Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    My memory might be a bit off on the carpet KK, but that still doesn't explain why a bat that has no material from Jonbenet on it is being promoted as proof of an intruder.
    Oh, that!

Okay, how's this for an explanation: Patsy, John, and Burke didn't recognize it, so it's MORE EVIDENCE of an INTRUDER!!!

How'd I do with that forensic genius thinking, a la Smit?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Only in the Ramsey case can a baseball bat be found outside a LOCKED HOME, with material from INSIDE the house on it, and it is proof of an intruder!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

uhhhhh there was no carpet in the room Jonebenet was found in. To the best of my recollection there was no carpet in the basement at all.

So just what exactly does a carpet "near the basement room" mean? You mean on another floor?
    The wineceller had NO carpet, correct. Other areas of the basement were carpeted. There was an area just outside the wineceller that was carpeted, and urine stains were found on that carpet. As JB had anterior urine stains on her longjohns (which indicates she was lying on her stomach when it happened) and she also had carpet fibers matching the basement carpet in her hair, I'd say that for me, this placed her in the basement lying face down on the carpet as the garrote was tied (the knot was in the back of her neck, as well) and that it where she died. Then, she was moved into the wineceller and placed on her back on the white blanket, which was then wrapped around her.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

I feel like I've been misunderstood here.
    I didn't know everybody knew what Burke had been asked and what he answered in his interview.
    I guess I completely missed it when it came out.
    I was just interested in reading what he said about the baseball bat and swiss army knife.
    I had no idea he had said those things. And I also didn't know LE thought John had found the swiss army knife. I thought LE had found it.
    From now on I guess I'll have to try to stay in the loop a little better.

And yes I knew it was the 1998 interview per my first post. I just had never heard this information and it was new to me, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I feel like I've been misunderstood here.
    I didn't know everybody knew what Burke had been asked and what he answered in his interview.
    I guess I completely missed it when it came out.
    I was just interested in reading what he said about the baseball bat and swiss army knife.
    I had no idea he had said those things. And I also didn't know LE thought John had found the swiss army knife. I thought LE had found it.
    From now on I guess I'll have to try to stay in the loop a little better.

And yes I knew it was the 1998 interview per my first post. I just had never heard this information and it was new to me, that's all.
    Oh, I wasn't really addressing what you posted, Karen, if that's what you mean. I was just clarifying what I feel was MEANT to be misinterpreted by the NE, as I don't think it's at all clear the "new info" was from a very old interview, the way Gentile wrote it. That's the stock and trade of the tabs, isn't it--confusing the issue to make it look like they have something worth spending the money to buy the rag?

So I was actually arguing with Gentile/NE. Not that they know or care....

As for missing things, I find entire threads here I've completely missed sometimes with info I didn't know. It's pretty much impossible to keep up with everything in this case, or even remember what I once knew, like the carpet in the basement, etc. If I take a long break, it starts to fade from memory in alarming chunks. Heck, I have actually read some long, detailed post about something and thought, wow, I didn't know that, how interesting. Only to look at the poster's hat and discover it was written a long time ago by...ME!

Anyhow, if I was misunderstanding what you wrote, so sorry.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

That's exactly what this is.

The Ramsey sides sure seems to be doing a lot of spin all of a sudden. Makes you wonder what is making them so nervous...
    All I can figure is : they're nervous because the BPD has the case again and the new DA isn't Team Ramsey. Beckner and Garner held that press conference early last year, remember, stating NO ONE has been "cleared" in their investigation of this crime; so the Ramseys are nervous because someone has leaked to them that the investigation is actually active again and evidence is being reassessed, beginning with that large group of LE who got together for a couple of days to go over what needs to be done now.

It's speculated, of course, that there is something "new" in the way of evidence, maybe processing...or maybe from the new interviews? One advantage a cold case investigation team has is that people who wouldn't speak in the past might now. Also, something I've pondered is if the CHILDREN of the various families around the Ramseys at the time might one day be able to speak to things they remember which didn't surface before because they weren't extensively questioned or didn't realize the significance of something as children, but in being re-interviewed it comes up.

So if Team Ramsey is nervous, maybe they have a reason to be.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

P.S. If I didn't say this already, thanks for starting this thread, Karen. We're slow here to respond sometimes because there aren't many active members. But we're really dedicated!

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Oh, I wasn't really addressing what you posted, Karen, if that's what you mean. I was just clarifying what I feel was MEANT to be misinterpreted by the NE, as I don't think it's at all clear the "new info" was from a very old interview, the way Gentile wrote it. That's the stock and trade of the tabs, isn't it--confusing the issue to make it look like they have something worth spending the money to buy the rag?

So I was actually arguing with Gentile/NE. Not that they know or care....

As for missing things, I find entire threads here I've completely missed sometimes with info I didn't know. It's pretty much impossible to keep up with everything in this case, or even remember what I once knew, like the carpet in the basement, etc. If I take a long break, it starts to fade from memory in alarming chunks. Heck, I have actually read some long, detailed post about something and thought, wow, I didn't know that, how interesting. Only to look at the poster's hat and discover it was written a long time ago by...ME!

Anyhow, if I was misunderstanding what you wrote, so sorry.

Heavens to Betsy KK you never need apologize to me! Thank you for contributing to this thread.

uhhhhh there was no carpet in the room Jonebenet was found in. To the best of my recollection there was no carpet in the basement at all.

So just what exactly does a carpet "near the basement room" mean? You mean on another floor?
    There was a basement carpet on which the paint tray stood. It was on this carpet where shards from the paintbrush were found, and it is in the back of my mind that a fiber from the basement carpet was indeed found on this baseball bat.

And wasn't it Mike Kane who mentioned that during the grand jury hearing, it was revealed that the bat did belong to Burke?

Only in the Ramsey case can a baseball bat be found outside a LOCKED HOME, with material from INSIDE the house on it, and it is proof of an intruder!
    I believe the baseball bat could be connected to the crime and was later placed outside the home by the Ramseys to misdirect LE.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Rosh I stand corrected on the carpet in some part of the basement. BUT the important thing here is that there was no organic material from Jonbenet on that bat. The fact that the bat had a few fibers from a basement carpets means absolutely nothing since Burke stored most of his toys down there. About all the fibers tell me is that Burke is/was lying about owning the bat, in the same way the Ramseys lied about the hi Tek boots.

It certainly is not proof of an intruder. If anything, it is yet another instance of this supposed-to-be predator not bringing with him what he needs to get the job done. This is classic staging and yet the world sees it as proof of an intruder.

I guess I get annoyed that the Ramseys have, over the years, managed to get everybody talking about things like the bat, when there is no evidence whatsoever that it was linked to the murder. That stupid Santa bear was another example. Every single time, these items turn out to be red herrings and the Ramseys must be laughing over how easy it is to float this garbage and have people swallow it.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

I can't be the only one here that's even more AMAZED at the SuperMan Vision that Fernie has to have read the ransom note from the outside of the home at quite a major distance! That diagram shows what a CROCK That story is - IMO!

Why, Fernie?!
    RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I can't be the only one here that's even more AMAZED at the SuperMan Vision that Fernie has to have read the ransom note from the outside of the home at quite a major distance! That diagram shows what a CROCK That story is - IMO!

Why, Fernie?!
    RR
    I've never quite understood RR how this stupid statement of John Fernie's was not investigated (?). It's a wonder the flying elephants above his head didn't fall on him and kill him while he was reading it (?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.