Tracey to pen new JonBenet book

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Step right up folks...get your tinfoil hat right here...comes in all sizes from normal to severe paranoia...we :bee: styl'in now!

Attached Files:

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Moab--are you watching Big Love? I am completely hooked on that show.

3. Elle

Elle Member

I like this hat, Moab. Did you have fun making making it! Or, did you just come across it?

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OHMIGOD! It's the new Styl'in Tinfoil Transmitter 2006! I've been looking for those everywhere! Did you corner the market, Moab?! You sly little marketing minx....

Speaking of clever marketing minxes...a shower on the bus? Oh, that'll help when we hit Colorado and the bus bursts into flames! I get it! THEN Zott will be making a killing...so to speak.... Guess I better cash out my beer can collection, huh? I hear those sheilas are ruthless when it comes to money! Ebay, here I come!

Take that, Satan!

Hi ho...hi ho...it's on the bus I go....

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I knew me Mate wouldn't :bee: -foiled on the fact that it was a transmitter too!

I actually came across it Elle, but I made a couple of tweaks and now I HAVE THE PATENT!

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I am not Bob, because I have never heard of it. Channel? Time? Day?

7. BobC

Big Love is a series on HBO and the most fascinating TV series I've ever seen. It's about a polygamist Mormon's family. It has this goody goody Mormon thing going on on the surface, but there's this undercurrent of evil running through it. Big Love and the Sopranos have made me realize that Americans are still capable of creating great popular culture.

Is Texan here? I'd love to hear what she thinks of Big Love.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

OK, thanks Bob, I will look it up. I have been following Jeffs and the bounty on his head, the FLDS in Texas and at least they are starting to prosecute some of these families. Did you ever read Under the Banner of Heaven?

9. BobC

Yes I did! I've been on a Mormon kick lately. It's a fascinating story, historically.

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yeah, it really is a facinating book. Amazing though how some LDS will say..."That book isn't true".

11. BobC

Well I'm just naturally fascinated by wierd sub-cultures like these renegade Mormon sects who promote polygamy. "Under Heaven's Banner" is really a history of these sects--it explores the extremes of the Mormon world. I would imagine some Mormon's get paranoid that people will think all Mormons practice polygamy or take child brides, which isn't true. But still, politics should keep its mitts OFF art.

I'll tell you one thing, Big Love totally stresses me out. The tension between the three wives, the 7-and-counting kids, the having to keep the polygamy angle secret--all of it, it's stressful! Big Love seriously shows that world colliding with the modern world every episode. It's incredibly well done.

12. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

"a shower on the bus?"

Well of course...there's no need to compromise on personal hygiene....

If you and Moab are setting up a stall inside the bus selling your hats, I'll be looking to offload...errr, I mean enrich the lives of those on board...with my special authentic Aussie emu-oil soaps...

Jay can have a "haggis-to-go" stall, served in polystyrene cups for our snacks on the way....

In-bus entertainment yet to be determined, but we DO have Bob.

13. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I could entertain you all with my special soprano rendition of "Three craws sat upon a wa'". Elle and KK could accompany me with the spoons and harmonica respectively.

14. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

what a fiasco

Members of our church are really not happy about the show from the e-mails I have received because the family is not really mormon - nor are the other polygamist families that are out there. As I'm sure you know, polygamists are excommunicated from the church and whoever produces these shows likes to hint that these families are mormon to promote their shows. Polygamists usually start their own little church so they can be a big fish in a little pond. I don't get HBO so I haven't watched it.
    That being said however: I know some about the history of polygamy in the church - some have definitely tried to sanitize it, but it is what it is. I believe as it originally began (before there were any laws about it in this country) it might have been a good thing with alot of the mormon women needing a husband but there were far less men than women but the practice was abused. I think most mormons would agree that there is some biblical basis for the practice of polygamy (it was practiced quite a bit in the Old Testament) but they also would not want to practice it now. Mr. Texan says its hard enough to deal with me without adding another female into the mix but I think I could use some help with the laundry and dishes around here. lol
    Or - how about two husbands for one wife. The renovations that have been going on for over a year on this old house we live in could be done by now.

15. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Texan,

What a great post! You always have a level-headed and knowlegable approach. I can't go with the two husband thingie or even one since I am working 80 hour weeks this last month or so, I don't need the added chore of picking up after anyone other than myself, but I too could use help with the laundry and cleaning and stuff. Can I just have the sister-wife without the husband? Oh Heck...I'll just hire a maid and be done with it!

I knew when Bob said he wanted your comments that I wanted to hear your views on polygamy as well, and true to your fashion, you tell it straight up! As with anything that might have started out for a good reason, polygamy today is against the law. Not only against the laws of the church (right?) but the laws of the states by which everyone of any religion must live. Then, when coupled with the breaking away to the FLDS, we get into under age marriages, etc. which involves sexual abuse of underage children, statutory rape, and even some cases of incest, all of which is what they are prosecuting these days. Rock on Texan...we both feel the same way when it comes to crimes against kids!

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I am stunned you didn't ask me to play the washboard! It's going to take a lot of wiggling on your part to get out of ignoring me.
    [​IMG]

17. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Well, nobody asked the BORI'ngs to play the Lyre, but they're doing it every day, anyway.

Perhaps a good kazoo or a squeeze box would be called for to accompany Jayelles on this one...

I'll never sign up, I just follow along in my incognito vehicle, close enough to put a tail on the bus, but far enough back so as not to draw suspicion.

We're all going the same direction. Maybe it's the loud music and the ability to park easily that keeps me in this vehicle, lurking. :tsmile:

18. BobC

We love Texan! I totally agree that keeping one relationship together is a fulltime job--keeping three is just masochism. Did I spell that right? Anyway--if anything, I think Big Love won't exactly convert anybody to the polygamist lifestyle. I feel stressed out after every show!!

19. Niner

Niner Active Member

that's good enough for me! :yes:

20. Niner

Niner Active Member

:floor: :floor:

and 'dibs' - I'd like a window seat!! :bowdown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice