Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Denver Post, July 29, 2004

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...241141,00.html

From the article:

What doesn’t make sense (or shouldn’t make sense) is Ramsey using his daughter’s murder to pump his own candidacy, telling voters and the media that JonBenet’s death has given him a platform. Or why his supporters are spinning his depressing national notoriety into a political plus.
    Last edited by Show Me; July 29, 2004, 5:19 pm at Thu Jul 29 17:19:56 UTC 2004.

Yeah I'd like to know also, why running on his dead daughter's platform, qualifies John more than the other candidates?

----
    And I posted this 13 minutes before anyone else!

I agree with Dani Newsum on almost everything in this article, even to the point of agreeing there are some who are obsessed with this case. I even agree that there are children of every color who are murdered every day and they don't get the press a little blond-haired girl got when she was murdered.

And, yet, whose fault is that? Would there have been such a bizarre interest in the JBR case if her own parents hadn't thought they were so important the entire world was craving their appearance on CNN only a few days after their daughter was murdered? Just who was it who drew attention to themselves and the case by having to thank everyone, and for what? They are the ones who thought themselves so important that they had to thank everyone publicly instead of writing thank you notes like everyone else does. They didn't have to thank me - I didn't do anything. John and Patsy have such inflated egos, they think everyone is clamouring to see and hear them.

Though I agree, in principle, with this article, I find Newsum's attitude of, well, we don't know who killed her and the public interest in it is bizarre, to be nauseating beyong belief. Perhaps if he took the time and effort to dig a little deeper instead of skimming the surface and going along with the premise that the Ramseys are getting on with their lives and so be it, because nobody knows who killed their daughter, he too might feel a stirring of outrage that the Ramseys are not only using their dead daughter to forge their way into politics, they were probably responsible for their dead daughter to begin with.

There are those who do, and there are those who criticize the actions of those who do. I feel better for knowing I care enough about not just one little girl but mostly about right and wrong. It's wrong what happened in Boulder, Colorado. The murder was wrong, the subsequent failure of the justice system in Boulder and the cover up that continues to this day was, and is, wrong.

I care about every single child who is abused or murdered. I abhor the idea that because parents are wealthy, they can buy their way out of the justice administered to the unwealthy every day. Perhaps that is the reason we don't hear as much about the little black, red, purple, or whatever color - their parents, and/or their murderers can't afford the likes of Hadden et al or bloodsuckers like Lin Wood.

It's about fairness with me. It's about justice, and it's about hating scams and liars. When caring about fairness and equal treatment under the law goes out of style, someone let me know and I'll try to stop caring. Maybe they'll have a patch I can slap on my forehead like the patches used to help smokers quit. Or, maybe they'll have "stop caring" clinics where we can all go to de-care. Until then, humor me, because I don't think I can stop caring on my own.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Wow--this woman sure sounds like an idiot. Nobody cares about black, brown and red children getting killed? That's a lie but typical. That black girl and hispanic girl that fought off the kidnapper in California a few years ago was big news. OJ Simpson was as big or bigger than Jonbenet. Same with Koby Bryant The truth of the matter is most child killings get very little attention no matter what color they are. Jonbenet's skin color didn't have a thing to do with it. I hate race-baiting--it's so old and tired.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default I'm with Bob

Waiting on the sidelines for over seven years does not mean that every other case, regardless of the race or income, has not held our attention while we hold our vigil.

RR

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

well the black people I know find this kind of drivel insulting and beneath them.

Default Excellent Post WY!

WY wrote: It's about fairness with me. It's about justice, and it's about hating scams and liars. When caring about fairness and equal treatment under the law goes out of style, someone let me know and I'll try to stop caring. Maybe they'll have a patch I can slap on my forehead like the patches used to help smokers quit. Or, maybe they'll have "stop caring" clinics where we can all go to de-care. Until then, humor me, because I don't think I can stop caring on my own.

Terrific post, I wish I had written it!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Show Me

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me

What doesn’t make sense (or shouldn’t make sense) is Ramsey using his daughter’s murder to pump his own candidacy, telling voters and the media that JonBenet’s death has given him a platform. Or why his supporters are spinning his depressing national notoriety into a political plus.
    I couldn't agree with you more SM! His daughter's murder giving him a platform??? John Ramsey is an egotistical fool.
    Just my opinion.

Default Great Tourist Promotion!

John Ramsey is running for the state legislature in Michigan – a fact I’m not much interested in. The man is entitled to get on with his life. I wouldn’t have anything to say about Ramsey at all if I hadn’t heard the chairman of the Charlevoix County Republican Party tell a radio reporter that Ramsey’s negative name recognition could boost his Political fortunes and Michigan tourism.

We have lakes! We have flakes!!

Come to beautiful Charlevoix,Michigan, where murderers are raised (Leopold and Loeb) and praised (John Ramsey).

Have you committed a crime? Do you need sanctuary? Charlevoix welcomes you with open arms. And when they do catch up with you, there's always the yacht club, to lease you a slow boat to Canada!

Default Put this on a Billboard

We need a large Billboard for this one, Lurker. It's a good one!

: Written by Lurker:

We have lakes! We have flakes!!

Come to beautiful Charlevoix,Michigan, where murderers are raised (Leopold and Loeb) and praised (John Ramsey).

Have you committed a crime? Do you need sanctuary? Charlevoix welcomes you with open arms. And when they do catch up with you, there's always the yacht club, to lease you a slow boat to Canada!
    Just my opinion.

I can't believe people can be so naive-bordering-on-stupid that they'd consider voting for this scumbag. Patsy's own sister Pam said the handwriting in the ransom note looked EXACTLY like Patsy's writing. I mean Jesus Christ do people need a house to fall on them?

Default Yes Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I can't believe people can be so naive-bordering-on-stupid that they'd consider voting for this scumbag. Patsy's own sister Pam said the handwriting in the ransom note looked EXACTLY like Patsy's writing. I mean Jesus Christ do people need a house to fall on them?
    YES!
    Just my opinion.