Will Something Be Done In This Case? Is Schiller In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

I just read it, yum yum, and it's hard for me to believe Lin Wood actually wants the Grand Jury testimony made public. He seems very sure of himself, doesn't he? That this won't backfire against his old friends, the Ramseys (?).?

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Kane seemed to think it would hurt them. He was glad to oblige.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for bringing this to the discussion, Robin. It is a great article on this topic.

The thing is, in Colorado, unless you are someone who has access to such documents or information, or are somehow part of the case investigation, like a grand juror, you can't get ANYTHING from ANY DA who doesn't want you to have it. That's well known by any reporter in Colorado. The DA has complete discretion to disclose or seal, and no reason required. You can look that up online, as well.

As for the decision by that judge to allow grand jury witnesses to speak about their testimony, that got overturned, remember? When Darnay didn't show up in court for the appeal by Keenan? Yep, Darnay lost a done deal on that one. Every talking head, lawyer, and reporter in Colorado and on TV said that was a no brainer, because the law in question was archaic and it was about time it was overturned. hahaha But DARNAY LOST ON APPEAL.

Wait a minute. Why am I laughing. It's NOT funny.

I just have one question about how this case could be jeopardized. How can this case be jeopardized at this point? I can't see it. For once, I agree with Lin Wood.

Since Schiller broke the ice, I just wish more reporters would jump in. Seems the water is just fine to get some TRUTH...not SPIN...from the grand jurors. If they voted NO BILL, then it's time we knew it. If Hunter didn't let them vote at all, then we need to hear that as well. If they wrote a report, what did it say? If there was a True Bill of indictment but Hunter declined to indict, then let's hear about that.

But I think the behavior of all of LE involved with this case is so compromised, the state of Colorado ought to be jumping to find out what went down to the last detail.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Guys, the law is still black and white AND Keenan didn't know about Schiller's show AND was VERY upset about the Grand Juror appearing.

The law has not changed. Therefore, unless Keenan does something we can all start contacting the Grand Jurors.

5. Tricia

I read it too YumYum, and what I got from the article was nothing has happened to anyone other grand juror who has spoken out.

But this is different. Keenan doesn't want a flood of new information coming out about the case.

I think the only reason Leroy Lincoln Wood said he wanted the grand jury info released is because he knew damn well it wouldn't be. He was able to make it look like he really wanted the truth to come out while the whole time knowing the truth was safe.

If I were Wood, I would be very worried about the grand jurors being able to talk.

6. Tricia

To be upfront about things...I will offer 5 grand to any JonBenet Ramsey Grand Juror who will do a live Internet chat with FFJ members. No time limit. No limitations whatsoever.

However, I am going to wait and see how it plays out with Keenan. If she does nothing then I'll starting making calls.

7. Karen

Karen Member

Patsys gone. I doubt he's worried about much anymore. Maybe his bank account.

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I read a lot about this yesterday. As recently as April, the Genome people were still saying that NO you could not determine race from DNA. However, a scientist called Risch came at this from a different angle and discovered that different races have different medical predispositions and of course, they can determine your predisposition to certain diseases from your DNA. So he did a massive experiment and accurately managed to cluster over 3000 into 4 racial groups baed upon tests which examined their predisposition to certain diseases!

As of February, his work hadn't been "peer-reviewed" and apparently this is crucial for scientific integrity, but other scientists were in agreement that his work was interesting.

9. wombat

wombat Member

Here is a link to a NY Times article that discusses a way to find out who your ancestors were, by percentage (!) of your genes:NY Times

10. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Great find, Wombat. What ths tests appear to show is that "racial" terminology like caucasian, asian, etc, are NOT clearcut matters. Racial "purity" is pretty much a myth. In the illustration used in the article, the person's DNA indicated that he was 9% Native American, 11% North African, and 80% Caucasian . Depending upon his needs, he could claim to be any oif the three. For student loan purposes, the Native American tag might work best.

How does this apply to Limp Wood's "male caucasion" DNA?

We don't know. It may well be that the DNA, if run thru the testing discussed in the NYT article would yield a donor who is 9% caucasian and 89% Chinese Pantie Factory Worker. Limp would obviously prefer to highlight the caucasian racial component rather than the Chinese Pantie Factory Worker (CPFW) racial component. In other words, the claim is worthless without further detail and explanation.

I just bought some new underwear ... I bet if I had it DNA tested I might find a CPFW racial component, too. And if the Plant Manager was caucasian? Hmmmm ... just like back on the plantation :crosseyed

...YumYum

11. Jayelles

The article I read by the Genome people mentioned the fact that we are all descended from Africa too!

12. Niner

Niner Active Member

Tricia - I can send you the tape of the show, if you want... I haven't read past page 4, so don't know if anyone has volunteered yet to do this!!

I'll pm you!

13. guppy

guppy Member

Tricia

> If I were Wood, I would be very worried about the grand jurors being able to talk.

I think Lin Wood is too good a lawyer to ask a question he doesn't already know the answer to, and the question here is, "Will the GJ info being made public put the Ramseys in a more favorable light?"

So, I would expect any new information to support the intruder theory.

14. Jayelles

If WN has recorded it and could send it to me in the same way as the last time, I will transcribe all or part of it. I could do it very quickly for you.

15. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

LimpWood was answering the wrong question, Gupster. He didn't answer the question of whether or not the GJ info WOULD be made public. He KNOWS that it won't be made public anytime in the near future, and hence feels comfortable in LYING about the real prospects of it supporting an intruder theory. But even if he KNEW that the GJ info was going to be made available tomorrow, he'd STILL lie his a-ss off about what it means.

The simple fact is that he's not in the courtroom, so the old adage that a good lawyer never asks a question that he doesn't know the answer to doesn't apply. A SpinDoctor will spin ANYTHING in his favor regardless of the facts.

Nice try though, Gup.

...YumYum

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"LimpWood was answering the wrong question, Gupster. He didn't answer the question of whether or not the GJ info WOULD be made public. He KNOWS that it won't be made public anytime in the near future, and hence feels comfortable in LYING about the real prospects of it supporting an intruder theory. But even if he KNEW that the GJ info was going to be made available tomorrow, he'd STILL lie his a-ss off about what it means."

I have to agree with YumYum, if for no other reason than Mike Kane was only too glad to help him open them up.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Why don't you get at least one of those "new" ones tested. I don't think anyone has ever tried that(?). Wouldn't this be interesting? Maybe we should all try this (?). :)

18. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

yea

and Jams thought the transcripts she sold would help the Rams out too, allegedly. :did:

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

And we saw how that turned out!

20. Tez

Tez Member

It was great how that one worked out wasn't it?

I don't for one minute believe that LL Wood wants those grand jurors to talk freely. He's probably got a stack of paperwork ready to file if any more come forward, especially if they say they think the Rammer's did it.

I hope Judge Bailin does something, or Sandstead. When I lived in Boulder County they were two of the fairest judges there. I can't imagine them letting such a blatant disregard for the law to go unpunished, but they are in Boulder, so who knows?

Keenan may make all kinds of noise now, but she doesn't want any information about this case coming out. She'd probably rather drink arsenic laced tea with a few chunks of pineapple :angel: than to let any information come out about this case. I think she may file the paperwork to scare the rest of the grand jurors into being quiet, and then tell them if they shut up things won't go any further. She is first and foremost a plea bargainer.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice