What Michigan voters need to know about JR

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Any news on Ramsey's campaign

or lack thereof?

I think the public needs to be aware that the Ramseys never take responsibility for anything - it's always someone else's fault. They also have a history of throwing their friends under the bus if it will protect their hides.

2. Niner

Niner Active Member

sorry to bring up an older thread - but I was reading at Purgatory and came across this statment by jahazafat:
    that will be a GOOD thing!! :monty:

see you all later - until next weekend! :hiya:

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

You bring up an excellent point WY, as always.

This man, who is running on the Republican ticket, here in the United States of America is the same man who refused to take a lie detector test administered by the FBI or any other LE agency because he didn't trust them. He also has badmouthed LE everywhere like you said.

I think that is a very important point and something voters in Michigan should be well aware of, besides the fact that JR is just an :(:(:( who shouldn't represent any law abiding citizen, given his and his family's selfish acts in the face of a murder investigation of their own daughter!

4. Watching You

Spade brought up a good point

on another thread - that Ramsey still owes his Colorado lawyers thousands of $$ for keeping his and his wife's butts out of jail. Is this the kind of integrity Michiganers want representing them - a man who supposedly has settlement after settlement that has made his Atlanta civil attorney very wealthy, according to him, but who has not paid his other attorneys?

5. Spade

Spade Member

Thanks to Jayelles

for reminding me of this this no class moment from Patsy & Uncle Johnny's 1998 "interview" with Mary Keenan when they all tried to throw Santa under the bus:

3 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, he was very effeminate;
    4 he wasn't a jovial Santa Claus. He was kind of a
    5 gay Santa Claus; I don't know how else to put it.
    6 He always use to Ho, Ho, Ho.
    7 PATSY RAMSEY: Not in a deep voice.
    8 JOHN RAMSEY: It was kind of -- this is not
    9 Santa Claus. (INAUDIBLE).
    10 PATSY RAMSEY: Give me a ho, ho, ho.
    11 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. So he was a bit strange
    12 that way. And he never got out of that act, and I
    13 never saw him any different than that. Even when
    14 we'd be coming to the door and we'd always be
    15 talking to him, as adults.
    16 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah. He was always playing
    17 the roll of the (GESTICULATING EFFEMINATELY).
    18 DAN SHULER: So you saw him several times
    19 out of the Santa suit, right?
    20 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
    21 JOHN RAMSEY: No. It was always --
    22 PATSY RAMSEY: He was always circulating the
    23 party. He wouldn't say, "Hey, can I have a beer."
    24 He was always (GESTICULATING EFFEMINATELY).
    25 JOHN RAMSEY: He was this very (INAUDIBLE),
    1 just very --
    2 DAN SHULER: More of a (INAUDIBLE)?
    3 JOHN RAMSEY: Shirley Temple was more of a
    4 man than he was.

I'm sure the voters of Michigan don't want a "man" who slanders Santa Claus representing them in the State legislature.

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

AND I'm sure the gay voters of Michigan don't want obvious bigots like this representing them either......

7. Spade

Spade Member

Maybe

the voters of MI will get an answer to this key question. (From the 2000 interviews in LinWad's office)

21 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, it is
    22 our belief based on forensic evidence that
    23 there are hairs that are associated, that the
    24 source is the collared black shirt that you
    25 sent us that are found in your daughter's
    1 underpants, and I wondered if you --
    2 A. ********. I don't believe that.
    3 I don't buy it. If you are trying to
    4 disgrace my relationship with my daughter --

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Michigan, Wake Up!!!

House Seat for Daddy Who Played House?

9. Watching You

Voters should be aware that Ramsey's idea of "cooperation" with the police who were investigating his daughter's death was to not only stonewall them but also to state that he "would be insulted if asked to take a polygraph examination..." immediately after being asked, unequivocably, if he would submit to a polygraph.

Voters should also be aware that after refusing an FBI-administered polygraph, he shopped around and hired his own polygrapher to administer the test to him and Patsy. There were no representatives from the BPD investigative team present during those polygraphs, and there have been claims that it took several attempts for Ramsey's wife, Patsy, to pass the test.

Is this the kind of man voters want representing them? With the controversy still swirling around John and Patsy Ramsey in the open murder investigation of their daughter, it seems to me that Ramsey is a very high-risk candidate for any position serving taxpayers.

10. imon128

imon128 Banned

Also, the Ramseys got the questions for THEIR polygraph ahead of time, per John's own words in paperback DOI.

11. Watching You

Well, you know what they say, Imon, about "practice makes perfect."

Seems pretty fishy to me. :fish:

12. imon128

imon128 Banned

LOL, speaking of fish, it is fishy...that old adage carpe, hmmm, diem? Noooo, maybe it's carpe stinkum? :lame:

Even having practiced it, Patsy must have lost her magna cum laude brain, since she flunked hers more than once, right?

13. Watching You

Well, I did hear that about Patsy, Imon. Who would know, though, since everything was done in an OJ sort of way - behind closed doors with only RSTers present. I mean, :wtf:

14. Watching You

Ramsey Campaign Song

I am Ramsey, vote for me
    I’m as honest as can be
    The only thing that stands between
    Fame and fortune for my queen
    Is FFJ and those damned old bees.

I’m the best friend you could cite
    Just ask Fleet and Pricilla White
    They’ll tell you all I’ve done for them
    I’m so honest, not one blem
    Pay no attention to those damned old bees.

I have references, you’ll be impressed
    There’s jams and mame and Smit’s the best
    If that’s not enough, friends of mine
    I refer you to that Bitchkoff Stine
    But I can’t get rid of those damned old bees.

The past is gone, how long has it been?
    What matter, must we go there again?
    That child is so yesterday, and we must move on
    Our future awaits us, our public will come
    If only we can get rid of those damned old bees.

bzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

That was a roar WY!!!

So befitting and so well thought.

I'm Damn proud to know you and everyone here, this entire thread should be sent in small portions to every Michigan newspaper that will take it.

:bullseye:

16. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Money is everything to these people....

I would like Michigan voters to know that over the past seven years John Ramsey has made some off the wall remarks about people with less money than him, he specifically targeted Bill McReynolds in his interviews with police but couldn't come up with more than "he didn't have two nickels to rub together" and other comments about how much money he thought McReynold's didn't have

When he and Patsy got together after their June 1998 interviews, it was much, much worse...
    [from JonBenet The Police Files--Pg. 377]
    PR: I mean, I really hadn't planned on it, but you know, he'd do it for free, and I said I suppose I could. So we decided on the 23rd.

JR: And Mrs. Claus came with him on that visit. That's the only time she's been to our house... I remembered thinking she was really kind of...

PR: Drippy.

JR: - a drip. She really wasn't with it. She was just there, almost acting kind of irritated to be there. Didn't smile much at all... He came in and said he was frail and his wife was there to help him.
    (continued below)

This is one of the absolute meanest things I have ever heard anyone say, they called Janet McReynolds a "drip" and are totally trying to implicate that she was an accomplice in the crime, how inconsiderate and how telling in terms of what the Ramsey's are like on the inside; they figured it would be no big deal to toss Janet and Bill into the fire with Fleet and Priscilla, as long as it wasn't John and Patsy going into the fire it could've been the pope.

(continued)
    DS: Was he frail?

JR: Not if he was in New York (to appear on news shows about JonBenet's murder) and off to Europe (a planned vacation to Spain) a few weeks later.

This is another insinuation, John is a despicable man for trying to pull this garbage.

DS: What year was it that JonBenet took him around the house and showed him the house?

PR: Well, it was the preceding year of this, so it would have been probably '95.

Mary Keenan: What was the story with Charles Kuralt, and did that materialize?

PR: They never came to our house. However, there was an article in the (Boulder Daily) Camera about -- cause I thought, when he called about that, I thought, that's a little strange. I mean why did they pick him of all the Santas in the world or whatever? And then, lo and behold, it was in the paper that--

17. imon128

imon128 Banned

And wasn't it McSanta about whom John said 'he didn't have two nickels to rub together'?

John's cheapness shown through with the original amount of reward money as well. Originally he offered $50,000, then the Globe came out and offered $100,000 (Globe immediately upped their reward money substantially) so John then decided he, too, could offer up $100,000. Speaking of which, why doesn't he have a website up with the reward money being offered, along with some tribute to JB or names and numbers of the investigative team?

I won't buy into the fact that they are so 'poor' now and couldn't come up with the $100,000. You'd think he'd sell everything he owns to get the 'intruder' tip. He's not quite the salesman he sees himself as being, in his mind.

EDITED to add the ransom note amount was a really small amount that might be attributed to a cheapskate.

18. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Log Cabin Republicans

I am sure the Log Cabin Republicans of Michigan (gays and lesbians) would like to hear from all of you about John Ramsey's bigoted remarks about Bill McReynolds. Their website is still under construction:

http://www.logcabinrepublicansmi.org/

In the meantime, you can call or email the national organization:

OFFICES & CONTACT INFORMATION

Washington, D.C. Headquarters
    Log Cabin Republicans
    1607 17th St N.W.
    Washington, DC 20009

phone: (202) 347-5306
    fax: (202) 347-5224

communications@logcabin.org

19. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Here's my email. I just sent it.

As you may know, John Ramsey, who has been referred to as being under an umbrella of suspicion in the murder of his daughter JonBenet Ramsey by Governor Owens of Colorado, is running for the Republican nomination for state legislator from Upper Michigan.

Here are remarks that Ramsey made in a sworn statement regarding acquaintance Bill McReynolds, journalism professor (now deceased):

Excerpted from Patsy & John Ramsey's 1998 interview with Boulder DA Mary Keenan in re: Bill McReynolds

3 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, he was very effeminate;
    4 he wasn't a jovial Santa Claus. He was kind of a
    5 gay Santa Claus; I don't know how else to put it.
    6 He always use to Ho, Ho, Ho.
    7 PATSY RAMSEY: Not in a deep voice.
    8 JOHN RAMSEY: It was kind of -- this is not
    9 Santa Claus. (INAUDIBLE).
    10 PATSY RAMSEY: Give me a ho, ho, ho.
    11 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. So he was a bit strange
    12 that way. And he never got out of that act, and I
    13 never saw him any different than that. Even when
    14 we'd be coming to the door and we'd always be
    15 talking to him, as adults.
    16 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah. He was always playing
    17 the roll of the (GESTICULATING EFFEMINATELY).
    18 DAN SHULER: So you saw him several times
    19 out of the Santa suit, right?
    20 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
    21 JOHN RAMSEY: No. It was always --
    22 PATSY RAMSEY: He was always circulating the
    23 party. He wouldn't say, "Hey, can I have a beer."
    24 He was always (GESTICULATING EFFEMINATELY).
    25 JOHN RAMSEY: He was this very (INAUDIBLE),

1 just very --
    2 DAN SHULER: More of a (INAUDIBLE)?
    3 JOHN RAMSEY: Shirley Temple was more of a
    4 man than he was.

My remarks--nice guy, this John Ramsey. Surely Michigan Republicans can do better than this.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

I can think of a few more people the Ramseys have no respect or value for, and have disparaged publicly over the years!

Internet folk:
    Let's not overlook the fact that the Ramseys have been very disparaging toward all those concerned people around the world and in the U.S. (Michigan included) that have taken more of an interest than they have in the murder of their daughter, we "the little people" who have the power of the vote. What gratitude or respect have the Ramseys shown us? While the Ramseys have been "surviving" and "getting on with their lives," they've tagged us "beer can collectors" or how about their attorney's remarks, old ladies with cats, needing to get a life, irrelevant?

Media:
    Wasn't it the Ramseys who, within days of their daughter's brutal murder, hired PR consultants and took THEIR case to the media? The media was their best friend, a forum to get attention, spin their defense, yet not until they hooked up with Lin Wood did they flip-flop on their precious media then, all for the purpose of filing lawsuits?

Ok, so the media supposedly sees this case as its own personal cash cow. How do the Ramseys explain publishing their own book the very same year the GJ didn't indict, not to find the killer of their daughter, but to tell THEIR side, exhonerate THEIR public images AND rake in millions in royalties that were supposed to be funneled into the JBR Foundation but somehow never made it, and only AFTER those millions paid "legal fees."

Let's see, LW stated publicly his fees were contingency, and therefore subtracted out of all those settlement funds from suits against the "sharks" and not from any royalties or Ramsey personal funds, and Haddon Morgan Foreman have never been paid in full. So if all those royalties off DOI didn't go into the foundation or pay any legal fees, just where DID they go???? And where did all those millions go from the lawsuits after LW took his cut????

BPD:
    It was only after hooking up with the Woodster that the Ramseys' now infamous public disgruntlement developed with the BPD investigation. From the same CNN transcript:

It was only after Lin Wood entered the Ramsey picture that Patsy Ramsey's vileness began dripping from her lips towards Steve Thomas. Who can forget that confrontation on Larry King Live?

FBI:
    Wasn't it John Ramsey himself who testified to police in the early days of the investigation that he wanted, even demanded, FBI involvement? At what point did the Ramseys then flip-flop on themselves to claim the FBI was biased against them and supporting a biased BPD investigation? On the case timeline, it was shortly after Lin Wood was retained to sue the media and threaten lawsuits against the BDA.

Governor Owens:
    Back in 2000, the esteemed governor was making public statements clearly revealing that the Ramseys were still considered primary suspects, still under the umbrella of suspicion and demanding that they quit "hiding behind lawyers" to come back to Boulder and meet with police. It was only then, shortly after Lin Wood was retained, that the Ramseys came out publicly with very derogatory remarks about him!

City of Boulder/State of Colorado:
    In the early days of the investigation, wasn't it the Ramseys who were being fed cookies and coffee, handled with kid gloves, by the BDA during interviews? Wasn't it the Ramseys who were the center of their inner-circle friends and church's attention, lapping up all that compassion and support?

Yet no sooner than Lin Wood was hired on, wasn't it then the Ramseys who threatened to sue the entire City of Boulder, the state of Colorado, including the BPD and BDA, if the now biased BPD continued to handle the investigation?

It has been an amazing thing watching the Ramseys' performances since hiring Lin Wood, the "attorney for the damned" as they have systematically publicly condemned every legal authority, every law enforcement authority, every media representative and every private citizen who has ever had the audacity to suspect their culpability in this case, whom they pre-LW cozied up to.

Haven't the Ramseys sufficiently proven their only loyalty in life is to whomever indulges their need for attention, adulation and money, and that they will crawl in and out of bed with anyone and everyone to get it????

One has to ask, with the utter condescension, disrespect and venomous conduct of these people toward the law, those who uphold and enforce it, and all those who believe in the 1st Amendment and their rights under it, i.e., all that this country stands for in its Constitution and legal system, is John Ramsey REALLY fit to represent the interests of any of his constituents or stand as a role model of U.S. politics?

With all the alleged millions of dollars these people have made under Lin Wood's tutelage over the last few years in lawsuit settlements, book royalties and speakers' fees, why are they still crying poor mouth, claiming they have spent it all on legal fees to defend against false allegations when clearly no legal fees have been paid out of their own pockets to their own deprivation? Why hasn't all that money gone into the JBR Foundation to further their once-stated passionate cause of finding their daughter's killer and/or protecting other children from such victimization? Where DID all that money go?

Does John Ramsey's contempt for ALL these good people and his slight-of-hand money management strategies really qualify him for political office?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice