Wrist Ligature....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Regardless...John states that her hands were tied closely together. _ Ames

No, he does not.

2. AMES

AMES Member

John is asked a question and he answers it....I believe that it is quite clear.

7 MIKE KANE: I'm not really clear (INAUDIBLE)
    8 you said that they were tied tight. But were her
    9 hands tied closely together
    or were they wide
    10 apart?
    11 JOHN RAMSEY: No, it was like that.
    12 MIKE KANE: There were crossed like that.
    13 JOHN RAMSEY: I remember, yeah, her hands
    14 were close together

He is asked if the hands were TIED closely together. (Tied means tied...) John says..."I remember, yeah, her hands were close together". If he had of meant....that they were tied wide apart, but were laying close to each other...he would have said that. Kane: "....were her hands tied closely together, or were they wide apart?" John: (IMO he is answering the last part of Kane's question)..." No, it was like that". The question that Kane asks...is..."Were her hands tied closely together....? John's answer to that question..."I remember, yeah, her hands were close together". He would have said..."NO, they were not tied closely together, they were tied far apart....but, her hands were together"...If that's what he meant. I have no idea why I even have to explain this...it is very clear.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

If the question was as you say, John’s answer in lines 13 and 14 would have been different. Seldom is anything crystal clear in a transcript because the questions and answers are not always in order - one person asks a question and then another question and the respondent answers the first one after the second one is asked.
    <FONT color=black><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P style=
    In the beginning it appears John was attempting to get across the fact that the ligature was tightly tied around each wrist…(we know that not to be true – as one was tight and one was loose)<o:p></o:p>

Kane got confused too, as evidenced in line #7.<o:p></o:p>

When Kane asks were the hands “tied†closely together or were they wide apart, John’s first answer was NO (indicating to me they were ligature ties on both wrists, but they were NOT TIED TOGETHER). Then John shows him how the hands were positioned closely together.<o:p></o:p>

If John was trying to get his point across again that the hands were “tied togetherâ€, he would have used the word “tied†in his response on lines #13 and 14 regardless of whether they were close or apart, and he didn’t.<o:p></o:p>

Either side one is on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">AMES</st1:place></st1:City>, there is a valid interpretation…we need to agree to disagree and move forward.<o:p></o:p>

4. Paradox

This is actually an important point as it could pertain to motive. There was length to the cord between the wrists which would allow the arms to be moved in many positions, yet they were found raised up with the hands close together. This postion was the result of choices made by by the perp. There is a difference in decision making with the hands tied together or placed together OR the hands could have been pulled together by the cord if the cord was raised up and attached to something or wrapped around something at the level of the hands.

It is generally agreed that the body was staged, displayed for police to look like it had been handled by a criminal type. However, the staging could have been a display by the perp FOR the perp as John Douglas discusses.

The interpretation of the tying and positioning could lead to determining motive as per premeditation.

Whether or not the hands were tied together or left close together is not determined in the questioning cited. To say it is is a mistake.

5. AMES

AMES Member

No, I agree with you....I don't think that either, that John means that they were crossed....but when he says they were together...he means tied closely together...My point was, John is saying that the wrists were tied CLOSELY together (I didn't mean together as in one loop...that was a misunderstanding), but the cord had about 15 inches of space between each loop.

6. AMES

AMES Member

I never said that John said that they were TIED together....now THAT is a mistake. I said that John stated that her hands were CLOSELY TIED together. There IS a difference. Tied together = one loop.....Closely Tied = two loops (but close together).

7. Paradox

Whaaa???????????

8. Paradox

Regardless...John states that her hands were tied closely together....

I said that John stated that her hands were CLOSELY TIED together.

You said John said the hands were tied closely together, then you say you said John said they were closely tied together.

Are you doing this on purpose with premeditation or is this an accident and cover-up?

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Ok so it wasn't just me...my eyes started spinning a titch...LMAO...but I can't split that hair...

Try this on for size...

There was a ligature tied around each wrist with a 15" span of cord in between, and her hands were positioned close together when she entered rigormortis!

10. AMES

AMES Member

I am so sorry...no, this is an accident with no cover-up. I totally screwed up, and mistyped....got the words switched around. Geez...I was wondering what all the hoopla was about.. (I am pregnant...so give me a break...LOL). Ok....here goes....John answers yeah, to the question...."were her hands tied CLOSELY TOGETHER"? Meaning...IMO...that there were two separate loops, around each wrist, and that there was very short distance, between each wrist. And THAT...is my final answer. Again, I am sorry for being so stinking confusing.

11. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...no it wasn't just you. See my explaination about my screw up...to Paradox. Going by John's interview....IMO....her hands were tied closely together. I was getting the words tied closely and closely tied ....mixed up. I need to proof read my posts, just a little bit better. I totally confused myself too...so you and Paradox were not alone.

I don't believe that John meant that her hands were positioned close together, with a 15 inch span of cord. IMO...he just simply meant...that her hands were tied closely together with a short distance of cord...and he also says that they were tied tight. In other words....I believe that he was either lying...or was totally confused....my guess is ...that he was lying. He was going overboard, trying to convince everybody that it was an intruder....(I mean....a PARENT wouldn't tied their own child's hands tight, and closely together....now WOULD they?? Of course not...thats why there was 15 inches of rope, and the cord was loosely tied around each wrist. )

12. heymom

heymom Member

Ames, I'm not confused

Closely tied v. tied closely? Same thing. Doesn't really matter how it's said, it means the same. Don't sweat the small stuff, hon!

13. AMES

AMES Member

I guess that its confusing to people when they see...closely TIED TOGETHER...because, I guess it looks like I am saying that the hands were tied together versus....tied closely together...meaning the hands were separate, but tied closely together. Even though the mean basically the same thing, I think that is were the confusion lies, with some people. Yep..its definately "small stuff"....

14. Paradox

Even though the mean basically the same thing, I think that is were the confusion lies, with some people.

Even though they mean basically the same thing, I think that is where the confusion lies, with some people.

Ya, the confusion is "out there somewhere", right?

After the delivery, the confusion will be due to post partem chemical imbalance, right?

15. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

A wise old indian once told me...

"When you find yourself in a hole---quit digging"

You are forgetting the most important thing here...JOHN LIES...nothing he says should be misconstrued as the truth! Voila!

16. AMES

AMES Member

Oh GOOD GRIEF....give me a flippin' break....I got TIED CLOSELY together....and CLOSELY TIED together....those two words that I have in caps...mixed up....SO SUE ME. My point is...yes....JOHN IS A LIAR....he said her hands were tied closely together....but they were not.....that is the point. Quit making such a stinking big deal out of me mixing TWO WORDS up. The outcome is the same here...John is a big fat liar.

17. AMES

AMES Member

I am not in a hole...good grief people....I got two words mixed up, and I corrected it. John says that her hands were tied closely together...but they weren't....THE END!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice