The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - New Broadway Production

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Sep 19, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

This stuff from the review is JUICY:

Paging Patsy Brodie!!!

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for thiis review Wombat. You have stirred my interest up again.

In a way, it's not a play I personally thought would have gone down well with an American audience; especially listening to the Scottish dialect, which is not an easy one to the untrained ear, and yet Miss West Virginia, Patsy Paugh was besotted by Miss Jean Brodie.

It's time I watched Maggie Smith again in the 1969 movie of "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" . I really did enjoy this. I haven't seen the Geraldine McEwan version made in 1978. She is, like Maggie Smith, an excellent actress. I'll buy this one too, to see how Geraldine tackles Miss Brodie. :)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0064840/
    1. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969)
    2. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1978) Does not come up when clicked on (?)

Couldn't resist reading more about Muriel Spark:

http://www.litencyc.com/php/sworks.php?rec=true&UID=7450

3. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I think Patsy was besotted by Muriel Spark.

4. Paradox

Bumped for interested readers.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Paradox, I can see why you say she was.

6. Paradox

I saw in the NYTimes that this is the last week for the play. I wonder what the interest in the play and movie rentals would be if the discussion of Patsy's use of the story in the death of her daughter went national or world wide.

7. wombat

wombat Member

I never got a chance to go see it - and didn't want to very much, because the reviews said they took the evil out of Miss Brodie.

Yes, if people knew about Patsy Stranger-Brody, I think interest might have been higher. Mainly people went to see it because of Cynthia Nixon, who is just the toast of drama-Broadway these days.

8. Paradox

Politically correct Jean Brodie, a sign of the times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice