Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    The "48 Hours" broadcast reveals - via federal investigators who speak on camera - that Karr remains a person of interest in JonBenet's death on Christmas night 1996.
    Yeah right... since when is a federal agency investigating the Ramsey murder.
    I wonder if these are the same federal investigators who John Ramsey says are in a conspiracy with the BPD - and the reason they didn't cooperate with the investigation.

Default new article

MOM'S JONBENET HOPE
    HUBBY: SHE DIED THINKING KARR DID IT
    By DAVID K. LI
    Slideshow image

FINAL FIGHT: Patsy Ramsey, seen as she was dying of ovarian cancer, was “fighting off the rest of the world” in her final days.
    PreviousPauseNext
    PrintEmailStory Bottom

November 24, 2006 -- JonBenet Ramsey's mom went to the grave "fighting off the rest of the world" - and believing her little girl's killer was about to be caught and brought to justice, according to her heartbroken husband, John Ramsey.

In his first interview since the stunning arrest and dismissal of charges against pervy suspect John Mark Karr, Ramsey praised his late wife as a dedicated mom who adored her family.

"It was kind of like Patsy and I against the world," Ramsey told '48 Hours Mystery' " in an edition that will air on CBS tomorrow at 10 p.m.

"And we were back to back, fighting off the rest of the world to protect our family."

The seemingly idyllic life of John and Patsy Ramsey forever changed after Christmas 1996, when their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet, was found strangled in their Boulder, Colo., basement.

The Ramseys have vehemently denied any involvement in the murder, which riveted the country - and remains unsolved a decade later, despite evidence that has come in from around the world.

For a while last August, it appeared the case had been solved when cops in Thailand picked up the creepy Karr, who had confessed to killing the beauty queen. Karr was living in Bangkok, teaching children and reportedly preparing for a sex-change operation.

He was returned to Colorado, but Boulder prosecutors dropped murder charges on Aug. 28 after DNA tests couldn't link him to the Ramsey house and witnesses put him thousands of miles away on the night of the murder.

The public spectacle of Karr's arrest and release even had Ramsey feeling sympathy for the oddball teacher.

"I started to feel sorry for the guy . . . which was a bizarre feeling," John Ramsey said.

The CBS report says that more than 60 potential suspects have been cleared by DNA tests over the years.

Despite her rapidly declining health this past spring and summer, Patsy Ramsey was encouraged that her daughter's killer might soon be brought to justice, John Ramsey said.

Default Continued: article from New York Post #2

HUBBY: SHE DIED THINKING KARR DID IT
    By DAVID K. LI
    Slideshow image
    FINAL FIGHT: Patsy Ramsey, seen as she was dying of ovarian cancer, was “fighting off the rest of the world” in her final days.
    PreviousPauseNext
    PrintEmailStory Bottom

November 24, 2006 -- CONTINUED FROM NEW YORK POST

Asked if his wife died believing the case had been solved as cops closed in on Karr, the crestfallen widower paused and gently tailed off, "Probably, probably."

The 49-year-old mom of JonBenet and Burke Ramsey died of ovarian cancer on June 24.

"They [hospital staff] told me I needed to tell her that, in so many words, that we'd given up [the fight against her cancer]," Ramsey told interviewer Erin Moriarty.

"I just [told her], 'If you're ready to go, it's OK to go.' "

As Patsy was dying, Colorado authorities were pumping John for all he might know about the mysterious Karr.

Karr, an Alabama native living in Thailand, had kept a perverted, four-year e-mail relationship with University of Colorado journalism professor and documentary maker Michael Tracey.

The professor has long been considered an expert on JonBenet's murder, and Karr professed his love for the little girl to him.

Karr - who signed his e-mails "Daxis" - showed off his knowledge of the crime scene and claimed he had a sexual encounter with JonBenet before the little girl died of asphyxiation.

The increasingly creepy correspondence prompted Tracey to go to cops in April.

"It is hard to say when I knew I wanted to possess JonBenet. It is like asking when I know I fall in love with a little girl," Karr wrote in a May 6 e-mail to Tracey.

"It starts with an initial physical attraction to a pretty face and body," the correspondence continued. "It then evolves to her personality. Then the overwhelming sexual desire that was present from the start takes a large role."

In a sick twist of timing, Karr told Tracey one day before Patsy Ramsey's death that the ailing mom would surely fight off cancer so she could meet him.

"I am determined that Patricia shall hang on for Daxis," Karr wrote to Tracey on June 23.

"I love her so much," Karr added. "I loved her daughter so much more."
    view full article >page 1 2 3 continue reading >

Default Continued: Article Fro N.y. Post #3

November 24, 2006 -- CONTINUED
    By DAVID K. LI
    Slideshow image
    PreviousPauseNext
    PrintEmailStory Bottom

November 24, 2006 -- CONTINUED

Authorities initially struggled to find Karr, who used an untraceable e-mail program and disposable cellphones to reach Tracey, according to "48 Hours."

The break came when he begged Tracey for a copy of the last photo taken of JonBenet. Karr provided the address of a post-office box and investigators sent him his prized picture in a large box.

Cops used the oversized package so they could easily spot Karr outside a Mail Boxes Etc. in Bangkok on Aug. 7.

When authorities showed John Ramsey surveillance pictures of Karr, snapped outside that mail drop, the grieving dad didn't recognize him. Ramsey told "48 Hours" he was shocked that Karr looked so benign.

"You have this expectation . . . evil is going to be ugly and dark and reprehensible," Ramsey said. "Here, you know, is a nice, clean-cut looking young man."

Although Karr couldn't be linked to JonBenet's murder, the heartbroken dad told CBS he still fears the ex-suspect might still want to reach or harm him.

"Absolutely, and you know you can't live your life in fear, but you know we tend to be careful," JonBenet's dad said.

Even though cops have for years said John and Patsy Ramsey remained under an "umbrella of suspicion," CBS obtained internal Boulder DA documents showing that prosecutors theorized that a stranger invaded the house.

"The conclusion of my summary of the physical evidence is a clear conclusion that an intruder committed this crime," former Assistant DA Trip DeMuth said.

"48 Hours" will air never-before-seen footage of Patsy Ramsey, bald from cancer in her final days, and a heartbreaking clip of her at a piano, singing the last song she ever taught JonBenet.

"She made a comment once to someone at a party who asked her what she did for a living," John Ramsey reminisced. "And she said, 'I invest in futures.' And of course their immediate reaction was, 'Oh, you must be an investment person.' "

"She goes on, 'No, no, I invest in my children's futures.' She was a wonderful mother."

david.li@nypost.com

[QUOTE=Greenleaf]
    "She made a comment once to someone at a party who asked her what she did for a living," John Ramsey reminisced. "And she said, 'I invest in futures.' And of course their immediate reaction was, 'Oh, you must be an investment person.' "

"She goes on, 'No, no, I invest in my children's futures.' She was a wonderful mother." [QUOTE]

Who in the hell makes up this stuff? It’s a pretty good bet that
    Patsy Ramsey didn’t have a clue about what a futures market is.
    Well, maybe she did. Obviously, she tried to corner the market on
    “July Snow.”

Hah....just another way for Tracey to fish for publishers....prob is, people have the gall to question three time suspect loser Tracey...like demanding evidence instead of bar room boastings.

Karr ought to sue the heck out of everyone involved in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    FWIW, I see word play here.

They have some official saying Karr isn't off the hook..... I'm sure he's not, he's a creepy guy and he's possibly a danger to kids. That doesn't mean they still think he's involved in JonBenet's murder. "Off the hook" could mean that they are watching him and looking to see if he might be involved in other cases.
    Bingo.

Last night on Headline News, they were running a short segment on this show. They said that the agency still looking into Karr "WOULD NOT SAY WHAT THEY WERE INVESTIGATING HIM FOR."

Hello? Another Ramsey DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN?

If this guy on TV doesn't say "We're still looking into Karr for the JonBenet murder," then the RST has AGAIN simply edited a quote from the guy and SPUN IT to look like he's STILL a suspect in the murder.

HOW RAMSEY OF THEM.

Because Lacy has already GIVEN HIM A PASS on the Ramsey murder. How on earth is she NOW going to prosecute him? His defense attorneys would tear her up with HER OWN PUBLIC QUOTE. ON CAMERA.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

They don't have a hook, they just want people to think they do.

Default 48 Hours Mystery?? The real mystery is...

What the he11 is wrong with the people in Boulder County, that they can let this happen not once, but twice? First JonBenet, now Jason Midyette. The mystery is what kind of people live in Boulder? Are they zombies? Are they brain-dead? Are they completely amoral? Do they need a sharp kick in the shins to help them understand what has happened to their DA's office?

Mystery? JonBenet's death is no mystery. It's a murder, and the murderer has gotten away with it for almost 10 years. Merry frickin' Christmas, Boulder.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Default Nice, clean-cut? What???

John Mark Karr looked like a shim, a freak, a burgeoning trans-sexual. What the heck does John Ramsey mean, "Nice, clean-cut looking young man?" What has he been smoking??? Makes me ill.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

I'm stunned. Shocked. Don't know what to say.

The producer of this show emailed me and told me to watch. Said I would, "Find it interesting."

I think he is trying to torture me.

Have I said I am stunned?? :scream: :scream: :scream:
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Here we go.

My god, from the opening seconds, this becomes obviously an ego-driven love letter to Tracey and DeMuth.