18 years later...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Dec 23, 2014.

1. cynic

cynic Member

18 years.
    The smoke and mirrors, the unprecedented evasiveness, the legal dream team, the powerful connections – it all paid off. 18 years later, John and Burke walk around without a care in the world, JonBenet - long forgotten.
    Had there been a genuine motivation for finding the truth, there are those who have shown how it’s done. It’s not that hard - instinctive, really.
    Marc Klass has shown us, as have others.
    The difference is that these people were not, themselves, responsible for the crime.

I have recently finished a book by Jim Dunn outlining his successful quest to bring those responsible for the death of his son to justice. A few excerpts follow:
    Jim thought of little except Scott, and it seemed that Scott was all he and Barbara talked about. Every morning was dulled by the heavy weight in Jim’s heart. It took all the energy he had just to get out of bed and struggle to call the Lubbock Police Department. Each day he talked to either Tal English or George White.

[SNIP]

[After what the police had told him that morning, he realized he had to do more than sit by and wait for news about Scott while wringing his hands and agonizing over his son. Do more than flog himself over whether he had done everything he could to help Scott so this wouldn’t have happened. Do more than berate himself for his faults—real or imagined—as a father. He remembered his vow to his children that he would always be there for them. But he hadn’t been there when Scott needed him the most. On a rational level, he knew that he could not have prevented this awful thing from happening, but he kept questioning whether he couldn’t have done more.
    [SNIP]
    he would find out who had done such a dastardly thing to his son. The person would be found and held accountable.

[SNIP]

Making all of this even more difficult for Jim was the reappearance of his old nemesis, cancer, in the summer of 1995. Thirty years earlier, he had undergone radical surgery for a huge abdominal mass, which his surgeons didn’t expect him to survive. Now, a new malignancy was in his prostate and he underwent radical surgery and radiation. He was determined he would fight the disease with every ounce of willpower he possessed. He had to. He would live to see Scott’s killers convicted. If he didn’t fight for justice for Scott, who would? Maybe that determination was what kept him alive; whatever it was, he survived the cancer and recovered his health.

[SNIP]

Jim traveled and gave talks to various chapters, trying to comfort grieving mothers and fathers. He encouraged them to get involved in the investigation of their children’s deaths as he had. No matter how dedicated to solving a case police officers are, no one cares as much as the parents of the murdered child, Jim told them. No one has as much at stake in gaining justice as the parents have.
    Time passes and Jim Dunn looks forward, ever encouraging Vidocq, POMC and everyone he can influence never to give up. He knows that he cannot.

[SNIP]

He had never been exposed to the way law enforcement works, but he decided then and there that he would do all he could to further the investigation. There was no way he could have known at that moment how crucial this decision would become in keeping Scott’s case alive. He would find out later that there would be many times when the police would decide to shelve the investigation because they felt they had reached a dead end, and his resolve alone would keep it going.
    Trail of Blood: A Father, a Son and a Tell-tale Crime Scene Investigation, Evans, Wanda and James Dunn

We bring these children into this world and it’s our duty then to do whatever we can to protect them and that includes totally cooperating with law enforcement right down the line"-Marc Klass

We are expected to believe that John Ramsey’s mission in life is the following:
    May 1, 1997
    REPORTER: What do you want to say to the killer of your daughter?
    JOHN RAMSEY: We'll find you. We will find you. I have that as a sole mission for the rest of my life.
    REPORTER: Mrs. Ramsey?
    PATSY RAMSEY: Likewise.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/05011997ramseymediainterview.htm

The reality has always been this:
    Q. Then what was, basically, your association with the private investigation of the potential suspects in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey?
    A. The investigators were retained by our attorneys, and they stated to me that the principal purpose of those investigators was to prepare a defense in the case that the police might bring a charge against me. I hoped that they would also follow up on leads that came to us, but I was frequently reminded by our attorneys that their principal role was to prepare a defense should that be necessary.

Deposition of John Ramsey, December 12, 2001

John Ramsey’s so-called mission to find the “killers†has been a case study in apathy and lip service - a shameless façade, an illusion.
    His true “mission†was to move on – as quickly as possible.
    Less than 40 minutes after finding JonBenet's body, a detective overheard John Ramsey talking by phone to his pilot and arranging a trip to Atlanta that evening for himself, his wife and son.

It seems that John can’t even be bothered to pretend to care anymore.
    The last website that pretended to be connected with his “mission,†is no more. http://www.fairjusticefoundation.org
    There was a domain closely connected with the above that also no longer exists:
    http://www.dnafingerprintlaw.com
    Similarly defunct domains:
    http://www.supportramseytruth.com
    http://www.ramseyfamily.com

His first attempt, the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation and SHOES, has been thoroughly exposed here (http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?9197-If-John-Ramsey-Runs-For-Office/page2) and elsewhere, so I won’t delve into it.
    See also:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...eviously-749)-15th-Street&p=196372#post196372
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...eviously-749)-15th-Street&p=196375#post196375
    http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-foundations.htm

Now there’s none.
    Finally, the pretense is over – John has fully and completely moved on, money in hand from his last book exploiting his dead daughter, who continues to await some semblance of justice from the grave.

Here’s a reminder of what could have been:
    (Two possible age progressions of JonBenet.)

[​IMG]

RIP JonBenet
    :cand: :rose:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Excellent post as always cynic!

I honestly gave up to be honest...it's way too frustrating....this is not one of those cases who can't be solved if the right people really want to....but it seems they don't want to,end of story whether I like it or not....

btw, I was watching a forensic detectives episode about a military guy who killed his wife and the main piece of evidence that lead to him were some knots...which got me thinking (am no way a knot expert,that's why I am asking)...could it be that the one who made them had military training?(thinking of JR...)the loops just looked familiar to me...looked like the ones in the JB case,just larger...

anyway,happy holidays all and most important

RIP sweet angel Jonbenet!

[​IMG]

3. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

Beautifully expressed, cynic.

Klaas and Dunn truly set the standard as parents seeking justice. (As did the Bagbys - documentary Dear Zachary) So much dedication and courage.

RIP JonBenet graphics-candles-940851c.gif :rose:

4. Elle

Elle Member

Cynic's excellent post

Thank you cynic for the time which went into this excellent post. As long as there are
    posts like this to read, little JonBenét Ramsey
    will never be forgotten.

5. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

20 years later

Rereading cynic’s profoundly expressed synopsis from December 2014, we know not to expect anything from JonBenét’s family. And it’s generally accepted that JonBenét’s case will never see a courtroom.

Nonetheless there have been trail markers this year; trail markers that lead us to the same place we always end up. The culpability is still at the doorstep of those who lived at 755 15th Street.

Worth recounting are such announcements as:

-The tDNA finally publicly debunked, exposing DA ML’s actions. (A columnist named her not just incompetent, but willfully derelict.)

-The appearance of JB’s brother whose demeanor and responses have left many with more questions than answers.

-A most anticipated revision of Kolar’s book (Foreign Faction) and a just released book of case facts (Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence in the JonBenét Ramsey Case).

-Evidence photos revealed in a number of the television specials.

The screen captured evidence photos this season speak of the horror of the crime and the reason so many are struck to the marrow that justice was lost. The photo depicted below is a screen capture from Radar Online’s police video shot in the home the evening of December 26, 1996. It shows a Christmas tree in the background. In the foreground a blanket and a sweatshirt cover the tiny body. There really are no adequate words to describe this.

underblanket1c.jpg

20 years later,
    RIP JonBenét :cand: :rose:

6. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

21 years later. . .

It will always be a very sad story. Numerous posters on the Internet have wanted to somehow stand up for JonBenét who was silenced at such a young age. It’s a tear in the fabric of our society when a child’s homicide goes without justice.

She was the tiniest member of the family, estimated to weigh a mere 45
    pounds and not quite 4 feet tall.

Like others, I don’t think I will ever ‘get it’: How the person (someone in her family, I believe) who was responsible and the person(s) who covered up the story of JonBenét’s end, could go from loving her to crushing her life and concealing her death in the space of a few hours. Someone abandoned her in her deepest hour of need. One of the conclusions possible is that a long simmering conflict within the family was resolved by JonBenét’s death.

In her short life she was in seven pageants. Her
    last performance (not really a pageant) was at the Southwest Mall in Denver on
    December 22, 1996. But it was her pageant with the All Stars on December 17,
    1996 which gave her the title of Little Miss Christmas and secured JonBenét her
    first Talent medal.

Norman MacClean: “The hardest thing usually to leave behind, as was the case now, can loosely be called the conscience.†But leave their conscience behind they (this family) did, just as JonBenét was left behind in the basement that night and later in the living room near the Christmas tree.

Christmas morning one of her family shot a
    photo of JonBenét beside the Christmas tree and behind her new bicycle. She
    demonstrates a joyous response to the day.

Alan Prendergast once termed the flare-up of JonBenét case news the “Ramsey wormhole.†Specific anniversaries trigger endless case discussion and media presentations. In contrast to the media flurry from the 20th anniversary of her homicide, it now seems to be a quiet passage of time moving towards the 21st year of her death. While evidence is now undergoing new DNA testing, it does not seem likely results will lead to a new charge. In fact DA Garnett has stated this is not a DNA case.

This past October Prendergast and Michael Roberts of Westwood spoke with Peter Boyles on one of his broadcasts. The discussion addressed JR’s current lawsuit which no one on the program admits to understanding. Boyles commented that, in spite of lack of progress, her homicide case will continue analysis. He brought up the comment from Aunt P who memorably said she spoke to JonBenét each night. (Boyles acerbically told her to ask JB who killed her.) They agreed that this is a case which will never go away. Until it is solved, the family name will continue to exist under that ‘umbrella of suspicion.’

15 years ago one of JonBenét's friends wrote a letter published in the
    Globe. Even as a child she had an effect on those around her who knew the
    kind of person she was and might become:
    “I have been missing you for six years now, and seeing your face on
    television and sometimes in the papers. ~snip~ I sure wish you were with me
    now that we're teenagers. Even when I knew you, you were never just this little
    kid running around. You always had plans, some project or other, something to
    do. I was never bored when I was with you. ~snip~ I know you loved your
    life and I loved your life too. And knowing how much you loved yours, I must
    love mine the more."

RIP JonBenét :cand: :rose:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  7. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

Almost 22 years later

The beginning of this thread features a poignant post from cynic, illustrating the difference in response to the homicide of a loved one from Jim Dunn and Mark Klaas as compared to the response from the Rs. Cynic provides a quote from a JR/PR interview which is chilling to remember.

May 1, 1997
    REPORTER: What do you want to say to the killer of your daughter?
    JOHN RAMSEY: We'll find you. We will find you. I have that as a sole mission for the rest of my life.
    REPORTER: Mrs. Ramsey?
    PATSY RAMSEY: Likewise.

It was the above quote I recalled and which nudged me in the creation of some basic doggerel, a brief description of what some would deem the case trajectory. (A friend encouraged me to bring this over from my original post on WS.)

There once was a lady in Boulder
    Whose spouse was quite a bit older,
    And as one might guess,
    His business success, a life of excess
    Unleashed the spoils of ambition.

Then one Holy night
    Arrived such a plight,
    It threatened both wealth and their name.
    They struggled to know, could they weather the shame?
    Confess, make a plan, show contrition?

“Oh, what do we do?â€

“We stick together like glue,
    Who can say what is true,
    Here's a plan - we blame and we sue!
    This will be our sole (/soul) life’s mission."

December 2018: And so it continues . . .

graphics-candles-940851c.gif

RIP JonBenét :rose:

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thank you questfortrue for your thoughts and reminders of JonBenet and the investigation all these years later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice