The Murder of Sheriff's Deputy James McGrane Jr. In New Mexico

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Voyager, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Tez

Tez Member

Excellent news! He will face the death penalty right?

2. Niner

Niner Active Member

good to hear they found this piece of $hit!! Death penalty would be too good for this guy!

Good job New Mexico!!

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hoboy, Voyager! Guess someone is planning how to spend that reward right now! I hope they enjoy every penny of it.

John Walsh has been the criminal's worst nightmare for decades now. The man who kidnapped and murdered his son unleashed a scourge on killers that is awesome to behold.

Sadly, Mexico has a policy that they won't release captured criminals to the U.S. to face the death penalty. That's why killers like to go there. If they get caught there, Mexico won't extradite unless the U.S. agrees not to seek the death penalty.

I can't imagine how bittersweet this must be for LE. I hope they can figure out a special way to keep this *** in solitary for the rest of his life, because he must be thinking he'll be fine in prison with his gang buddies, spousal visits, etc.

4. koldkase

Well, here's an article from one of the links Voyager provided that gives hope the killer might face the death penalty after all. It's kind of confusing, as it only says Mexico is "reluctant" to return fugitives to face the death penalty. It seems to depend on the nationality according to this article.

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/nw_local/article/0,2564,ALBQ_19858_4592163,00.html

OK, at Voyager's second url, it says Mexico let this killer go back to the U.S. immediately, avoiding lengthy paperwork. But it seems the DA isn't yet revealing if there actually was an agreement to drop the death penalty. Hm. Maybe they're afraid someone will go after the guy and try to kill him.

On the other hand, if all that complicated paperwork usually involved with extraditing a fugitive back to the US with a guarantee of no death penalty has been waived, then there's only two things I can think of: either the US convinced Mexico to do so, or Mexico knows this guy is very dangerous and is glad to be shed of him. Also, maybe it's the status of citizenship, as the other article mentioned, but it will be interesting to see what happened there.

http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=749&Itemid=2

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Koldcase....

Hahaha! Some of our own New Mexico Sheriff's Deputies bailed Astorgas out of the Mexican Jail with their own money and once out of jail, the Mexican officials "deported" him for being in Mexico illegally.....Therefore bypassing all of the extradition nonsense....

He arrived back in Albuquerque today and is safely in lockup in our fair city waiting for an arraignment....We New Mexicans know how to get things done....I am going to call my nephew in a day or two and see if he was one of the ones who accessed his personal bank account to bail Astorgas out of the Mexican jail.....

Love it, love it....Let's call it "Frontier Justice" OK?! :wood:

Voyager :)

6. koldkase

OHMIGOD! That's brilliant! You watch! It'll show up on a tv show next season! I saw something like that on "The Closer" last year, but flipped, where a killer got away to Mexico, so the detectives got him arrested in Mexico for a crime that would put him in prison there for 40 years.

Well, guess that means the death penalty is on the table! Happy trails, killer! :devil:

7. Niner

Niner Active Member

Oh WOW! Let us know if he was one of those who bailed him out! OUTSTANDING Frontier Justice!! :cop: :cowboy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice