Why is Ramsey Running? Need all thoughts.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Run John, Run...

Why is John Ramsey running for public office?

My, oh my, that is a tough one.

Let’s see. It couldn’t be because he’s interested in improving the conditions of his fellow citizens, or inspiring them to a better way of life. We, who know him, know that much.

Then, why, oh why could he possibly be interested in running for public office? I agree with most all of what my wise and smart colleagues have previously stated. So, I delve into my old ticker and ask meself, why?

Why, indeed!

He will NEVER, and I mean, NEVER, be able to stop the slings and arrows that have been, and still are, being propelled towards his reputation. His tarnished image will (and he is smart enough to know this) follow him to his grave. What to do? Oh, what to do, to insure that his last breadth on this earth will be kinder to him that that?

He is, IMHO, just egotistical (and/or psychotic) enough to believe (and I mean REALLY BELIEVE) that he can turn the public’s perception of him around. What better way to do this than to seek public office? Once embedded into a respectable position, he will show the world that he is, after all, worthy of respect and love. Naturally, the world will, thereafter, just forget about his daughter, buried six feet under, in the cold, hard clay of Georgia soil. If that’s what he’s thinking, he had better think again!

Whereas most of us just want to live out our lives in good health and security (as we take
    our good reputations for granted) John Ramsey is thinking of something else. You better believe that he is thinking of something else!

He’s probably thinking of who will give his eulogy and what he or she might say. And, he's probably very concerned about the wording in his obit. He knows, that up until now, there are not a lot of good things that can be said. Nothing good will ever enter his life until his daughter’s murder is solved. Everyone who had any part in murdering that little girl enters into a wasteland of hopelessness.

No matter how blasé he may seem on the outside, JR is a bundle of insecurity, regret and misery. He must have nightmares about that December night, some eight years ago. He must see that sweet face of JonBenet in his dreams, over and over again.

He probably erroneously thinks that securing a public office will make the nightmares go away. There is no escaping the spiritual punishment of ethereal law, Mr. Ramsey, even if you do escape the civil punishment of earthly law.

As for your election, Sir, don’t count on my vote.

GL
    P.S. Is that really you, Wilton? Where have you been?

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I'm late on this thread,

So I'll just say:

What Deja Nu said!! Dittoes. :thumbsup:

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

My Initial Reaction was.....

Burke reaching the age of 18 and that cash-cow drying up from the lawsuits on his behalf. John and Patsy HAVE to be in the news for them to sue the news.

RR

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Differing Opinion....

I have offered this opinion before and never received any interesting responses....

I have always believed that John and Patsy Ramsey actually want to be identified by authorities as the murderers of their daughter, JonBenet....

It is obvious to me that through the many public and foolish acts that they have accomplished since the murder, that they unconsciencely want to be punished for their daughters murder....Even though John and Patsy may not realize what they are doing, from the very beginning with the CNN interview, they have been pointing the finger of guilt at themselves, saying please eliminate all of the suspects that we suggest or name and realize that we are truly the only suspects who make sense....We are exposing ourselves publicly, time after time in every way that we know how....Please take all of the hints, the contradictions, the personality traits and the obvious lies and put them all together...

Please all of you expert detectives, DA's, news people, internet beer can collectors, and freelance internet freeks, take all of the clues we have given you, put the case together, and punish us for the horrible murder we have committed upon our own child....

This is the motivation of both John and Patsy, as I have always seen it, in remaining in the public eye....As Christian oriented people, they truly feel an unconsciencous need to be punished...

Working to fullfill the Ramsey's unrealized dreams,
    Voyager

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Like Lurker said,

I too, am coming late to this thread. I have to agree with what everyone has said. And I think back to when we all first heard about the sudden move to Michagan from Atlanta and whisking Burke out of school in the middle of a term. It all seemed so sudden and questionable. After we heard that John was running for office or at least going to run for office the motive for moving became clear.

I do think that the Ramseys have always felt accepted there in Charlievoix maybe because of the geographical distance from Boulder or the type of people who inhabit the city of Charlievoix. And then some friiend of John's suggested he run for the seat because....he has the time, needs the money and is a Republican. Isn't that all it takes to run for a state office. I would love to see how their campaign donations are doing after the request by Patsy of $500 each. Yikes. Don't forget this office is only a two year office. Even if and heaven forbid he wins, he will have to campaign all over again in two years. That takes a lot of money all over again. And by then he will have earned some kind of record in the State office...good or bad or nothing at all. And in this day and age a negative record or a bland record will not help you last. So....

All in all I have to say that ego is the main driving force. And he continues to be the master of misdirection by putting himself out before the public to be voted on so he can say........Look at me I am innocent or I wouldn't be running for office. Oh pooh

6. Elle

Elle Member

Ramsey missed being a CEO

I think John Ramsey is running because he misses the prestige he had while as an acting CEO with Access Graphics. There is a lot of social action which goes with this type of job, as well as the adrenalin of running the business. I remember during my own husband's working years, as he was climbing up the ladder with the company he worked for. He is a retired Civil Engineer, and was in Management and he brushed shoulders with those at the very top. This meant invitations to their homes wherever we happened to be, and this also meant buying new outfits to attend these functions, and of course, the wife of the man-at-the-top was always on display. She was another Patsy Ramsey, and enjoyed it to the hilt!

After JonBenét's death, all the glamour attached to John Ramsey's job evaporated, and instead of being the attractive executive couple, they became a couple who were under the "umbrella of suspicion" for the death of their daughter, and even known as "the most hated couple in America."

Not too many companies were eager to hire John Ramsey for any executive position; therefore the only other job available which draws the public is a political figure, and when you see a few political figures which are already in the U.S. political scene: Senator Edward Kennedy - Death of Mary Jo Kopechne at "Chappaquiddick"; Gary Conduit - suspected of the murder of Sandra Levy. The Ramseys may feel, if all of these other "suspect" politicians can hack it and still lead a glamorous life, maybe they think, they can do exactly the same (?).

John enjoyed his executive position. Patsy enjoyed being an executive wife, plus the recognition of having worn the crown of "Miss West Virginia," and being on display “anywhere.“ This type of lifestyle is revered by both Ramseys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2004
  7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Mac, good to see you again.

I am so shocked that Lin Wood hasn't sued you yet. NOT. LOL.

Thanks for posting and take care,
    Tricia

8. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Evidence that's still out there needing tidying up.

Payoff for keeping quiet...

9. Vic

Vic Active Member

Excellent comments here

I don't have much to add to them, it looks like most of the bases have been covered.

I don't think John Ramsey has ever lost the feeling of importance, he is :(:(:(:(ed that others have lost the feeling that he is important.

For people fleeing to Atlanta, back to their "home", it has seemed quite odd to move to Michigan and run for office. Why not do it in their "home"?

I think they wore out their welcome.

10. terriwilliams

terriwilliams Member

What is 'the law'?

In 1997, my sister told me about a friend of hers, Marnie Frey, who went missing out at a pigfarm in Port Coquitlam, BC, called Piggy's Palace. My sister told me that the men who owned the pigfarm, killed women out there.

Of course, I asked my sister why she didn't go to the police with this information. She told me she had, but said they had not believed her and had called her delusional. Police already knew about the place, anyway, she told me, as she said they partied out there with David Pickton. Local politicians booked the facilties for parties as well.

My sister told her friend's mother where Marnie last was; the pigfarm. Many women told her friend's mother. Mrs. Frey went to the police and she was not listened to. Years went by after that all the while one after another after another after another and so on, went missing out at the pigfarm. It almost seems as if the reward somehow got in the way of police being able to discern the truth. It is as if police do not want poor people to recieve a reward or to be given any credit.

Then at the end of Septemebr 2003, I saw a man I know snatch a woman off the street. When I reported to the police, they called me delusional. I witnessed two other women being snatched from the street, one at the end of October and the other at the end of December. Even when two local women went missing shortly afterward and their bodies were subsequently found, police rushed to call it 'suicide' and insist I saw no one being snatched. It does make me afraid that ANYONE could 'commit suicide', even when they didn't.

No one, who knew the women, believes it was suicide, yet no one has the power to do anything about the police; in this town they are all powerful and can do anything they want - a claim VPD brag about openly in the DTES. The VPD, much like Suddam Hussein, have no outside, independant agency watching over their affairs.

Now just perhaps Mr. Ramsey has had a similiar experience with the police in Colorado. The 911 Commission has just concluded there was too much in fighting between the various agencies whose prime motive should be our protection. Maybe Mr. Ramsey's run for office is out of frustration with an all-too-powerful police force that has lost its ability to fight crime. It is possible that he may be a hero if he can expose the corruption and bring back the protection we all deserve, which is what I would like to see done here in Vancouver, where police secrecy reaches proportions of a cult.

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Good to see Woody hasn't hit you with a frivilous lawsuit Mac. I'm really impressed and laughed out loud more than once reading all the posts on the subject.

Ahem.....my opinion

John (ex CEO) and Patsy (former beauty queen) are missing the limelight badly. I think they are subconciously trying to get themselves caught too.

Maybe they had a conversation somewhat like this;

John: Atlanta sucks, our friends don't even talk to us anymore.
    Patsy: That's not true! What about Susan and Susan?
    John: Stein and Bennett? Sheesh even our enemies suck....let's move to Michigan. No one will hire me in Atlanta. I'll run for public office.
    Patsy: I don't know John...
    John: Oh come on Patsy! Think of the perks, I'll let you redecorate the house.
    Patsy: I don't know....
    John: We'll get a lot of publicity, think of the interviews think...of...the cameras.
    Patsy: The CAMERAS! I'm packing. It will like Miss West Virginia all over again!

12. Greenleaf

Voyager

You wrote:

"I have always believed that John and Patsy Ramsey actually want to be identified by authorities as the murderers of their daughter, JonBenet...."

Voyager, I read your post with great interest. You might be on to something.

Nevertheless, I believe that they are feeling lost, and, this run for office is John's way of shoring up his reputation (or lack thereof) and regaining some kind of foothold in the rhelm of respectability.

God only knows what is in their hearts and minds. We can only speculate. No matter how we spin it, this entire saga is akin to a Greek tragedy.

We are so insistent upon seeing good survive and evil punished. It is not always so simple. We are not privy to the misery and self doubt endured by the culprits. If we really could feel, just one minute of their pain, we would probably consider it too unbearable to support life.

I have always felt that, somewhere along the line, one (or both) of the Rams would end up taking their own lives. I believe that the pain is that great.
    What else can they do, save confess and suffer the consequences of their horrid actions? We know that they will never go that route. Or, there is a long shot. JR will regain (he thinks) some degree of respectably in serving in public office. Perhaps the answer to our question, "why is he running," is as simple as that.

Peace.
    Always hopeful,
    Greenleaf

13. Greenleaf

To: terriwilliams

Dear terri williams,
    You wrote:

Maybe Mr. Ramsey's run for office is out of frustration with an all-too-powerful police force that has lost its ability to fight crime. It is possible that he may be a hero if he can expose the corruption and bring back the protection we all deserve, which is what I would like to see done here in Vancouver, where police secrecy reaches proportions of a cult."

My dear Ms. Williams:
    Mr. Ramsey exposing corruption and becomming a hero?

JonBenet just turned over in her grave.

Only Lin Woods, the Rams lawyer, would find your theory plausable.

Welcome to the forum. Here, we can agree to disagree, and still be civil.

Peace

Greenleaf

14. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thank you Greenleaf. Your posts are always filled with truth and understanding.

I received an email from someone who wishes to remain anonymous. Here are the reasons this person gave for John Ramsey running. Cut and pasted directly from the email.

Concerning John Ramsey running for public office in Michigan, I believe the reason is two-fold . . .

1. With possible court action coming up in Colorado in regards to the
    FOX News lawsuit, John Ramsey, if elected, would be able to have a steady paycheck coming in from the State of Michigan while he was out-of-state taking care of personal matters. He wouldn't be able to deduct expenses though since that wouldn't be "State issues" he was tending to ! A few years down the road John Ramsey would be entitled to a 'retirement' plan of some type provided by the State of Michigan, plus other benefits and priveledges offered a former elected state official !

2. Help further establish a "Family Historical Value" in regards to Michigan politics FOR future reference B-Y B-U-R-K-E ! ! ! "Home-Grown" politicians really DO have a better chance for being elected to office and Burke could NOW be establishing his "lived-here-since-I-was-a-child" routine ! Let's face it NOW . . . Burke Ramsey ISN'T going to be working in the local 'burger joint' or a factory making paper towels after he gets out of High School . . . ain't gonna' happen !

Burke probably has spent almost as much "quality" time with friends in Charlevoix as he has in Boulder having spent his summers there with Patsy and JonBenet. Possibly in a few years he will attend the University of Michigan as did John, and Burke can draw on HIS friends and their families and acquaintances to help him in the political arena.

John is now referring to HIS father's background and accomplishments in Michigan such as the "war efforts" and dedication plaques in airports, etc., etc., trying to draw on name recognition and accomplishment.

Possibly John wants to clear John and Patsy's name so that Burke can say "look . . . my Father was a State Representative, (blah, blah, ) . . . my Father (did this, did that) and I want to represent you also as (GOVERNOR) " ! (or ? whatever ?)

. . . but, Tricia, it isn't going to work for them . . . IS IT ? ? ?

No matter WHAT the Ramseys accomplish in court . . . in Georgia . . . in Michigan . . . or, the State of Colorado . . . THERE WILL COME A DAY, when someone will ask Burke . . . "YES, I HEAR YOU, but what about YOUR MOTHER being suspected of killing your Sister" ! ! ! What do YOU remember about THAT Burke " ? It will haunt him his entire life ! All it takes to start the ball rolling against him is ONE PERSON intent on making it an issue against Burke and the discussion will travel the entire media circuit once again !

It really IS a shame isn't it Tricia ? Just think . . . if the Ramseys had told what REALLY happened and seriously appealed to law enforcement and the court system to help them "due to an accidental death" on Dec. 26th, 1996, possibly it could have ALL been over with by now and EVERYONE that has been "thrown under the bus" could be getting on with their lives and the Ramseys not having to scheme and lie every day and worry whether or not law enforcement "MIGHT just discover'\" that one needed piece of evidence ANY DAY, finally and TOTALLY ending everything they have tried to accomplish for Burke.

15. Storm

Storm FFJ Senior Member

My only guess is to appear like an upstanding citizen.
    He thinks he'll be untouchable or the heat will be
    off when he's an elected official?

Storm ^i^

16. Tez

Tez Member

Welcome Storm! I think you may be on to something.

17. Aurora

Aurora Member

John Ramsey's political ambition

I agree with the ones who said John wants to feel important...again. Remember... he promised to create jobs.... HIS OWN! He is using the celebrity status that his daughter's death...gave him,...to climb up the Michigan... social ladder. He is playing the pity me...card and hoping that people will forget that JonBenet was murdered brutally in her home and that they are still suspects in her death. Also....there is still the ? of JB being sexually molested previous to the murder. Mayhaps the whole reason for the elaborate cover up in the first place. He wants to leave a better legacy for Burke. This is an attempt to redeem themselves before the people of Michigan. They were in Gaylord with their Ramsey bus ...doing more politicing at the local festival there. The Charlevoix Venetian festival is this week and you can be sure he'll be working the crowds .... Using the notarity of his public persona to win over potential voters. The reality is...if the voters here in the areas in which he is running ...would just compare the candidates... John wouldn't stand a chance.

Patsy likes the prestige of people knowing her and the attention she gets from the media and press. She lapped it up at their first press conference. I can still hear her tell me how much fun she was having. They love the limelight, money and the things that their money can buy.

18. Whippler

Whippler Member

HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING NOT MUCH OF THIS BUT HAVE READ ENOUGH TO VOMIT ON.
    THE NERVE OF MR.RAMSEY RUNNING FOR ANYTHING BUT AN OFFICE TO FIND THE KILLER OF HIS DAUGHTER NO MATTER HOW MANY DAMN YEARS IT TAKES.HOW BOUT JOINING THE REST OF AMERICAS FAMILIES IN SOLVING THEIR LOVE ONES MYSTYERIES?[JOHN WALSH]EX. LOOK HOW FAMOUS HE IS NOW IN HELPING OTHERS DUE TO HIS OWN HEARTACHE LOSS ALONG WITH HIS WIFE.THE EGO TRIP FOR ONES SELF ESTEEM BOTHERS ME TO THE UPMOST EXTREME.GET A REAL LIFE;AND GET BUSY ON SOLVING THE LIFE TOOK FROM YOUR DAUGHTER.OFFICE ELECTION IS NOT ONE.

19. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

My Thoughts ....

Greenleaf and so many others had such thought-provoking remarks, that it's difficult to add anything meaningful.

But here goes .... somehow the idea of John running for office has a surreal (bizarre) feel to it .... you know, it brings to mind some kind of show, that would be akin to Jimmy Swaggart & Tammy Faye having a run at political power with heavy overtones of the PTL choir chanting loudly in the background.

Hey, maybe John (like Jim Baker) has visions of starting up a 'Heritage Time Share' conglomerate, for the flock that he most likely intends to fleece, all in the name of justice for Jonbenet, mind you!

So many weirdos are in politics (Schwarzenegger sp?) ... when even Sonny Bono and then his widow got in and lest we forget, good ole Ted Bundy was an "up and comer" in the Republican party.

God, I do hope the people of Charlevoix come to their senses.

Regards,
    Mandarin

20. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Voyager you ANGEL

I think you are right on the money. I think in some wierd subconscious way the R's are wanting the real story to be told. I don't think it's conscious at all. Ego is a way to talk yourself into feeling good about yourself again, but there is something else going on here IMO.

Voyager I think you are very astute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice