The value of a forum.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JC, Dec 13, 2005.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

If cybersleuths was worth $40,000, how much would Susan Bennet's be worth?

Surely it would be considered an asset, worth some amount of money.

2. Elle

Elle Member

With the notoriety of Jameson, JC, yes, I think it would go for a good price.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for Bennett's forum.

But, it's an interesting question, because if one were listing one's assets for legal purposes, wouldn't one have to include the worth of a forum? I mean, if CS was worth $40,000 on the market...

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Since you asked......

Well, let's just say that if you take one $200.00 computer and ignore any and all Karma Trains, the value, to at least me, is PRICELESS!

RR!

5. RiverRat

$50 x ?

jameson
    Member since 5-8-02
    02-19-04, 09:53 PM (EST)

"To Join the Discussion"

To join the forum discussions
    This forum is protected and moderated. The Terms of Service are linked to the lobby - click the link at the top of the page.

Members register by email using real name, address and phone. I don't share that information with anyone - - but if you libel someone, and the lawyers call, you own your own words. (Don't think it isn't
    the same elsewhere - - the protected forums all capture IP's) Members also support the forums financially. The membership fee is $50.00 a year and that helps pay the bills. Membership is from January 1st through December 31st. (I am not a dedicated bookkeeper, I am taking the easy way out.)

If a member joins then leaves, there is no refund. If a member joins and breaks the rules (attacks other posters, disrupts the group, knowingly posts misinformation in what I feel is an effort to discredit the group) they are deactivated and again there is no refund.

Why should members pay? Well, it doesn't seem right for my husband to take on the cost for EVERYONE's addiction. But there has been another advantage. Flamers and troublemakers are hesitant to send in $50.00 just to come on and post vile - - they are quickly deleted and they lose the money. We don't have that problem anymore.

Is it too much? I don't think so. It is less than $5.00 a month - - the cost of 10 McDonald's meals. All the posters have homes, electricity, computers, Internet access... if they use the forum every day for just 50 days, entertainment at $1.00 a day,
    I figure they got a bargain.

Members are welcome to join us in all discussions, no POV will be deleted. I do insist that the threads remain focused on the subject at hand and that the discussion remain civil, but NO ONE is censured
    because they disagree with anyone else - - just do it nicely.

To join, email me at jameson245@aol.com
    Checks are to be made out to jameson and mailed to
    jameson
    PO Box 5333
    Hickory, NC 28603

6. Watching You

I wonder if she reported the income from those happy meals...

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Her forum is a very valuable asset. I am sure she would agree.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Neither would I, WY, but I'll guarantee there is some fool out there who will.

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That is so true, Elle.

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor:

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

If it were for legal purposes, and ownership of her internet forum were omitted (hidden?), I would think there would be a hefty legal fine.

12. Watching You

Fraud isn't looked upon kindly by the courts.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Not to mention the IRS, eh?

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I'd buy it for a fiver.

15. RiverRat

Why?!

RR

16. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Swampland doesn't go for very much money.

IMO Jamland is of the hir-will-pay-YOU to join type....but then again I've seen hir on the forums before hir had one of hir own. I was shocked when Jams began to charge to join the thing!

What hir did to a lot of hir customers:

Take their money and kick them out when they dared to voice any doubt about the Rams innocence.

Post pics, addresses etc. of hir customers.

Take on fake hats and insult them also.

17. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It's a Scottish expression. It means that you don't think something is worth very much.

18. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Still, would you ever have dreamed the cybersleuths website would be worth 40K? I wouldn't have.

19. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Reminds me of the old Robo Cop movie.....'I'll buy that for a dollar.'

I think the price of CS is over inflated, then again the county did the same thing to my house to raise taxes.

:code6: Cute emoticon.

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I awarded myself one of those for paying her $50 and additionally sending a small contribution toward the wounded's membership early in '04. :) She can say she "gave" the woundeds a place to put his story all she wants. She was "paid in full" and she gave them and me the boot.

God is good.

Getting back to legal documents, some of those specifically ask for "all other names" one goes by. They say something like, "include married, maiden, and trade names."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice