Writing DOI

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Nandee, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Nandee, Vic, :laffbig: :laffbig:

Fly once again you bring reason a forum.

You are right fly we need to look at when John said he did not own a computer and the comments he has made since. Very easy for someone do go buy a computer. John Ramsey certainly does not need to tell us about it either.

However.....

Why is it everything the Ramseys say or do is like tap dancing? They dance around issues, they can't remember, they don't know, they don't read reports, and on and onandonandonandon..

That's why we all pick apart what they say...even if there is a logical change in what they are saying like " I don't own a computer" because EVERTHING they say or do reeks of being evasive .

The Ramseys make it easy for those following the case to continually find discrepancies

Tricia

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Tap Dancing...

Maybe a timeline wouldn’t hurt of what was said when. I do know at some point in time, they said they didn’t have a computer, and I thought that was right after JBR’s death, yet one was taken from the 15th Street house, and again John says another one was stolen in GA during the break-in.

I agree that having written notes and using a computer at the same time is not uncommon, I do it all the time.

I also know at one time they said they didn’t have a television, yet one was seen in the background of a pic placed on the forums I think in their Paces Ferry Road home, and in DOI they talked of having their cable disconnected.

I think it may have been Nedra, at one time when talking about what a good mother Patsy was, who said Patsy was always doing little things on the computer for the kids.

I think the comments made during the depositions were positioned by the Ramseys to 1) answer the question partially, and 2) be ambiguous enough to wiggle out of…JMO…there were so many yes/no questions asked by Darnay, and so few yes/no answers given.

16 Q. Did he use a tape recorder to tape
    17 any of the things you were saying?
    18 A. I believe so, yes.

19 Q. Did you give him written notes to
    20 look at?
    21 A. I can't remember exactly. I don't --
    22 Q. Did you prepare notes for the book,
    23 written notes?
    24 A. Yes. Sometimes -- I mean, I had
    25 some things I had written and some things we
    21 I just talked about.

10 talk. I had some things that I had written, and
    11 sometimes he would ask questions about things.
    12 It was kind of a back and forth. Sometimes he
    13 would take something I had written and edit, and
    14 then would -- I mean, it was kind of an evolving
    15 process.

On lines 12 and 13 she knew she gave him notes to edit or something, and on lines 19, 20 and 21 she couldn’t remember if she ever gave him anything she had written.

Tap tap tap...dance dance dance...shake your bootie!

3. AK

AK Member

Search warrant materials seized

I would bet that the computers seized on the search warrants were returned to the Ramsey after a forensic techie copied their hard drives and files. I remember thinking the filing system Patsy used was bizarre -- I believe she used one of the kids' computers for her recipes. I would have expected that info to be on the one in the den, presumably John's. But this was 1996 and even in a computer hip household things weren't as advanced as they are now. But computers were a part of their lives -- there was that report that Burke had been computing since the age of 18 months.

Anyway I imagine the computers were returned long ago, as presumably were the cars, video tapes and other materials that were not key to the scientific testing.

I'd also like to know if both Ramseys had cell phones at the time.

4. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

John Did

We know John had a cell phone that was used in December, even though the phone records showed no activity:

2 Q. You say that he asked you to stay in
    3 the sunroom. Did you remain in the sunroom the
    4 whole morning?
    5 A. We did not. Other people arrived.
    6 The police arrived. They asked to use our cell
    7 phones because theirs were dead. They asked us
    8 to do a number of things that required us to
    9 leave that room.

5. AK

AK Member

Thanks, Nandee

I recalled that passage and knew JR had one, but when he refers to them in the plural he's not specific. It could mean the other one was Patsy's or Fleet's or whomever's. Odd that they'd ALL have rundown charges. And his camcorder! What kind of a mental block is that? Especially in a household where there must have been lots of toys that needed batteries and chargers.

Even back in 1996, I would imagine any responsible mom would have a cell phone, and if she had had previously health problems there would seem to be even more need.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2002
  6. fly

fly Member

cell phones

I can't agree with you on this one, FedoraX.

I'll bet that if you look at the statistics on cell phone ownership in 1996, you'd find that multiple cell phones in a family was hardly routine.

Even today, I know a lot of families with kids who could easily afford a cell phone but don't have one.

7. AK

AK Member

20 paces, fly! :)

Perhaps it's just the people I know but I don't know a single family with kids today who don't have at least one cell phone, and that is in any income bracket.

But the Rs, even back in 1996 when they had more than one computer at home, had money and were sophisticated technologically. Despite their having a few beta tapes, heh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice