Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Another poor misunderstood Ramseys piece

Maybe someone should let this guy know they didn't have a full DNA profile. Why won't these guys do their homework?? Also, how did he come up with the race. I thought that was not possible as of yet.

01/26/07
    Are the Fullwood's -- North Port's Ramsey's?

Family of slain girl may live forever under the veil of suspicion

SARASOTA -- "Do you see what they are doing here?" attorney Debra Salisbury said after the visitation hearing of the Fullwoods.

"I think to myself, if somebody took one of my children out of my house and murdered my child, don't take my other child," Salisbury said. "You don't leave me under the veil of suspicion like in JonBenét Ramsey's case, forever. And that's where (The Fullwood family) may be heading."

Salisbury compared what is happening to Ellen-Beth Fullwood, and her client, Dale Fullwood, to what the Ramseys were going through in the death of their child.

Ellen-Beth and Dale Fullwood are the parents of 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood, who was found slain on Sept. 17 in a construction site two blocks from her Calabash Lane home in North Port. Police have not made any arrests in the case, nor have they ruled out the family members as suspects.

Ellen-Beth's parents, Saul and Doreen VanderWoude, of Fort Myers, were given temporary custody of the four Fullwood children on Sept. 19. At a visitation hearing Wednesday, a circuit court granted Ellen-Beth her motion for unsupervised visitation of her remaining children. The court denied Dale's request.

The Ramsey case

On Dec. 26, 1996, 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey was found murdered in the basement of her Boulder, Colo. home after a ransom was apparently demanded.

In that case, police, media, experts and the parents had different theories. Boulder Police believed that her mother may have accidentally killed JonBenét in a fit of rage after the girl had wet her bed on the same night.

Another theory was that John Ramsey, father of JonBenét, may have sexually abused her and murdered her to cover up his crime. John Ramsey's young son, Burke, was also a target of speculation. However, police never suspected anyone outside of the family. And yet, according to public records, JonBenét's parents showed no signs of aggression or suspicious behavior towards their children, nor did they have criminal records.

The Ramseys stated repeatedly that an outsider committed the crime.

Eight years later, police were able to extract enough DNA to establish a DNA profile, which belonged to an unknown white male. The DNA was sent to the FBI's national crime database. No hits were ever found on the DNA database, which contains more than 1.6 million profiles.

Police also discovered that 38 registered sex offenders lived within a 2-mile radius of the Ramseys' home.

The case is still unsolved, and even after the death of Patsy Ramsey, JonBenét's mother, her father has not been dismissed as a suspect.

North Port's Coralrose case

Based on what little information has been released, and testimony heard at Wednesday's hearing, Salisbury said she is frustrated by the NPPD, because the suspicion of her client, and that of Ellen-Beth, may never end.

Four months after North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis said there was no evidence that Coralrose was sexually assaulted, he announced that she was, based on subsequent analysis of evidence. Lewis also said police found DNA and it was not from a family member. Lewis also came up with a DNA profile, claiming it was that of an "unknown white male."

Lewis would not say where the DNA sample came from. However, in the JonBenét case, police found DNA samples in a mixed blood sample found on the child's underwear.

During the four months since Coralrose's homicide, parents, members of the community, and family members have expressed different theories on what happened. North Port Police Capt. Robert Estrada said, in an earlier interview, that investigators also have more than one theory on what might have happened. And expert profilers who spoke with the press also came up with their own theories.

However, in the North Port case, everyone who is somehow attached to the investigation by a lead is a suspect, and according to Salisbury, this leaves a lot of people under that veil of suspicion that will be with them for the rest of their lives if Coralrose's murder is never solved.

North Port Detective Thomas Stella also testified that if the murder were not solved, then all these "other people" who are considered suspects would be so for the rest of their lives.

He said that he could not say who or how many suspects police have. When Salisbury asked Stella if there were any other suspects who still have custody of their children, Stella said, "I would have to presume yes."

In earlier testimony at Wednesday's hearing, Saul VanderWoude said, "As far as I am aware, even the 4-year-old is a suspect in murdering his sister."

You can e-mail George McGinn at gmcginn@sun-herald.com.

BY GEORGE McGINN

Staff Writer

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsstory....r=NewsArchive2

Thanks for bringing this Little...In the Fullwood case, the other children were immediately taken away, and that NEVER was even discussed in the Ramsey case!

Just proves someone is on the ball! If the parents are cleared, the children would and should be returned. Was that the case with the Ramsey's? He11 no! The other child remained in the home for the next 10 years, and the Ramsey's are still NOT CLEARED of wrongdoing in the death of their daughter...

...and the killah is still out there!!!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Yes, Moab, Burke was never removed from Patsy and John Ramsey's care. This is what I thought should have happened at the time, even although it was still a kidnapping case. Burke Ramsey should have been removed straight away, but the Ramseys were treated with kid gloves.

The following statement has given me a jolt, Little. A little four year old, a suspect (?).

In earlier testimony at Wednesday's hearing, Saul VanderWoude said, "As far as I am aware, even the 4-year-old is a suspect in murdering his sister."
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moab
    Thanks for bringing this Little...In the Fullwood case, the other children were immediately taken away, and that NEVER was even discussed in the Ramsey case!

Just proves someone is on the ball! If the parents are cleared, the children would and should be returned. Was that the case with the Ramsey's? He11 no! The other child remained in the home for the next 10 years, and the Ramsey's are still NOT CLEARED of wrongdoing in the death of their daughter...

...and the killah is still out there!!!
    Great thread Little!

Moab if Burke had been taken away he might have revealed something on the murder the Ramseys didn't want the cops to know. Ramseys and lawyers never let it get that far...unfortunately. I wonder if Burke will speak up someday and tell what he knows.

The Boogeyman is white.

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me
    Great thread Little!

Moab if Burke had been taken away he might have revealed something on the murder the Ramseys didn't want the cops to know. Ramseys and lawyers never let it get that far...unfortunately. I wonder if Burke will speak up someday and tell what he knows.
    I totaly agree, and think that is the sole reason JR shipped him off that morning before the police had a chance to think it through.

Then, he was out of sight, out of mind, and the Rams were so indignant about the slightest question...DCFS never had a chance!

And then there was the soundbyte of the year...the killa is OUT THERE (deflecting anyone looking inward...including themselves).
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43314

The mother has popped in to comment on comments at WBS.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Who knows if this particular family is innocent or not. IMO, when reporters start to draw comparisons it might be wise to comment that LE has an obligation and a duty to the victim to start with those known to be around the victim and work outward from there. I don't get the wide eyed amazement that this is what the BPD tried to do. It's what they needed to do and were prevented from completing. That's the only oddity about the Ramsey case.

Little

Quote Originally Posted by Moab
    I totaly agree, and think that is the sole reason JR shipped him off that morning before the police had a chance to think it through.

Then, he was out of sight, out of mind, and the Rams were so indignant about the slightest question...DCFS never had a chance!

And then there was the soundbyte of the year...the killa is OUT THERE (deflecting anyone looking inward...including themselves).
    Yeah...didn't even allow the cops to ask if Burke saw or heard the intruder....seems the Ramseys protected the 'intruder' with their every step.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43314

The mother has popped in to comment on comments at WBS.
    Where RiverRat? There's like a billion posts on the thread.

The Ramseys stated repeatedly that an outsider committed the crime.
    Well for goodness sake, what else would they say? 'We did it!'? Duh!
    "She wore him like wet underwear"

“Some explanations of a crime are not explanations: they're part of the crime.” Olavo de Cavarlho

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me
    Great thread Little!

My thoughts too Show Me. I've often wondered what Burke would have told if he'd been taken away from his parents for a only a day or two.