John Ramsey on 48 Hours - Saturday - 11/25/06

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Niner

Niner Active Member

bumping up thread

and a few comments...

Brooklyn - welcome to FFJ! You'll love it here!

Quote Cherokee:
    Amber, if you think these photos look bad, you should see Lizard Lips in action. It is so disgusting. I felt like I needed a shower after watching the interview...

:spit: :floor:

Now is this show 48 Hours OR 48 Hour Mystery ?? cable? channel?? :cheerful:

Quote Amber:
    It was proven JMK was with his family in another state at the time of the murder - Yes or No? Or had he access to a Star Trek teleporter at the time?

Yes! :beammeup:

Quote Cherokee:
    This whole thing makes me so mad. Moriarity is acting like this is some secret info that she was just now able to get hold of, but ace reporter that she is she has found these magic papers that "exhoerate" the Ramseys. Moriarity will present the papers as some kind conspiracy to keep the Ramseys under that umbrella of suspicion when there was evidence to clear them all along. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

She probably found these at ACR's site!! LOL! What dolt! (not you, Cherokee... Erin!)

What I would give for just ONE reporter to get out there and tell the world the truth in this case.

Where's Wendy (I think is her first name) Murphy?? :gottarun:

Quote Amber:
    People will have seen all the media frenzy about OJ and 'if I did it'.... here comes JR at exactly the same time and in people's minds they will be associated, no matter what slant he puts on it. You DO NOT want to be seen as being on par with OJ.

Oh - I didn't realize until now that they would be on at the "same time" - LOL! for JR - quite the bugaboo he put himelf in, eh? :runaway:

just edited to add: yes, I know that the OJ show has been cancelled - too bad - I definitely was going to watch THAT!! :laughup:

So - let me know what this program is called - Thanks!

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yes, it's the "48 Hours Mystery" series on CBS shown on Saturday nights.

If that's what you're asking, niner.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Texan,

Panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties. I'm a Scottish - British- Irish Canadian, and I can say Panties. :)

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

YEAH! I was thinking the same thing!

5. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Elle

:cheerful:

6. Elle

Elle Member

You are not under Communistic rule. You are free, Texan in the U.S.A. :)

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Anybody with me on doing something about this?

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

48 Hours. A Comedy with Michael Tracey and Smit

Tonight, 48 Hours is going to charge that John Mark Karr is still a suspect. I think it has something to do with new evidence. Their sources? Smit and Tracey. Maybe some other whack job too.

I'm speechless.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

It would be a farce if it wasn't a tragedy.

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I will repost my response from the other thread because it works here equally well:

I GOTTA say:

I'm with Heymom on this one.

It's times like this when I begin to question my own sanity! Foreign factions? Larger conspiracy???? One legged intruder from Jupiter with no fingerprints and no clothes, or possibly a three legged intruder, a group of intruders, Helgoth, Oliva, Gigax, Santa, and now, lo and behold, JOHN MARK KARR!

Is it just me? Is it just us? While we folks might be knowledgeable and there are so many bright lights on the forums, the greatest forensic minds and intellects in law enforcement AROUND THE WORLD, believe, at least the majority believe, that the Ramsey family are the ONLY people to suspect.

I'm starting to think we're all insane

11. Amber

Amber Member

This got lost on another thread:)

Quote:
    The "48 Hours" broadcast reveals - via federal investigators who speak on camera - that Karr remains a person of interest in JonBenet's death on Christmas night 1996. The investigators are looking into his travels and contacts with children in other countries.

"They say quite clearly they're still investigating Karr because of his discussions where he seemed to know so much more about the (murder of JonBenet) than he should," Moriarty said.

Duh!

1. First of all, knows more than who? Lacy? That's not difficult.

2. Karr corresponded for four years with a certain professor who is convinced of the innocence of the ramseys and who has made it his life's mission to convict anyone else of the crime BUT the ramseys. He's hardly an unbiased, neutral observer.

3. This professor is not a law enforcement officer, he's a teacher, and therefore does not have to abide by the rules of normal LE investigation.

4. Is it possible that Karr knows more than he should because Tracey, an insider, who wanted him to be the killer, fed him the information?

5. Is it possible that during the four year period that not ALL the emails, letters, phone conversations these two had were recorded, documented or kept?

6. Why is no one asking how Tracey seems to know so much?

7. Are they seriously telling us now that Karr was part of a tag team? That he remotely killed JBR via a second person? He was one of a small foreign faction?

12. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Isn't this a little like,

hanging onto the last little fiber of a rope before falling into the burniing pit type of thing? The newspaper states that the 48 Hour Mystery program has startling "new" information in the death of JonBenet. OOOOOOOOH how much more startling can it be than to glomb onto the once failed news splash of JMK. Can all in the DA's office in Boulder be that stupid? I have it on record as I'll be out probably for that program. But just in case I sure hope you all will give a summary of it here.

Does anyone believe that Tracey knows more than others involved in the case? Of course he got his info from Smit who was an insider but a very scewed one at that once he got his intruder theory to be echoed by so many.

13. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

FWIW, I see word play here.

They have some official saying Karr isn't off the hook..... I'm sure he's not, he's a creepy guy and he's possibly a danger to kids. That doesn't mean they still think he's involved in JonBenet's murder. "Off the hook" could mean that they are watching him and looking to see if he might be involved in other cases.

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Smit and Tracey's source? Susan Bennet, perhaps.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thor, John Ramsey's eyes now match his lizard tongue. :) I just remembered, I won't be able to tape this when I'mout after all. My Fox program is different from yours, Thor. :-( Hopefully Why_Nut may be able to tape something, being the genius he is (?).

I will look forward to reading all your comments girls and boys when I return home.

Punisher, are you planning on a mass e-mail launch to Erin Moriarty?

16. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Are you referring to tonight's 48 Hours program, Elle? If so, it's on CBS, not FOX.

-Tea

17. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Yeah right... since when is a federal agency investigating the Ramsey murder.
    I wonder if these are the same federal investigators who John Ramsey says are in a conspiracy with the BPD - and the reason they didn't cooperate with the investigation. :floor:

18. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

new article

MOM'S JONBENET HOPE
    HUBBY: SHE DIED THINKING KARR DID IT
    By DAVID K. LI
    Slideshow image

FINAL FIGHT: Patsy Ramsey, seen as she was dying of ovarian cancer, was “fighting off the rest of the world†in her final days.
    PreviousPauseNext
    PrintEmailStory Bottom

November 24, 2006 -- JonBenet Ramsey's mom went to the grave "fighting off the rest of the world" - and believing her little girl's killer was about to be caught and brought to justice, according to her heartbroken husband, John Ramsey.

In his first interview since the stunning arrest and dismissal of charges against pervy suspect John Mark Karr, Ramsey praised his late wife as a dedicated mom who adored her family.

"It was kind of like Patsy and I against the world," Ramsey told '48 Hours Mystery' " in an edition that will air on CBS tomorrow at 10 p.m.

"And we were back to back, fighting off the rest of the world to protect our family."

The seemingly idyllic life of John and Patsy Ramsey forever changed after Christmas 1996, when their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet, was found strangled in their Boulder, Colo., basement.

The Ramseys have vehemently denied any involvement in the murder, which riveted the country - and remains unsolved a decade later, despite evidence that has come in from around the world.

For a while last August, it appeared the case had been solved when cops in Thailand picked up the creepy Karr, who had confessed to killing the beauty queen. Karr was living in Bangkok, teaching children and reportedly preparing for a sex-change operation.

He was returned to Colorado, but Boulder prosecutors dropped murder charges on Aug. 28 after DNA tests couldn't link him to the Ramsey house and witnesses put him thousands of miles away on the night of the murder.

The public spectacle of Karr's arrest and release even had Ramsey feeling sympathy for the oddball teacher.

"I started to feel sorry for the guy . . . which was a bizarre feeling," John Ramsey said.

The CBS report says that more than 60 potential suspects have been cleared by DNA tests over the years.

Despite her rapidly declining health this past spring and summer, Patsy Ramsey was encouraged that her daughter's killer might soon be brought to justice, John Ramsey said.

19. Greenleaf

Continued: article from New York Post #2

HUBBY: SHE DIED THINKING KARR DID IT
    By DAVID K. LI
    Slideshow image
    FINAL FIGHT: Patsy Ramsey, seen as she was dying of ovarian cancer, was “fighting off the rest of the world†in her final days.
    PreviousPauseNext
    PrintEmailStory Bottom

November 24, 2006 -- CONTINUED FROM NEW YORK POST

Asked if his wife died believing the case had been solved as cops closed in on Karr, the crestfallen widower paused and gently tailed off, "Probably, probably."

The 49-year-old mom of JonBenet and Burke Ramsey died of ovarian cancer on June 24.

"They [hospital staff] told me I needed to tell her that, in so many words, that we'd given up [the fight against her cancer]," Ramsey told interviewer Erin Moriarty.

"I just [told her], 'If you're ready to go, it's OK to go.' "

As Patsy was dying, Colorado authorities were pumping John for all he might know about the mysterious Karr.

Karr, an Alabama native living in Thailand, had kept a perverted, four-year e-mail relationship with University of Colorado journalism professor and documentary maker Michael Tracey.

The professor has long been considered an expert on JonBenet's murder, and Karr professed his love for the little girl to him.

Karr - who signed his e-mails "Daxis" - showed off his knowledge of the crime scene and claimed he had a sexual encounter with JonBenet before the little girl died of asphyxiation.

The increasingly creepy correspondence prompted Tracey to go to cops in April.

"It is hard to say when I knew I wanted to possess JonBenet. It is like asking when I know I fall in love with a little girl," Karr wrote in a May 6 e-mail to Tracey.

"It starts with an initial physical attraction to a pretty face and body," the correspondence continued. "It then evolves to her personality. Then the overwhelming sexual desire that was present from the start takes a large role."

In a sick twist of timing, Karr told Tracey one day before Patsy Ramsey's death that the ailing mom would surely fight off cancer so she could meet him.

"I am determined that Patricia shall hang on for Daxis," Karr wrote to Tracey on June 23.

"I love her so much," Karr added. "I loved her daughter so much more."
    view full article >page 1 2 3 continue reading >

20. Greenleaf

Continued: Article Fro N.y. Post #3

November 24, 2006 -- CONTINUED
    By DAVID K. LI
    Slideshow image
    PreviousPauseNext
    PrintEmailStory Bottom

November 24, 2006 -- CONTINUED

Authorities initially struggled to find Karr, who used an untraceable e-mail program and disposable cellphones to reach Tracey, according to "48 Hours."

The break came when he begged Tracey for a copy of the last photo taken of JonBenet. Karr provided the address of a post-office box and investigators sent him his prized picture in a large box.

Cops used the oversized package so they could easily spot Karr outside a Mail Boxes Etc. in Bangkok on Aug. 7.

When authorities showed John Ramsey surveillance pictures of Karr, snapped outside that mail drop, the grieving dad didn't recognize him. Ramsey told "48 Hours" he was shocked that Karr looked so benign.

"You have this expectation . . . evil is going to be ugly and dark and reprehensible," Ramsey said. "Here, you know, is a nice, clean-cut looking young man."

Although Karr couldn't be linked to JonBenet's murder, the heartbroken dad told CBS he still fears the ex-suspect might still want to reach or harm him.

"Absolutely, and you know you can't live your life in fear, but you know we tend to be careful," JonBenet's dad said.

Even though cops have for years said John and Patsy Ramsey remained under an "umbrella of suspicion," CBS obtained internal Boulder DA documents showing that prosecutors theorized that a stranger invaded the house.

"The conclusion of my summary of the physical evidence is a clear conclusion that an intruder committed this crime," former Assistant DA Trip DeMuth said.

"48 Hours" will air never-before-seen footage of Patsy Ramsey, bald from cancer in her final days, and a heartbreaking clip of her at a piano, singing the last song she ever taught JonBenet.

"She made a comment once to someone at a party who asked her what she did for a living," John Ramsey reminisced. "And she said, 'I invest in futures.' And of course their immediate reaction was, 'Oh, you must be an investment person.' "

"She goes on, 'No, no, I invest in my children's futures.' She was a wonderful mother."

david.li@nypost.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice