the first months of RC's journal which is here:


    Moab thanks for bringing the archives back so folks can review them.
  10. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    Case solved, or cruel hoax?

    KVUE News

    One day after a prime suspect in the Rachel Cooke case backs out of a plea deal, new doubts surfaced Friday over whether Michael Keith Moore had anything to do with the teenager's disappearance.

    Somewhere along the Texas gulf coast, near Matagorda Bay, is the location of Cooke's body. That is the story Moore gave prosecutors, according to his attorney, Allan Williams.

    "They had told me it was over 100 miles away, which was kind of a relief for us, because we had quit searching," said Robert Cooke, Rachel's father.

    But Robert Cooke says he was never told that Moore claimed he dumped his daughter's body into the Gulf of Mexico. He also didn't know that Moore told prosecutors the abduction was a random act of violence.

    "I don't know if I believe it 100 percent, but I have faith that they've interviewed him and there is a reason to pursue this," he said.

    There was no official crime scene -- just a general area where Rachel was last seen January 10, 2002. She was out jogging near here parents home.

    Williams, and his co-defense counsel, Steve Brittan, say they did not know Moore was going to back out of the deal to plead guilty. But they also were not surprised.

    According to Williams, he knows of no physical evidence linking his client to Cooke's disappearance.

    According to court documents, investigators believe Moore sexually assaulted Cooke and then used a hammer and suffocated the 19-year-old.

    "There were several things that Michael told us that only the person who was involved in the abduction and probably the slaying of Rachel could have known," said James Wilson, Williamson County Sheriff.

    About the time Moore was making his claim, another high profile murder case appeared to be solved. In August, Jon Mark Karr came out of nowhere saying he killed Jon Benet Ramsey. DNA proved Karr was not the killer. There is a possibility Moore, saw the coverage and is simply a copycat.

    And because they don't know if the answer lies somewhere along the Texas Gulf coast, or closer to home, the family of Rachel Cooke will continue to search for the truth.

    "We are not done yet," Robert Cooke said.

  11. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    Moore Shocks Courtroom By Recanting Confession

    Nov 10, 2006 9:45 am US/Central

    Leslie Coons

    (CBS 42) GEORGETOWN Thursday saw a shocking turn of events in a Williamson County courtroom.

    The man who reportedly confessed to the disappearance and murder of Georgetown resident Rachel Cooke recanted his confession after entering the courtroom.

    It's definitely not what prosecutor's had hoped or planned to hear: Michael Moore entering a not guilty plea to charges he killed 19-year-old Rachel Cooke.

    It's a plea that even caught Moore's attorneys off guard.

    District Attorney John Bradley says the most painful part of all of this that Rachel Cooke's parents are still left wondering what happened.

    It was supposed to have been simple, an open-and-shut plea bargain already worked out in advance.

    Convicted killer Michael Keith Moore admitting he murdered 19-year-old Rachel Cooke in exchange for a lighter sentence.

    That all fell apart when Moore stunned the courtroom -- apparently changing his mind.

    Red-faced officials insist they have the right suspect, even if Moore refused to live up to his confession.

    "There were several things that Michael told us that only the person involved in the abduction and possibly the slaying of Rachel Cooke could have known," Williamson County Sheriff Jim Wilson said.

    Many people in the community had hoped yesterday's hearing would provide some type of closure for the Cooke family. Instead the emotional rollercoaster they've been on for nearly five years now took another wicked turn.

    Because Michael Moore did not plead guilty, prosecutors must start building a case against him. The D.A. will now take the case to a grand jury for an indictment. And the plea bargain is out, so Moore could face the death penalty. (emphasis mine)

    Williamson County detectives want to hear from anyone who may have information about the Rachel Cooke case. You're asked to call (512) 966-6561.

  12. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    Why Moore May Have Changed His Plea

    Nov 10, 2006 06:12 PM

    Convicted killer Michael Keith Moore admitted to investigators he murdered Rachel Cooke in 2002. Moore had agreed to plead guilty to the charge.

    He shocked his own attorneys and an entire courtroom Thursday by entering a not guilty plea.

    Angry prosecutors say they may now seek a capitol murder charge meaning he could face the death penalty if convicted.

    Friday night, Moore is back at a state prison cell in Gatesville.

    Three months ago, the career criminal contacted Williamson County investigators to say he had information on Rachel's disappearance. So now the question on everyone's mind is "Why did Moore previously confess to this crime and why did the district attorney believe him?"

    KXAN NBC Austin's Sonta Henderson spoke with a judge who has some insight on just how unpredictable defendants like Moore can be.

    Court hearings may appear to be run of the mill, but Michael Moore's case is anything but run of the mill.

    We found out sometimes defendants don't have much to lose, and they will

    Moore is leaving his mark in Williamson County in more ways than one by backing out of a deal connecting him to the 2002 disappearance of Rachel Cooke. The convicted murderer has everyone talking about the confession he's now recanting.

    District Judge Jon Wisser says he's seen people confess for all sorts of reasons.

    "Maybe they just want to get out of jail. Maybe they want to get in front of the television cameras again," Wisser said.

    This is what Williamson County Sheriff James Wilson says about Moore's confession.

    "It was pretty obvious that he had to have been there, had to have been in the location," Wilson said on Thursday.

    "It certainly would make the state's case easier if they had a body and could perform autopsy. Certainly would verify his confession," Wisser said.

    "His confession is in all likelihood true," Wilson said on Thursday.

    "I assume they've gone to lengths to verify that confession because as we all know it is not uncommon for people to confess to heinous crime and later we find out they did not commit the crime. If he says he dumped the body in the Gulf of Mexico, and they can find gas receipts between here and the gulf, that would prove that he was there.," Wisser said.
    (emphasis mine)

    Still, what would make Moore come into a courtroom before a judge and defense attorneys and change his mind on what appears to be a win-win deal, Wisser says we may never know.

    "The defendants we're dealing with here are generally not the best and the brightest. They are people who have never made good decisions in their life. They're very indecisive. They're erratic," Wisser said.

    Eight days after Cooke disappeared, Moore was in the Williamson County Jail on unrelated charges stemming from a parole violation.

  13. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

  14. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    DA says Moore confessed to Cooke's murder, then backed out of deal

    Williamson County prosecutors intend to bring case to trial if agreement is not reached.

    By Katie Humphrey,, Mike Ward
    Friday, November 10, 2006

    GEORGETOWN — Convicted murderer Michael Keith Moore admitted to investigators that he killed Rachel Cooke, a Georgetown woman missing since January 2002, with a hammer blow to the head as the 19-year-old was jogging near her parents' home, a source familiar with the case said.

    Moore also detailed dropping her body in the Gulf of Mexico, confessing on videotape from prison, the source said.

    But when it came time to plead guilty to Cooke's murder in a Georgetown courtroom packed with Cooke's relatives and friends Thursday, Moore backed out of a deal with prosecutors, pleading not guilty and throwing the proceedings into turmoil.

    While Moore's lawyers worked with their client in the courthouse holding center, an angry Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley accused Moore of reneging on an agreement to plead guilty and vowed to take Moore to trial for Cooke's murder.

    "If the facts are as he confessed to, it could become a capital murder charge," Bradley said.

    Such a charge could include the death penalty.

    "The worst thing for someone to do is to get me to notice them," Bradley said.

    Moore, already serving concurrent life sentences for the 2003 murder of Christina Moore in her Round Rock home, confessed to investigators that he was driving around Georgetown looking for something to steal or somebody to rob when he randomly encountered Cooke jogging along the road, according to the source familiar with the case, who asked to remain anonymous because the case remains active.

    Moore confessed on videotape to killing Cooke with a hammer blow to the head, then taking her to a second location, where he raped her, the source said.

    Moore then drove her body to the Gulf Coast in the vicinity of Matagorda Bay, wrapped it in a tarp weighed down with rocks and dumped it in the bay, according to the source.

    A search by Department of Public Safety divers of the area where Moore claimed to have left the body failed to turn up any evidence, the source said.

    Bradley declined to provide details about the crime or the confession.

    "Our work is not finished, and we don't want to interfere with our investigation," Bradley said, also declining to comment on whether there were additional murder investigations in which Moore may be a suspect.

    Williamson County Sheriff James Wilson said, however, that the specificity of Moore's account gave them confidence that the confession was true.

    "There were several things that Moore told us that only the person involved . . . could have known," Wilson said. "We verified the facts he gave us; it was completely obvious that he had to have been there . . . and his confession was in all likelihood true."

    Moore's agreement with prosecutors called for a life sentence to be served concurrently with four he is already serving, keeping him eligible for parole in 30 years.

    Cooke's family was kept apprised of the agreement, including the life sentence, and gave their approval, Bradley said.

    Cooke's family members, friends and acquaintances packed the courtroom Thursday morning, many of them wearing buttons bearing the missing woman's photo.

    They came to see Moore's guilty plea and to gain a measure of closure, but events took an unexpected turn shortly after District Judge Burt Carnes called Moore before the bench.

    "How do you plead?" Carnes asked.

    "Not guilty," Moore replied.

    Carnes looked up quickly and said, "Will you repeat that for me?"

    "Not guilty."

    Carnes sent Moore back to the defense table for a short conference with his attorneys.

    Carnes called a 15-minute recess to determine whether the not guilty plea would be a temporary delay or a major breakdown, and Moore left the courtroom to confer in private with his attorneys. About an hour and 15 minutes later, Carnes returned to court to announce that the Moore case stood in recess "until further notice."

    Defense lawyers Steve Brittain and Allan Williams returned to the courthouse's prisoner holding center for several hours, taking turns trying to persuade Moore to live up to his bargain. The lawyers broke off talks shortly before 3 p.m. and went to Bradley's office to break the news: no deal.

    The lawyers left the courthouse, Moore was escorted under guard back to the Hughes Unit prison in Gatesville, and the deal was off the table.

    "If there's one thing he's shown, it's that he's unpredictable," Brittain said before leaving.

    Cooke's parents had strong words for Moore after the plea surprise.

    "Come forward and be a man, for once in your life, and tell the truth," father Robert Cooke said to reporters in the hallway outside the district attorney's office.

    Cooke said the family believes that authorities have the right person, based on his confession and other evidence.

    Because of that, Moore's reversal on Thursday was especially painful, he said.

    "We feel like we are being victimized a second time," Robert Cooke said.

    "I just can't believe he would put us through this, to string us along," her mother, Janet Cooke, said.

    Moore was charged with killing Rachel Cooke "by striking her with a hammer, by suffocating her, by some manner and means unknown, or by a combination of these acts," according to a one-page court document.

    The document, called an information, was drafted as part of Moore's agreement with prosecutors in consultation with Brittain and Williams, who had represented Moore in his February capital murder trial in the death of Christina Moore, no relation.

    The charge connects two of the highest-profile cases in recent Williamson County history: Cooke's 2002 disappearance and the 2003 murder of Christina Moore in her Forest Creek neighborhood home in Round Rock.

    Michael Moore was convicted in February of murdering 35-year-old Christina Moore on Sept. 23, 2003.

    Christina Moore was 14 weeks pregnant when her throat was slit as she knelt on the floor of her bedroom closet, her right arm in a handcuff. He then stole her purse, some jewelry and her wedding rings, according to trial testimony.

    Her husband, Robert Moore, came home to find his wife dead and the couple's then 15-month-old daughter Gracie crying, unharmed, in her crib.


    Prosecutors had sought a death sentence, but the jury acquitted Moore of capital murder, choosing instead to convict him of murder, aggravated robbery and aggravated kidnapping.

    It was the first time prosecutors in Williamson County had sought a capital murder conviction and lost.

    Before the punishment phase of the trial could begin, however, Michael Moore pleaded guilty to all three charges.

    He also pleaded guilty to an unrelated robbery charge and a firearm possession charge. He received four life sentences and 10 years in prison, all to be served concurrently, in the plea agreement.

    Cooke was 19 when she vanished while jogging near her parents' home on Navajo Trail in the North Lake subdivision northwest of Georgetown on Jan. 10, 2002.

    Neighbors last saw her jogging at about 10:30 a.m., 100 or 200 yards from her home, investigators said.

    Her disappearance rocked the usually quiet community in Williamson County and drew both local and national media attention.

    Hundreds of volunteers helped search for Cooke on foot and horseback in the days following her disappearance. They later drove around Central Texas, distributing fliers with Cooke's picture.

    And in January 2004, the Williamson County sheriff's office assembled a multi-agency team, including investigators from the Austin Police Department and the FBI, to examine the case.

    But no one was ever charged in Cooke's disappearance until Thursday morning.

    Moore has a lengthy criminal history, including convictions for theft and criminal mischief, and was arrested eight days after Cooke's disappearance on a charge of making a false report, spending the next eight months in the Williamson County Jail.

    He also has a history of inappropriate and bizarre actions toward women, according to a court document filed in the Christina Moore trial, including:

    •Secretly photographing women in public and writing down their license plate numbers.

    •Writing sexually inappropriate letters from prison to his teenage stepdaughter.

    •Masturbating in front of female inmates at the Williamson County Jail infirmary, which cost the county $60,000 in a settlement with three of the women.

    Moore also threatened to kill a female inmate if she told authorities that he found a way to leave his infirmary cell, court records said.

    The exchange

    District Judge Burt Carnes: 'How do you plead?'

    Michael Moore: 'Not guilty.'

    Carnes: 'Will you repeat that for me?'

    Moore: 'Not guilty.'

    What's next

    Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley said he could seek a capital-murder indictment, which carries either a death sentence or life without parole. He announced no decision Thursday.

    Two cases, one suspect


    July 26: Michael Keith Moore is sentenced to 10 years in prison for criminal mischief.


    Dec. 3: Michael Moore is released on parole. He is in and out of jail and prison repeatedly on parole violations over the next few years.


    Jan. 10: Rachel Cooke, 19, is last seen jogging near her parents' Georgetown-area home, wearing a green running top and gray sweat pants.

    Jan. 12: Nearly 50 family members and friends search for Cooke around the North Lake subdivision. The Texas Department of Public Safety searches by helicopter, and the Austin Police Department searches with dogs.

    Jan. 18: Williamson County investigators look for a man who might have information about Cooke. Police describe the man as white, 18 to 25, 6 feet tall and weighing about 180 pounds. The man had black hair and was last seen driving a white pickup.

    Jan. 18: Michael Moore is arrested and charged with making a false alarm or report stemming from an incident unrelated to Cooke's disappearance. He is taken to the Williamson County Jail and remains in custody there until August. He returns to the custody of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice on a parole violation in September.

    May 31: Williamson County investigators release a composite of a man who was seen talking to a female jogger on FM 3405 the day Cooke vanished.

    June 24: Michael Moore pleads guilty to one count of credit or debit card abuse on Jan. 17 and two counts of theft on Jan. 18. He is sentenced to 14 months in state jail.


    Jan. 10: Cooke, now missing for a year, is honored in a ceremony outside Georgetown High School.

    April: A skeleton is discovered in a drainage culvert about 10 miles from the Cooke family home. Investigators determine that the remains belong to a Charles Kelsey, 67.

    June 5: Michael Moore is released from Criminal Justice Department on mandatory supervision.

    Sept. 23: Christina Moore, 35 and 14 weeks pregnant, is slain in her Round Rock home. Her 15-month-old daughter, Gracie, is left unharmed in her crib. The murder goes unsolved for more than a year.


    Jan. 22: A team of criminal investigators from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies is assembled to re-investigate the Cooke case.

    Feb. 26: Michael Moore is arrested on a parole violation. Since then, he has remained in custody at the Williamson County Jail or Criminal Justice Department facilities.

    Nov. 19: Michael Moore is indicted on charges of capital murder, felony murder, aggravated robbery and aggravated kidnapping in connection with Christina Moore's death.


    Feb. 10: A Williamson County jury acquits Michael Moore of capital murder but convicts him of felony murder, aggravated robbery and aggravated kidnapping after deliberating for more than 17 hours over two days. It was the first time that Williamson County prosecutors had sought a death-penalty conviction and lost.

    Feb. 13: Although already convicted, Moore pleaded guilty to killing Christina Moore in exchange for four concurrent life sentences that leave him eligible for parole in 30 years.

    August: Michael Moore contacts Williamson County authorities and says that he has information about Cooke's disappearance.

    Nov. 9: Authorities charge Michael Moore, now 31, with the murder of Cooke. Moore enters a plea of not guilty.

  15. LurkerXIV

    LurkerXIV Moderator

    Thanks, JR...

    for all these articles.

    Was Rachel wearing jewelry at the time of her disappearance?

    I wonder how thoroughly the police have interviewed the wife and stepchildren of Moore, and if they have gone through his "stash" of souvenirs.
    Maybe something there will connect him to the murder of Rachel.

    Is the FBI involved?
  16. koldkase

    koldkase FFJ Senior Member

    Thanks for all the info.

    I wonder how much evidence LE can have in a case of a woman who disappeared into thin air and has never been seen since.

    By way of saying, it seems quite possible to me that this guy Moore is sitting around in prison for life and wanted to get outside the same old walls and have a little fun.

    All the way up until he was going to enter his plea and make it legit.

    I hope this is not true, for the family. But Moore's obviously playing LE and has no conscience about it. The only question now is what is his game.
  17. JC

    JC Superior Cool Member

    Not that I agree with the death penalty, but I agree it was made for criminals like him, as is life in prison without parole.

    Michael Moore was convicted in February of murdering 35-year-old Christina Moore on Sept. 23, 2003. Christina Moore was 14 weeks pregnant when Michael Moore slit her throat as she knelt on the floor of her bedroom closet, her right arm restrained by a handcuff. He then stole her purse, some jewelry and her wedding rings, according to testimony heard during the trial.

    It's very scary that he can be paroled in 30 years.
  18. JC

    JC Superior Cool Member

    One of the other articles, regarding Christina Moore, says, "Christina, pregnant at the time of her murder, was found with a gash to her torso in the master bedroom of her closet."
  19. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    Rachel Cooke's Parents Speak Out

    Rachel Cooke's family is angry Friday and speaking out against Michael Moore's not guilty plea.

    Her father told KXAN that he couldn't believe Moore would put them through this situation and string them along.

    "We feel like we were being victimized a second time. But we've developed a new motto today, and that's, 'We're not done yet,'" Robert Cooke, Rachel Cooke's father, said.

    "He has decided to play with us a little bit, but we're still here. We're not going away," Janet Cooke, Rachel Cooke's mother, said.

    The Cookes say they believe Williamson County authorities have the right person in connection with their daughter's disappearance.

  20. "J_R"

    "J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

    I believe the FBI is part of Rachel's task force Lurker.

    If I ignore questions, please understand that I simply can't answer all of the questions being asked by everyone here and in PM's.

    What I will say is that as with any open case, some information should have been and should continue to be held back. That is what keeps lunatics like John Mark Karr from confessing to crimes they didn't commit - if LE and the DA do their homework.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice