Whackadoodles Evening 2

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yep, they are all good, and some of those Topix posters belong to FFJ under another hat. ;) Unfortunately, that is necessary because IPs/hometowns show up at Topix (unless you're on AOL), and for those of us who are a wee bit paranoid about net crazies, it's good to keep them confused as to who is who, and where who lives. :balloon:

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Solace/sboyd - I just want to say I appreciate you fending off the IDIs wherever you are. I know it takes a lot out of person to deal with their illogic and venom. I admire your chutzpah and your perseverance in trying to post the truth about the Ramsey case wherever you are.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Well, I have to say that with Solace, what you see is what you get - and I prefer that any day over someone who says one thing privately and quite another publicly. I don't know how to deal with folk like that. It gives me the creeps.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't like the posting of IPs/hometowns at Topix, and that is exactly the reason I won't post there. It's nobody's business where I live (even under a different hat) except for those I choose to tell. My IP would come up under my place of employment, whether I posted from work or home. It's not worth it, to me.

5. sboyd

sboyd Member

My pleasure Darlin. Shill is a zero and gets his kicks posting drunken lewd comments and the whackadoo posters, such as Evening 2 and Eagle 1 just love him. Go figure.

6. sboyd

sboyd Member

I know they do post the home town, but they have mine wrong on Topix. In fact I did not even choose the name ROTM, it just appeared when I replied to a topic so I kept it.

7. Jayelles

That's interesting because someone else told me that they'd been "allocated" a username there too. Is that a new thing or do you think it's a cached username?

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The topix program is weird in a lot of ways. It has a timer on threads/posts, so if you're posting a long post, you can work on it too long and then you hit "submit" or whatever and POOF! Gone. I learned the hard way to save each post before I ever submit it. The funny thing is those who tend towards paranoia get a bit spooked when they lose their posts this way.

Also, topix sometimes has a feature on when posts show up, then disappear for a short time, then show back up. The result is you might post the same post two or more times, thinking it got lost from the thread. hahaha I've done that.

But for some reason, my "location" shows up as United States. Works for me!

Sbody, I didn't know you are ROTM. I've wondered if ROTM was a member of FFJ, but couldn't figure it out. :highfive:

Also, does anyone know who "Miss Priss" is there, in "hat" terms, I mean? I swear, my brain hardly works anymore, and I thought she was a swampster for some reason. One day I got a little snippy with her, over a fight she was having with another poster whom I don't care for, but which had gone a little over-the-top, and then she was so nice about it, it occurred to me she might not be a swampster, but one of us. Not that that should have mattered.... :winko: Anyhow, if any of you are Miss Priss, I apologize for being so grumpy that day. It was just a topic that sets me off and I over-reacted, I realized. Mea culpa.

9. sboyd

sboyd Member

I think it was a fluke. I think it might have been a phrase in the subject line and I responded to it.

10. AMES

AMES Member

Did you say to yourself..."Hmmmm, now that sounds like a great place to live...I think that I will keep it". LOL

I don't post over at Topix, because I can barely keep up with FFJ and WBS...if I threw another one in there, I would forget what my kids look like.

11. AMES

AMES Member

Shill makes things up as he goes along. I have never figured out why all of the other posters there, think that he is the best thing since sliced bread.

12. sboyd

sboyd Member

I was actually going to put my name, but that came up and I said "okay".

13. AMES

AMES Member

LOL that is way too funny!! They chose all of the information for you. (AGE: 18 ....."Yeah, ummm 18, I'll go with that... sounds good to me.) Sounds like something that CL would do.

14. Jayelles

I reckon that some think he is great because he insults "the enemy". A while back CL introduced a reputation system and members could "vote" for a post. It soon became evident that every time Shill made a vile insulting post his reputation increased. When I saw this happening, I proposed that reputation comments should be made public - that way we would all have seen who was voting for which posts and why. I think if they'd done that there would have been a few red faces ...

I wonder whether if any of them became the subject of Shill's posts, would they still think he was such a great guy? I think that is the ultimate test of whether we like/respect someone for the right reasons.

ETA - Forgot to say, I think it speaks volumes that the same group haven't fallen over themselves to persuade Bullmoose to join the new forum. Bullmoose is also an IDI poster but he's a MUCH nicer and infinitely more intelligent person who manages to get along with both sides. No, I think the reason they wanted Shill to be at the new forum was almost certainly for the purposes of "entertainment".

15. sboyd

sboyd Member

They chose and I let them. I am sure LF and others thought it was a great coverup by me, but it really was an accident that I let continue.

16. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...I don't blame you...that was pretty smart of you. Do they realize who you really are, though?? Have they figured it out, yet?

17. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, I noticed when I came back to the board for a little while...that Shill had alot of votes. I think that he had more than any other poster....he was REAL popular. I thought that it was funny that the other posters cheered him on when he insulted me, an RDI....but if I went onto another thread...one where you could just "shoot the breeze", they were as nice to me as they could be. It's like they all turned on me, the minute I entered the JB thread. I couldn't take Shill any longer, he ran up my blood pressure..and I don't even HAVE high blood pressure. His posts made me see red. I was pregnant at that time, and just didn't think that it was worth it to stay. I got tired of the many, MANY infractions that I got for NOTHING. I posted that John had told three different people at three different times that he READ to JB that night, but I couldn't find a link...so I got an infraction. Another poster, I believe that it was rashomon, posted the link for me. But yet, my infraction remained. That was just the last straw for me. Funny how the IDI's could post what the heck ever they wanted to...without links, and they didn't get an infraction. The board was not fair to RDI's.

18. sboyd

sboyd Member

Yes they have. How is the baby?

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Y'all do know that Freshwater is a HUGE Ramsey supporter, right? She used to have a link to her personal pages on the case--was that at CTV or Crime Library? She's IDI all the way. Of course, y'all knew that. I didn't when I posted on the CTV JB forum years ago, and one day all my posts got wiped out when I got banned on the Michael Jackson forum in the middle of a big flame-out with about a dozen other posters. It was one of those sweeping bans--you're on the thread, you got banned. I wasn't the worst flamer by a long shot, but anyhow...to have everything I'd ever written on every forum there disappear, especially JB...what a waste of energy to post there. So I never joined again. It wasn't a good forum to participate in anyway, as it had so many thousands of posters, when news broke in any case, the threads would fly off the front page in minutes, with dozens of new threads being made left and right and new posts on others. Impossible to even keep a coherent discussion going.

Then it all changed. I honestly can't even tell you what they did. Did it become Crime Library? Or another forum? It confused me entirely. So I just read sometimes by going to CTV and looking for their "forum" link, if there are cases I'm trying to follow. Now CTV is TruTV, with that really lame "...ACTUALITY..." sound bite. I'm getting old, aren't I?

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I thought that was Coldwater that was so bad on the old CTV board, and Freshwater was fine until she went to CL...I'm so confused!
    :floor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice