Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Book- "And Justice For Some" by Wendy Murphy

"An Expose of the lawyers and judges who let dangerous criminals go free".......

Has several references to JBR, including the Ramseys' fake polygraphs, and of course Lin Wood. She calls him a thug and tells it like it is, and explains how he manipulates the media.

The cover has this quote from Dominick Dunn, " Wendy Murphy's fearless reporting on the JBR case always made me sit up and listen. She wasn't afraid to say the things alot of us thought but didn't say because of the threat of litigation."

GOOD FOR HER!

I'd love to see her go up against Wood if he dared. She has the spunk to fight it and I am sure this was a consideration before she published the book

Maybe she is "challenging" him; who knows?

I love it

Thanks for the information Sabrina
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Oh, thanks for the heads up, Sabrina. This is one book I'll buy. That Wendy is a force to be reckoned with! GOOOOOOOOOO WENDY!!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Yes! Way to go, Wendy! I will definitely buy the book and encourage others to as well ... and not just because of the JBR entry. I have great antipathy towards lawyers and judges who are responsible for letting criminals go free. I'm glad someone finally had the cajones to approach the subject and tell the truth. Wendy won't be popular with the lawyer's lobby that runs this country. She will need all of our support.

Good news! The book was released last week on September 4th, so it's already available and should be in most larger bookstores. Of course, it's also available at Amazon.com where I found the following editorial review:

A scathing exposé of the judges and lawyers who put criminals’ rights ahead of victims’ rights

"When Wendy Murphy was a young prosecutor, she learned that the deck is stacked in favor of criminal defendants. Between their arrest and (potential) conviction, murderers, rapists, and drug dealers get more than a fair shake—they get an unfair advantage, often at the expense of their victims.

"In many states, for instance, defendants can subpoena a victim’s private medical and counseling files, without any justification. They can threaten victims with brutal cross-examinations if they dare to testify. They can put on "dog and pony show" defenses that have nothing to do with the truth—and even lie under oath with virtually no risk of being prosecuted for perjury.

"These kinds of injustices make Murphy fighting mad. She’s made it her mission to help the victims who get the least protection from our twisted legal system. And in her first book, she guides readers through one horror story after another about judges and lawyers who bend over backward to let the worst offenders go free.

"You’ll meet judges who unapologetically declare that they care more about their liberal ideology than about the pain and suffering of abuse victims. Judges who let child molesters walk free because they’re "too frail" to go to prison. Defense attorneys who take big money from wealthy child molesters, then twist the Bill of Rights beyond recognition. And even a few prosecutors who go easy on criminals for their own selfish reasons.

"Murphy’s true stories will shock you, but they will also inspire you to join the fight for a more rational system. This is an important book that is sure to infuriate America’s legal establishment."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I so love Wendy! I'm going to Borders to buy the book this weekend.

Sabrina,
    Thanks for the heads up!

I hope it has lots of pictures of Wendy.

No pictures but she makes Lin Wood look like the a-- he is.

Is this the woman that Lin wood threatened with a lawsuit?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Is this the woman that Lin wood threatened with a lawsuit?
    Yes. The one who told him how DARE he threaten her and to bring it on.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Wink I'm so glad to hear that she has this book

out now. I have always enjoyed her straight forward aproach to the justice system. I've alsohad her quote as my ending here on FFJ. She said that during the Scaught Peterson trial. I taped that segment and had to go over it and over it until I got her words correct. And she is so right on with her quote. I'll buy her book too and send her a fan letter when I'm through with it.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

I will buy it as well...if several of us do...perhaps we can discuss it chapter by chapter! Where is BobC...he is fantastic at book reviews.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**