Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Why_Nut
    "When asked if it could ever be used in a polite context, Hoffman replied, "Yes, I've actually heard it used as a term of endearment."

I would say that the implied completion of that sentence, "Yes, I've actually heard it used as a term of endearment directed at me," does not really count as actually making it an endearing term.
    LOL Why_Nut have I told you lately that I love you!!!
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Heh, when I go home today, I'm going to pick my cat up and say, "come here, my precious little c_nt, let me squeeze you." Then, I'm going to call my girls and say, "I just called to say how much I love you, my darling c_nts."

When my cop daughter walks through the door tonight for dinner, I'm going to hug her and say, "Dinner's ready, my beloved c_nt."

I think we should all send the president of CSU letters, addressed to Ms. Endearing C_nt, President, with pictures of what she can do with her terms of endearment.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Default Lol

You know the Irish use that word all the time in regular conversation. I've had several off-the-boat Irish friends over the years whom I've had to pull aside and explain that over here, women are not exactly going to be thrilled hearing that word in every other sentence. But they call men c_nts too, by the way. I just went to see Shane McGowan of the Pogues a couple of months ago and every other word out of his mouth was the c-word!

Default Oops

A well known British actress called Diana Dors had the unusual real name of Diana Fluck. In her autobiography, she recalled an occasion when she was asked to open a fete in her home village. She had lunch with the vicar beforehand and naturally, they subject of her real name and connections with the village arose.

At 2pm, the vicar made his way to the rostra and began his introduction -"Ladies & Gentlemen, we are indeed extremely lucky to have that great star Miss Diana Dors to open our fete. We all know her as our local lass coming home, so please, Ladies & Gentlemen, put your hands together for our Miss Diana Clunt".
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    A well known British actress called Diana Dors had the unusual real name of Diana Fluck. In her autobiography, she recalled an occasion when she was asked to open a fete in her home village. She had lunch with the vicar beforehand and naturally, they subject of her real name and connections with the village arose.

At 2pm, the vicar made his way to the rostra and began his introduction -"Ladies & Gentlemen, we are indeed extremely lucky to have that great star Miss Diana Dors to open our fete. We all know her as our local lass coming home, so please, Ladies & Gentlemen, put your hands together for our Miss Diana Clunt".
    LOL Thanks Jayelles.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    You know the Irish use that word all the time in regular conversation. I've had several off-the-boat Irish friends over the years whom I've had to pull aside and explain that over here, women are not exactly going to be thrilled hearing that word in every other sentence. But they call men c_nts too, by the way. I just went to see Shane McGowan of the Pogues a couple of months ago and every other word out of his mouth was the c-word!
    Thankfully, I've never heard the Irish use that particular word, but they do say the "F" word a lot in normal, polite conversation. I was glad that I'd been warned about this before a recent trip to Dublin. I was still surprised to hear it tho'. In Scotland, someone would still be considered foul-mouthed for swearing a lot.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Ok I had a really funny post but it was in such poor taste I deleted it.

Maybe I'll bring it back.

I am still cracking up over this highly educated woman trying to say the "C" word is a term of endearment.

FROM FOOTBALL PLAYERS??? Yeah right.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

Arrow

The first person that holds me that dear is going to be knocked on his/her

Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R
    The first person that holds me that dear is going to be knocked on his/her

Guys this is one of the few times I wish I was back doing morning radio.

I have already written a song about this to the tune of "My Sharona."

Also I have another song be written to the tune of "All you need is Love."

I will not be posting the lyrics..LOL.

For one day, I would pay to do a morning show in Denver. Just one day.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool Well......

What does a Man Love most?! If that's not endearing by calling a woman by the name of the object that He would walk through Fire for, I don't know what is! LOL..........however........if used by the female, that's just a different word for MegaBitch.

RR

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Jayelle--it may be the younger generation who uses it all the time. Half of my housemate Shawn's relatives still live in Ireland and I've retrieved many a drunken message off the answering machine where the c-word was used most liberally!

Can someone get me a gig in Denver? Please??? Just one show. That's all I need then I'll be fine for another 10 years.

This is just priceless.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT